• Last Updated:
  • Jun 24th, 2019 11:58 pm
[OP]
Dec 15, 2012
238 posts
125 upvotes
Toronto

[Shoppers Drug Mart] 5000 optimum points for making pharmacy account

Just got an email saying get 5000 points for signing up for the pharmacy account

Seems like you need a prescription from them before to upgrade your account to get the 5000 points

Fine print on the webpage

*Pharmacy accounts online are not available in NL, PEI, QC, or YT. The PC Optimum offer is not available to AB customers. Offer valid from June 23 - June 27. Points will be awarded within 21 days after offer period end date. Offer not available to existing online Pharmacy account holders. Must be a PC Optimum member and meet all other eligibility requirements set out in the Shoppers Drug Mart Pharmacy Terms and Conditions for Use. Limit one offer per person.
Last edited by misterlamed on Jun 23rd, 2019 12:42 pm, edited 3 times in total.
33 replies
Deal Addict
Oct 18, 2014
2090 posts
1522 upvotes
Oakville, ON
Just sign up or need a previous or upcoming prescription?
May 23, 2017
334 posts
145 upvotes
mrfrugal83 wrote:
Jun 23rd, 2019 12:07 pm
I didn't get the email but I don't think you would have to fill a prescription--in Ontario it's not allowed to give out rewards for medications (which is why you can't get optimum points/airmiles etc. for meds in Ontario but you can in some other provinces). So I guess Shoppers found they can circumvent this rule by giving out points for creating a pharmacy account, but they shouldn't be able to make it mandatory that you fill a prescription. (Otherwise I'm pretty sure they would get in trouble with the college of pharmacy...)
Jul 26, 2018
394 posts
398 upvotes
Canada, eh?
Too bad their dumb IAM system gets confused when I try to upgrade my account using an existing PC ID (from PC Optimum website).
Sep 10, 2017
114 posts
99 upvotes
From the website:
*Pharmacy accounts online are not available in NL, PEI, QC, or YT. The PC Optimum offer is not available to AB customers. Offer valid from June 23 - June 27. Points will be awarded within 21 days after offer period end date. Offer not available to existing online Pharmacy account holders. Must be a PC Optimum member and meet all other eligibility requirements set out in the Shoppers Drug Mart Pharmacy Terms and Conditions for Use. Limit one offer per person.
Deal Addict
Mar 31, 2007
4174 posts
1189 upvotes
Don't you typically pay more for your prescriptions at places like Shoppers vs say Costco, Walmart, or Superstore, so that kind of negates the points?
:arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd:
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2008
2285 posts
504 upvotes
Belle River
mrfrugal83 wrote:
Jun 23rd, 2019 12:07 pm
I'm pretty sure last time someone posted this it was determined you need a prescription. I wonder if people who made accounts last time but didn't have a prescription to complete the offer are now ineligible due to not being a new account.
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2007
2210 posts
1445 upvotes
No Bum Deals
RiCHC3 wrote:
Jun 23rd, 2019 12:47 pm
Don't you typically pay more for your prescriptions at places like Shoppers vs say Costco, Walmart, or Superstore, so that kind of negates the points?
Pretty much the same for the small amount of stuff I got.
🢂 2x Koodo 35/5 [both FREE] | 1x Koodo 40/6 [paying $15] | 1x Fido Data 15/3 [FREE - Free GPad] 🢀
Deal Addict
Mar 29, 2012
1253 posts
235 upvotes
Vancouver
RiCHC3 wrote:
Jun 23rd, 2019 12:47 pm
It's all the same except for maybe costco, which you need a membership. At least in BC. Costco has cheap generic medication I could use but not worth the membership fee for me.
Feb 17, 2009
561 posts
40 upvotes
Hamilton
I upgraded my optimum account and added a prescription. It gave no indication that I was going to get the points... we'll see if it works I guess.
Deal Guru
Jan 30, 2006
10000 posts
1066 upvotes
Vancouver
Pharmacy was 8K a month ago. Still waiting for the bonus. :(
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2007
2210 posts
1445 upvotes
No Bum Deals
trellaine201 wrote:
Jun 23rd, 2019 1:55 pm
Pharmacy was 8K a month ago. Still waiting for the bonus. :(
We got ours a couple of weeks ago. Maybe worth chasing up.
🢂 2x Koodo 35/5 [both FREE] | 1x Koodo 40/6 [paying $15] | 1x Fido Data 15/3 [FREE - Free GPad] 🢀
Aug 19, 2018
838 posts
795 upvotes
SquirreI wrote:
Jun 23rd, 2019 1:13 pm
It's all the same except for maybe costco, which you need a membership. At least in BC. Costco has cheap generic medication I could use but not worth the membership fee for me.
Just so you know Costco in Canada allow access to pharmacy without membership card in general. There might be individual store where they will try to turn you down but by Canada law they are not allowed to operate a membership only pharmacy.
Deal Addict
Mar 29, 2012
1253 posts
235 upvotes
Vancouver
Cucumference wrote:
Jun 23rd, 2019 6:57 pm
Just so you know Costco in Canada allow access to pharmacy without membership card in general. There might be individual store where they will try to turn you down but by Canada law they are not allowed to operate a membership only pharmacy.
Oh I didn't know, but the generic medicine I need isn't prescription.