Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Shoppers Drug Mart

2x Switch Pro Controllers

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 9th, 2021 1:16 am
May 3, 2018
352 posts
603 upvotes
no time machine, but it was on sale everywhere for $49 on Black Friday 2019
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2012
3454 posts
3971 upvotes
Surrey
rockxxxlee wrote: no time machine, but it was on sale everywhere for $49 on Black Friday 2019
I still regret not buying it and buying an extra pair of joy cons that were on sale instead 🤦🏽‍♂️
Aug 31, 2005
643 posts
176 upvotes
Hmm.. was planning on buying a set of joy cons during points redemption. Am I better off getting a Pro controller (official one). I bought one from Amazon (it was well reviewed on CNET and another site, cant remember), but no one likes it. Currently have 2 joycons (came with the unit) and the fake-pro-controller, but it's not functional for a family of 4!
Dec 12, 2019
979 posts
702 upvotes
Where do you see $50 off? Is that point or discount?
Edit: I assume 50000 points for the deal. At the checkout,

“Earn 52,685 PC Optimum Points on this order when you sign in.”

Can you clarify it is about earning 50000 PC points rather than $50 off. It could be confusing.
Deal Addict
Aug 12, 2004
2820 posts
1196 upvotes
lleb13 wrote: Regarding the joycon issues.. if it’s the drifting analogue stick Nintendo fixes those for free and pays the expedited shipping both ways. Even if your switch is out of warranty.

I was very impressed by the turn around time.
Whattt! Never knew this my son complains daily about this and I keep trying to clean with qtips and rubbing alcohol.

What is best way to submit case for this issue is there live chat?
Deal Addict
Apr 22, 2014
4237 posts
1821 upvotes
, ON
iamdman wrote: Whattt! Never knew this my son complains daily about this and I keep trying to clean with qtips and rubbing alcohol.

What is best way to submit case for this issue is there live chat?
What is drifting issue?
Deal Fanatic
Dec 26, 2014
8678 posts
10293 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
rems wrote: Yes but he said they don't get discounted ever which they have. Even PSP at the Source has them discounted currently
PSP at the Source is irrelevant in regards to things actually being on sale to the general public.

The net effect of these costing ~$66 each pre-tax is better than anything but literally one sale 2.5 years ago.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 26, 2014
8678 posts
10293 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
crazychick wrote: Hmm.. was planning on buying a set of joy cons during points redemption. Am I better off getting a Pro controller (official one). I bought one from Amazon (it was well reviewed on CNET and another site, cant remember), but no one likes it. Currently have 2 joycons (came with the unit) and the fake-pro-controller, but it's not functional for a family of 4!
To me there's no reason to play using the Joy-Cons unless you have to. The Pro Controller is just so much better in every aspect and I wish I could even play my PS4 games with it.

Hell I actually bought one of those mounts that attaches to the controller that you can clamp your Switch into when I don't want to play it on the TV. Way more comfortable than holding the unit with the Joy-Cons attached.
Deal Addict
Aug 12, 2004
2820 posts
1196 upvotes
anotherbargainhunter wrote: What is drifting issue?
Essentially, Joy-Con drift is when actions in your game on-screen are occurring even when you aren’t moving the thumbsticks of the Joy-Con you’re using. For instance, if you’re playing Splatoon 2 and your Inkling is walking around by themselves without you inputting those actions on the controller, you’re likely experiencing this problem.
Aug 31, 2005
643 posts
176 upvotes
chemicalxv wrote: To me there's no reason to play using the Joy-Cons unless you have to. The Pro Controller is just so much better in every aspect and I wish I could even play my PS4 games with it.

Hell I actually bought one of those mounts that attaches to the controller that you can clamp your Switch into when I don't want to play it on the TV. Way more comfortable than holding the unit with the Joy-Cons attached.
Thanks for that info. I suppose it's TRUE for only the official controller?
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2017
1324 posts
1277 upvotes
Costco has these for $40 two years ago
Nov 23, 2017
45 posts
42 upvotes
discostupid wrote: I ordered 2 Switch Pro controllers at $89.99 each. These don't get discounted ever. Edit: these are discounted *rarely*

SDM had $50 off $150 last weekend and it's back until tomorrow. Free shipping over $49.

Final total is $179.98 + $23.40 (13%) HST = $203.38 - 52685 points = $150.70 for 2 = $75.35 per controller / 1.13 = $66.68 pre-tax price per controller

Fed up with joycon issues that are even pricier ($99.99), decent discount for the Switch Pro controllers. Some used ones can be found cheaper on Kijiji if you just want one, but for brand new it's a hot deal IMO.
Pro Controllers, as well as Sony's and Microsoft's controllers, are susceptible to the same drift issues caused by physical wear as well since they all source the same component for their sticks. Alps, the company that makes the part owns the patent for clickable sticks, so it's unlikely these console makers would go for an alternative. From my own experience, my DS4 and Pro Controller are drifting. On the other hand, Nintendo has been repairing Joycons with drift issues free of charge.
Jul 14, 2008
377 posts
985 upvotes
Nintendo has been pretty good about replacing the joycon. We've sent in 3 pairs in the past 12 months. they just replaced them with new ones
Nov 30, 2019
549 posts
504 upvotes
Can someone confirm, with respect to optimum points are those redeemable at the time of purchase, or is this one spends 150$ to bank 50k points (aka 50$ worth) for a later purchase?

Cheers
Sep 2, 2013
242 posts
37 upvotes
Vancouver
hassy wrote: Nintendo has been pretty good about replacing the joycon. We've sent in 3 pairs in the past 12 months. they just replaced them with new ones
You got the replacement with the same color as the originals?

I bought pink (left) and green (right) joycons for my daughter. They both had drifting issues.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 26, 2014
8678 posts
10293 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
And the fundamental problem with Nintendo just "replacing" Joy-Cons is that it makes having the special edition ones pointless.

Like if you get the Skyward Sword ones and two years from now they need to be fixed you're legitimately better off actually paying for them to be fixed rather than being replaced for free.

Also 3 pairs in 12 months is ridiculous.
Nov 30, 2019
549 posts
504 upvotes
roccerfeller wrote: Can someone confirm, with respect to optimum points are those redeemable at the time of purchase, or is this one spends 150$ to bank 50k points (aka 50$ worth) for a later purchase?

Cheers
Found the answer to my own question...

Sorry I’m new to PC pts

But basically can’t redeem for sale purchase. So for this you’re buying 2 pro controllers at regular price but can redeem 50$ for a third controller in the future, or a ps5 controller or series x controller, or a game

Pretty solid still, especially if one is in the market for any of the above
Jan 28, 2006
463 posts
254 upvotes
Brampton
Bought 4 Thanks Op.
Time to save up again so I can afford a Switch.
Deal Fanatic
May 11, 2008
9545 posts
960 upvotes
chemicalxv wrote: PSP at the Source is irrelevant in regards to things actually being on sale to the general public.

The net effect of these costing ~$66 each pre-tax is better than anything but literally one sale 2.5 years ago.
Again I didn't say this wasn't a good deal. But OP said it never goes on sale which isn't true. I posted 2 threads but there are others.