Locked: 40% back in points (ymmv)

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 7th, 2022 3:39 pm
[OP]
May 28, 2021
21 posts
50 upvotes
Toronto

[Shoppers Drug Mart] 40% back in points (ymmv)

First time posting

Got a notification for 40% back in points at shoppers drug mart

July 6 only!
Images
  • 6DF4B6D7-9B7A-4E4A-990C-0446B8DCC9C3.png
Share:
42 replies
Mar 16, 2007
281 posts
125 upvotes
I was hoping to get that offer soon to buy a few expensive items, but unfortunately, I don’t have it. :( Thank you anyway for pointing it out for us to check and make sure we don’t miss it!
Deal Fanatic
Feb 11, 2005
7180 posts
1858 upvotes
BC
I got a 30% back in points, don't think I've seen that before.
Feb 23, 2012
55 posts
73 upvotes
BC
I also got the 30% back off in my app. Also have not seen this before.
Jul 31, 2021
60 posts
17 upvotes
I had a 30% but it was yesterday, too lazy to work out if it is better than the usual bonus redemption days.
Plus I still cannot find anywhere nearby me that has PS5 in stock, at this rate I might hit the lottery sooner.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 29, 2008
7548 posts
4152 upvotes
Montreal
Went to my offers because of this post and found a 5,000 points for any purchase in store at Sdm offer

Seems like they want me to go back in store
Deal Fanatic
Apr 10, 2011
9726 posts
17898 upvotes
Montreal
rudel1 wrote: I was hoping to get that offer soon to buy a few expensive items, but unfortunately, I don’t have it. :( Thank you anyway for pointing it out for us to check and make sure we don’t miss it!
If you are a President's Choice Optimum (PCO) member, you are supposed to check your offers everyday. This is a targeted offer. It's pointless to open a thread in the Hot Deals forum every time someone gets one because not every one get the same offers at the same time. It's like if I would open a thread everyday in the Hot Deals forum saying "Go check your PCO offers".

PCO Shopper's Drug Mart offers appear in your account the day before. So if you don't want to check your offers every day, check at least on Sunday, Tuesday and Thursday which are the most likely days you could get one.

On the other days, it's unlikely that you would get an offer because there are other promotions going on like the Tuesday SMS message offer, the Thursday Seniors Day or on the weekends (Friday + Saturday + Sunday) it's either a 20X the points event or a bonus redemption event.
Aug 16, 2005
51 posts
68 upvotes
Toronto
Temporel wrote: If you are a President's Choice Optimum (PCO) member, you are supposed to check your offers everyday. This is a targeted offer. It's pointless to open a thread in the Hot Deals forum every time someone gets one because not every one get the same offers at the same time. It's like if I would open a thread everyday in the Hot Deals forum saying "Go check your PCO offers".

PCO Shopper's Drug Mart offers appear in your account the day before. So if you don't want to check your offers every day, check at least on Sunday, Tuesday and Thursday which are the most likely days you could get one.

On the other days, it's unlikely that you would get an offer because there are other promotions going on like the Tuesday SMS message offer, the Thursday Seniors Day or on the weekends (Friday + Saturday + Sunday) it's either a 20X the points event or a bonus redemption event.
Or, and hear me out here, you could read the thread title, and with your seemingly vast understanding not click the thread and write a diatribe.

There are lots who appreciate these threads.
Deal Addict
May 3, 2008
2397 posts
1571 upvotes
Markham
in store only....
Deal Fanatic
Jun 13, 2010
5341 posts
6405 upvotes
GTA
Tdotter wrote: Or, and hear me out here, you could read the thread title, and with your seemingly vast understanding not click the thread and write a diatribe.

There are lots who appreciate these threads.
Why? They are of no real use to anyone, you can't use this offer only the OP can. If this type of thread becomes really popular the real deals people can actually get will get buried it a sea of personal offer threads constantly being bumped to the top by people replying with the offer they got or the fact that they didn't get the offer in the OP.
Jun 3, 2020
12 posts
15 upvotes
This post made me check my app when I normally wouldn't and look at that I have the same offer OP did. The thread was useful for me
Deal Fanatic
Dec 30, 2006
5669 posts
986 upvotes
Surprisingly got this but not enough points this year. Trying to save enough points for airwrap for the wife but didnt do any big purchases this year to get points. Previous years did, but not this one.
Deal Addict
Jul 28, 2007
1107 posts
1890 upvotes
Calgary
tew wrote: Why? They are of no real use to anyone, you can't use this offer only the OP can. If this type of thread becomes really popular the real deals people can actually get will get buried it a sea of personal offer threads constantly being bumped to the top by people replying with the offer they got or the fact that they didn't get the offer in the OP.
I think they’re useful because they can remind you to check your offers when you might otherwise have not. I don’t check my offers every day.
Sep 2, 2003
946 posts
283 upvotes
GTA
Temporel wrote: If you are a President's Choice Optimum (PCO) member, you are supposed to check your offers everyday. This is a targeted offer. It's pointless to open a thread in the Hot Deals forum every time someone gets one because not every one get the same offers at the same time. It's like if I would open a thread everyday in the Hot Deals forum saying "Go check your PCO offers".

Who do you think you are, coming here being all honest, telling people how thing are, this common sense business does not work for me, Lmao
Jul 6, 2020
295 posts
1125 upvotes
Checked my account and I have this offer. Thanks for the heads up OP :)
Sep 2, 2003
946 posts
283 upvotes
GTA
Dunderhead wrote: I think they’re useful because they can remind you to check your offers when you might otherwise have not. I don’t check my offers every day.
But "we" check RFD everyday... personal responsibility no? I'm not arguing just saying its not a hot deal and should not be in this forum, maybe in the general, I'm not going to down vote but def not going to up vote

This like saying I did a "number 2" and wiped afterwords and saw a corn kernel (YMMV)
Jun 7, 2009
276 posts
425 upvotes
Toronto
Had this 40% offer on Monday. Usually, there's a 500,000 pts limit on redemption ($500), but didn't see that in the small print this time.

To summarize the 40% vs Bonus Redemption: the 40% is a better offer IF you have the points sitting around. For $300 worth of stuff you get 120k points back (so net 180k points spent). On Bonus Redemption it's 200k points spent.
Deal Addict
Feb 22, 2009
3506 posts
3456 upvotes
Whitby
don't have it. but thanks for posting.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 10, 2011
9726 posts
17898 upvotes
Montreal
Dunderhead wrote: (...) I don’t check my offers every day.
Too bad you don't check your offers everyday (or at least on the days I described above) because you get the 40% back in points offer in your account quite frequently but you don't see it. It only lasts 24 hours then it disappears from your account. Imagine how many times you lost the opportunity to redeem your points at the best bonus possible. Sad. :-(

I'll make sure to open a new thread tomorrow in the Hod Deals forum to remind you to go check your PCO offers in case you forget. :)
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2014
1707 posts
5610 upvotes
Calgary, AB
tew wrote: Why? They are of no real use to anyone, you can't use this offer only the OP can. If this type of thread becomes really popular the real deals people can actually get will get buried it a sea of personal offer threads constantly being bumped to the top by people replying with the offer they got or the fact that they didn't get the offer in the OP.
This is subjective though. 95% of the deals I see under Hot Deals I actually can't or won't get and they contribute to forcing deals I do want to get buried. The forum has filters, sort and search functions to help people sift through the deals that apply to them.

For me personally, this post appeals every time because I don't check my PCO offers every day. Therefore I clicked the thread to read on. The deals on breast pumps I can't use, so I don't click on them.