Expired Hot Deals

Shoppers Drug Mart

20x PC Optimum Points (30%) for Online Orders (Ends Jan 23) (OLED SWITCH CURRENTLY OOS)

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 4th, 2022 12:59 pm
Dec 28, 2007
86 posts
20 upvotes
Niagara Falls
Anybody else not seeing the 20x offer after logging into pcoptimum website or app?

Maybe I'm doing something wrong
Aug 21, 2012
684 posts
493 upvotes
Thank you OP for this post, it was really helpful. I bought a white switch OLED along with pokemon sword and animal crossing.
Few days ago I had the offer of redeem your points and get 40% back but it was just a pain finding a switch oled ver in stock at stores. so many stores didnt have, some stores had waiting list, ugh I just hate in store offers if its for a console.
But this time at least I was able to secure a switch without any hassle.
WOOOOOOOOOOO
May 10, 2014
13 posts
5 upvotes
New Westminster
After purchasing the 20x points showed up on the receipt! About 135000 points back.
Jul 4, 2020
130 posts
122 upvotes
philvo87 wrote: Anybody else not seeing the 20x offer after logging into pcoptimum website or app?

Maybe I'm doing something wrong
I've tried multiple times today and the bonus points don't show before the purchase so I'm not risking it.
Jul 1, 2003
876 posts
132 upvotes
Airdrie, AB
Ordered a switch oled and pro controller. 161,700 in points. Thanks OP!
-Some people hear their own voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy or they become Legend.-
Dec 18, 2019
370 posts
268 upvotes
Calgary
Thanks OP, ordered the Mario Party Superstars!
In Heavy Metal We Trust
Sep 15, 2019
362 posts
950 upvotes
orleans
tony822 wrote: I just want to warn my RFDers to be aware of SDM's return policy when it comes to electronics. I know most people buy electronics without looking at SDM's exchange and return policy. SDM doesn't not accept electronics back if you open it and it turns out to be damaged. In fact, I'm not sure if they even accept products back at all if you open it. They only accept sealed products in saleable condition as per their policy. I was told to call the manufacturer so I asked to return it and they said no because I opened it. You might ask how do you know it's damaged if you don't open the product right?!? I've never experienced anything like that before (from any other retailer) until I recently purchased an electronic item online recently. I went to few SDM stores and also called many stores but no store would exchange or accept my item. I am not sure if it's like this if you purchase the item in store. Never buying an electronic product from SDM online again. Will only redeem my points in store for electronics. Happy shopping all!
This is part of the risk of buying electronics from Shoppers. The odds of something like a Switch being dead out of the box are very low, and they never go on sale. 30 percent back is a huge rebate. The value outweighs the risk.

It is only really relevant if you are buying something out of warranty like an older model laptop. With a game console, Sony, Nintendo, or Microsoft will cover you.

With that said, it's always a good idea to check something like a Switch in front of the cashier after paying. I don't mean booting it up. But they don't come with any tamper proof seal. If you leave Shoppers (or any store for that matter) and come back claiming the box was empty, or had an HP Touchpad in place of the console, they won't believe you.
I will tell my grandchildren about the deal I got on an HP Touchpad at the Bank street staples thanks to rfding.
Jun 19, 2019
26 posts
33 upvotes
Woot, the Switch OLED is still is stock! Gonna order a controller/games on our other account now to double up on the bonus 5000 points.
Nov 25, 2018
141 posts
27 upvotes
Thank you OP. Snagged one OLED switch.
Dec 27, 2015
13 posts
3 upvotes
Kanata, ON
caved and purchased online lol. Can't pass up cashing in on 60k points and getting back 116k
Deal Addict
Sep 10, 2001
3267 posts
905 upvotes
The great part is if you were going to buy one anyhow for cash, and get back $150 in points, eventually down the road you may get more for those same points during bonus redemption, reducing your true cost even more.
Dec 13, 2017
64 posts
34 upvotes
Lake Louise
Anyone know of any locations in Calgary or the area that have Xbox’s in stock?
Deal Addict
Sep 3, 2017
1213 posts
2370 upvotes
Vancouver
Not sure why the 20X isn't showing up for me either

Why is this so buggy?
Images
  • 2022-01-22 23_39_37-Your Shopping Bag and 2 more pages - [InPrivate] - Microsoft​ Edge.png
Mar 27, 2004
588 posts
24 upvotes
tietherope wrote: Zelda is the best game of all time. But I'm talking Ocarina of Time.
That was my favorite before BoTW came out. There's just so much more to do and explore. I would definitely get OoT again if they did some remastered version
Apr 23, 2021
4 posts
soymilkslam wrote: Not sure why the 20X isn't showing up for me either

Why is this so buggy?
Same. Not working for me either.
Deal Guru
Aug 14, 2007
11903 posts
2873 upvotes
Durham Region
peakingduck wrote: Didn't see a main thread. SDM has 20x back in points (30% return) for online orders until Sunday Jan 23.

