Expired Hot Deals

Shoppers Drug Mart

20x PC Optimum Points (30%) for Online Orders (Ends Jan 23) (OLED SWITCH CURRENTLY OOS)

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 4th, 2022 12:59 pm
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2007
4876 posts
4557 upvotes
No Bum Deals
dekay wrote: *YAWN*
If uninterested It’s threads like these that I use the relatively new hide feature. Cleans everything up to spec.
I need ammunition, not a ride.

©Zelensky 2022
Dec 29, 2017
885 posts
906 upvotes
Ontario
OOS again, no points were showing on checkout for me either. If someone here got it, did points show? Otherwise good luck with customer service.
Mar 23, 2005
641 posts
162 upvotes
Montreal
Ugh I was going to pull the trigger on the OLED switch and now it's out of stock. Someone please @ me if it's in stock again
Jul 30, 2014
61 posts
38 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
soymilkslam wrote: Not sure why the 20X isn't showing up for me either

Why is this so buggy?
Many people myself included didn't realize that it was a one-time use offer. So if you already bought something and got the 20x points, you won't get it on your subsequent purchases.
Images
  • Screenshot 2022-01-23 125501.jpg
Nov 24, 2014
458 posts
420 upvotes
Quebec, QC
Couldn't get a Switch OLED during any of the 4 previous Bonus Redemption days. I thought I finally had one when they held that promo around Christmas time, but that's when I realized that QCers couldn't order from Shoppers and needed to use Pharmaprix instead (which was OOS there obviously).

When I finally saw them in stock at 2AM this morning, I grabbed one and took advantage of the ~135K points. Sitting at 760K points that will now most likely be spent on groceries, unless they finally list a Xbox Series X...

For people still looking for one, what I did was keep a tab open in my browser with the items from the Video Console and Accessories, sorted by most expensive to least expensive. When the Switch OLED is in stock, it should show up as the first 2 items (White & Neon) on the page when you refresh, so you don't need to scroll down with every refresh (I was refreshing a few times a day)
Last edited by jiayejoe on Jan 23rd, 2022 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mar 23, 2005
641 posts
162 upvotes
Montreal
jiayejoe wrote: Couldn't get a Switch OLED during any of the 4 previous Bonus Redemption days. I thought I finally had one when they held that promo around Christmas time, but that's when I realized that QCers couldn't order from Shoppers and needed to use Pharmaprix instead (which was OOS there obviously).

When I finally saw them in stock at 2AM this morning, I grabbed one and took advantage of the ~135K points. Sitting at 760K points that will now most likely be spent on groceries, unless they finally list a Xbox Series X...

For people still looking for one, what I did was keep a tab open in my browser with the items from the Video Console and Accessories, sorted by most expensive to least expensive. When the Switch OLED is in stock, it should show up as the first 2 items (White & Neon) on the page when you refresh, so you don't need to scroll down with every refresh (I was refreshing a few times a day)
So did you order from Pharmaprix or Shoppers? I have an address I can use in QC!
Nov 24, 2014
458 posts
420 upvotes
Quebec, QC
alias_neo wrote: So did you order from Pharmaprix or Shoppers? I have an address I can use in QC!
I got it from Pharmaprix online. With the "technique" I described above, I managed to find Switch OLED in stock at least 5 times over the past 3 weeks, but that was the first time I saw them in stock during a "20x Points online" event or "Bonus Redemption" days.

That's the exact link/page I was using and refreshing a few times a day:
Pharmaprix Consoles & Accessories.
Aug 30, 2007
775 posts
1460 upvotes
Calgary
dbdudley wrote: Super Mario Odyssey
Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury
Super Mario Party Superstars (the newest one)

Super Mario Brothers U Deluxe
peakingduck wrote: Same as you, picked up a switch after a long hiatus from Nintendo. Didn't know if it was a good purchase at the time but we love it, great family device.

Mario kart for sure
Mario tennis
Smash bros
Mario party superstars (sdm also sells the older one in stores)
Mario Odyssey
Luigi's mansion
Animal crossing if they're into that style

I also recommend finding a group buy on RFD for a nintendo switch online family plan, it's about $15/person for the year. Gives you access to a bunch of classic Nintendo/SNES/N64 games. We've recently been playing a lot of Mario tennis 64, which convinced us we needed to get Mario tennis aces during this sale.
Thanks for the recommendations @dbdudley,@Yragorn,@stephroll, @dieselboy27, @Esca,@tietherope and @peakingduck(OP) and others, you guys really helped me narrow down my selections!
Jun 19, 2016
70 posts
56 upvotes
Leask
Bought the switch OLED yesterday and got 134k points..waiting for additional 5,000 points since i used my pc mastercard cc..
Images
  • 921CEB37-1CB5-4C5D-9AAE-2012C4FD327E.jpeg
Jul 29, 2015
218 posts
214 upvotes
Saskatoon
Too bad its one time use. I need a game now. 20k points/$60 tomorrow for me but in store only and not quite as good of a deal.
Jul 8, 2018
123 posts
90 upvotes
Toronto
peakingduck wrote: Same as you, picked up a switch after a long hiatus from Nintendo. Didn't know if it was a good purchase at the time but we love it, great family device.

Mario kart for sure
Mario tennis
Smash bros
Mario party superstars (sdm also sells the older one in stores)
Mario Odyssey
Luigi's mansion
Animal crossing if they're into that style

I also recommend finding a group buy on RFD for a nintendo switch online family plan, it's about $15/person for the year. Gives you access to a bunch of classic Nintendo/SNES/N64 games. We've recently been playing a lot of Mario tennis 64, which convinced us we needed to get Mario tennis aces during this sale.
Is there a thread for the family plans?
Dec 29, 2017
885 posts
906 upvotes
Ontario
tellmehow wrote: Many people myself included didn't realize that it was a one-time use offer. So if you already bought something and got the 20x points, you won't get it on your subsequent purchases.
It showed up fine yesterday in checkout but I didn't place the order; this morning no points were showing at all in checkout.
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2009
1239 posts
4979 upvotes
Van Isle
Thx for the heads up OP. Was able to get an OLED in-store and flipped it 2 hours later for $480. A nice net of $109 in groceries for very little effort.
Militant Atheist....There's no goddamn god goddamn it
Apr 4, 2017
246 posts
160 upvotes
THE 6IX
Is it worth it to get mario party and metrics dread or nah?
WE THE NORTH!
Jul 29, 2016
370 posts
97 upvotes
When do the points show up on my account? Bought yesterday online.
Aug 5, 2009
464 posts
70 upvotes
Vancouver
I checked out with zero points last night. Called into customer service and they say they have to manually add the points onto my account. Is this normal? It's my first time participating in this 20x event. Initially they said that I have to be a PC financial holder but later they find out I don't need to be.
Mar 21, 2012
611 posts
561 upvotes
Edmonton
ChrizArtz wrote: Is it worth it to get mario party and metrics dread or nah?
Metroid dread is totally worth it, especially if you liked the old school side scrolling ones.
Dec 18, 2019
375 posts
271 upvotes
Calgary
imawnms wrote: When do the points show up on my account? Bought yesterday online.
I had points added to my account immediately, right after the purchase. Waiting on the extra 5k points for using my PC Financial MasterCard now.
In Heavy Metal We Trust

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)