Expired Hot Deals

Shoppers Drug Mart

40% Back In Points Feb 8th (YMMV)

  • Last Updated:
  • Feb 8th, 2021 4:33 pm
[OP]
Jr. Member
Jan 9, 2013
139 posts
345 upvotes
White City

[Shoppers Drug Mart] 40% Back In Points Feb 8th (YMMV)

Monday Feb 8th

Redeem 50,000 or more points and receive 40% back in points.

I'm located in Western Canada. From previous experience, this is usually a targeted offer. Check your PC Optimum app to see if it's available for you for Monday Feb 8th.

From past experience, there is a max of 200,000 points that you can earn from the transaction.

20210207_093401.jpg
17 replies
Deal Fanatic
Feb 11, 2005
7166 posts
1817 upvotes
BC
Don't have that on my account so must be a targeted offer.
Jr. Member
Jun 19, 2018
138 posts
66 upvotes
So if I spend 100k in points, I’ll get 40k in points back? Is this similar to the points redemption deal that occurs around Black Friday?
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Jun 13, 2010
5135 posts
5999 upvotes
GTA
prifx7 wrote: So if I spend 100k in points, I’ll get 40k in points back? Is this similar to the points redemption deal that occurs around Black Friday?
This is a personal offer so you must have it in your list of offers or you can't get it. Very few people will actually have this offer available.
Member
Dec 25, 2006
302 posts
91 upvotes
Thanks op. I got the offer and have been waiting for it. Any sightings of the elusive ps5?
[OP]
Jr. Member
Jan 9, 2013
139 posts
345 upvotes
White City
prifx7 wrote: So if I spend 100k in points, I’ll get 40k in points back? Is this similar to the points redemption deal that occurs around Black Friday?

Yes that is how it works if you have the offer on your app.

Normal point redemption days or black Friday point redemption days require a fixed amount of points to get the points back. E.g. redeem 250,000 for up to $400 in value. Here you can redeem points and get a 40% back. E.g. redeem 175,000 and get 70,000 points back in your balance. Hopefully this explains the differences between the two.
Jr. Member
Jun 19, 2018
138 posts
66 upvotes
tew wrote: This is a personal offer so you must have it in your list of offers or you can't get it. Very few people will actually have this offer available.
That answers neither of my questions. I have the targeted offer.
Jr. Member
Jun 19, 2018
138 posts
66 upvotes
Petford wrote: Yes that is how it works if you have the offer on your app.

Normal point redemption days or black Friday point redemption days require a fixed amount of points to get the points back. E.g. redeem 250,000 for up to $400 in value. Here you can redeem points and get a 40% back. E.g. redeem 175,000 and get 70,000 points back in your balance. Hopefully this explains the differences between the two.
Thanks! That’s very helpful!
[OP]
Jr. Member
Jan 9, 2013
139 posts
345 upvotes
White City
kingsha wrote: Thanks op. I got the offer and have been waiting for it. Any sightings of the elusive ps5?
I haven't seen anything in store. I would assume it's going to be a long wait before you can find a PS5 in store and match it with a points back, points redemption or 20x points day.
Jr. Member
Sep 4, 2013
148 posts
163 upvotes
Toronto
Petford wrote: I haven't seen anything in store. I would assume it's going to be a long wait before you can find a PS5 in store and match it with a points back, points redemption or 20x points day.
Agreed. A few weeks ago I saw a number of people getting ps5s in stores but nothing recently.

Patiently waiting to get the 40% back (didn’t get it this time) and be able to get one in store or online. 🤞
Member
Feb 4, 2017
414 posts
423 upvotes
Calgary
kingsha wrote: Thanks op. I got the offer and have been waiting for it. Any sightings of the elusive ps5?
I ended up with the 20* points this Friday and my Shoppers luckily had 2 shipped when I called!

Generally in my area, clerks have mentioned they get around one shipment every week with 1 or 2 consoles but the delivery day and time varies.
Images
  • Screenshot_20210207-110808_PC Optimum.jpg
Jr. Member
Sep 5, 2017
192 posts
203 upvotes
Halifax
Thanks for the reminder! Got the offer will see if a PS5 stocks tomorrow. If not Ill go for the Bose 700s. Thanks!
Member
Dec 5, 2012
261 posts
334 upvotes
Toronto
woohoo I got the offer.

now what do I use it for since I already have a PS5 lol.
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2012
2374 posts
2488 upvotes
Surrey
I don’t think I’ve ever received this offer. I always get the 20x offer tho.
[OP]
Jr. Member
Jan 9, 2013
139 posts
345 upvotes
White City
sellurcell wrote: woohoo I got the offer.

now what do I use it for since I already have a PS5 lol.

Extra controller, games, milk and pretty much anything else that's on sale or clearance (cereal, bread, deodorant, toothpaste).
Sr. Member
Dec 4, 2013
722 posts
309 upvotes
Mississauga
It's a targeted offer. I had it last month. I guess it's the most % back you'll get off all the offers they do.
Deal Addict
Feb 22, 2009
3413 posts
3336 upvotes
Whitby
Stock up. Next gen ps5 games are coming!!!

Top

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)