30% back in points is a pretty good deal for items such as Nintendo switch exclusives or accessories where they don't go on sale often and are also sold at SDM at retail and not a jacked up price (airpods). I also had the 20x offer expiring Jan 23 in my account for in-store purchases but YMMV. Also ordering online saves driving around looking for stock (picking up a few switch games). Unfortunately XB-S/X and PS5's aren't listed online..

LINK TO ELECTRONICS

Here's a list of some notable items:

Switch consoles $379.99
Nintendo Switch Grey Joy-Con
Nintendo Switch Neon Blue / Red Joy-Con
Nintendo Switch Animal Crossing: New Horizons Edition
Nintendo Switch OLED model $449.99 BOTH WHITE AND BLACK MODELS CURRENTLY IN STOCK AS OF SAT 4:30PM

Popular Switch games (too lazy to link)
- Super Smash Ultimate
- Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
- Mario Odyssey
- Mario Tennis Aces
- Super Mario Party Superstars
- Metroid Dread
- Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze
- Luigi's Mansion 3
- Pokemon
- Animal Crossing: New Horizons
- Zelda BOTW
https://shop.shoppersdrugmart.ca/Shop/N ... asc&page=0

Nintendo Joycons ($99.99):
https://shop.shoppersdrugmart.ca/Shop/C ... 5496882228
https://shop.shoppersdrugmart.ca/Shop/C ... 5496882211
https://shop.shoppersdrugmart.ca/Shop/C ... 5496590130

Nintendo Pro Controller ($89.99):
https://shop.shoppersdrugmart.ca/Shop/C ... 5496590161

I think this laptop was mentioned in previous threads?
15.6" Ryzen R5 8GB/256GB SSD Notebook $529.99

Apple
Airpods ($179.99)
Airpod Pros ($299.99)
Airpod 3rd Gen ($239.99) - new model, warm deal?
Airpod Max ($779.99)

Apple TV 4K 32GB ($229.99)

Dyson Hair Straighteners
https://shop.shoppersdrugmart.ca/Shop/C ... 5609020044
https://shop.shoppersdrugmart.ca/Shop/D ... 5609025346
Thankyou OP. I've been trying to get an OLED Switch @ 20x points for quite awhile now and no SDM near me ever has them in stock. Got this with 20x points which gave me 134,700 pts. I assume the extra 5000pts will come in time.

Brings me up to 803,955pts :D
Deal Guru
Aug 14, 2007
11903 posts
2873 upvotes
Durham Region
dekay wrote: *YAWN*

Can we post SDM deals/products when it's actually worthy of posting? If people haven't figured it out already, these 20x points offers take place at least twice a week. :facepalm:

When something happens this frequently, nothing's special.
The OLED model @ SDM for me has been very difficult to find, I was finally able to purchase one @ SDM w/ 20x the pts + 5000 extra for using my pc world mastercard using this exact post and link to the OLED model. Hot deal? Maybe not for some but (rounded up) to get $140 back in points, yes it's pretty damn good considering you won't find that same deal anywhere else...
Last edited by XtremeModder on Jan 23rd, 2022 11:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mar 29, 2010
109 posts
95 upvotes
Kitchener
peakingduck wrote: The ones I can think of are:
- 20x offer stacked with 20% senior discount
- 40% points back on redemption
- bonus redemption event (spend 250K, get $400)

So somewhere around 40% off is the ATL which is incredible for a console as popular as the switch.

Imo it's unlikely shoppers will drop the price of the switch anytime soon due to its popularity. Look at the airpod pros, been selling for ~$250 for the past year everywhere else but still $299 at SDM however maybe that's an apple thing and the thin margins.
Anyone know if the senior discount works for online as well?
Deal Fanatic
Dec 3, 2004
6275 posts
6736 upvotes
Edmonton
So if I understand correctly, if you purchase a $449.99 OLED switch (with a PC world elite MC) you will get a total of 153,170 points.

134,700 points (15 points x 449 x 20)
5,000 bonus points (bonus offer for PC mastercard holders)
13,470 bonus points (30 points x 449 - for PC world elite)

With GST (in Alberta) the OLED comes to $472.49. Subtract $153.17 in points and it ends up being $319.32 out the door. Can't really beat that. Just wish white was in stock... it is OOS now.
Dec 2, 2017
66 posts
491 upvotes
jbrah1 wrote: I just tried using my 30k PC optimum points to purchase a Nintendo Switch Pro controller but there was an error message, however my points were used and taken from my account. I see in my bank account cc saying it was purchased then refunded? Not sure if my transaction went through successfully or not and if my points are gone now? Anyone had a similar problem with using your points online for purchase?
They should return your points if the transaction didn't go through, if not reach out to customer service via the optimum app.

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)