Expired Hot Deals

[Shoppers Drug Mart] 8000 PC Optimum points FREE for creating a pharmacy account online

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 26th, 2019 12:39 pm
Jun 3, 2007
501 posts
115 upvotes
Scarborough
Can't verify online. thanks anyway
Deal Guru
May 29, 2006
10013 posts
2630 upvotes
royaljatt wrote: No love for AB :(
that's cause the government here banned points and promos from prescription orders. you used to be able to earn a ton of airmiles on drugs
Apr 7, 2019
125 posts
91 upvotes
Thanks OP. Between this and aisles of glory I’ll definitely be enjoying some free ice cream.
Deal Addict
Sep 14, 2015
1409 posts
850 upvotes
Mont-Royal, QC
Pharmacy accounts online are not available in NL, PEI, QC, or YT.
So, no QC
Mar 15, 2013
516 posts
261 upvotes
Fredericton
I have my daughters puffer that has the sticker on it and can find the store number but not the prescription number. Anyone have a pic of location? I tri d two numbers.
Dec 29, 2010
137 posts
82 upvotes
rocking23nf wrote: that's cause the government here banned points and promos from prescription orders. you used to be able to earn a ton of airmiles on drugs
Same in QC btw. Cannot associate loyalty points / rebates / promos with drugs, directly or indirectly. Provincial college of pharmacy has outlawed this for a long time here. The thinking is that anything that might be perceived as 'encouraging' drug consumption is morally and professionnally unethical. This is true for prescription drugs, of course, but to an extent there is even restrictions on OTC meds. Eg.: In Quebec, you do not get ANY Optimum points (or other loyalty in competitors' chains and banners) for OTC drugs that can only be sold in a pharmacy.
Deal Addict
Oct 1, 2011
1206 posts
1721 upvotes
nick182 wrote: In Quebec, you do not get ANY Optimum points (or other loyalty in competitors' chains and banners) for OTC drugs that can only be sold in a pharmacy.
Also doesn't work on Clean & Clear (acne medication) and certain deodorants/antiperspirant.
Cannot earn or redeem. Have to go to Ontario for Clean & Clear.
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2017
1251 posts
1194 upvotes
Call ‭1 (800) 746-7737‬ to verify takes less than a minute
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2009
2118 posts
1238 upvotes
North Vancouver
trellaine201 wrote: Now waiting on the 50k points for pcinsiders and 8k for prescription sign up.
And also this tomorrow:

"20x the points when you spend $50 or more in-store, that's 30% in points!" (from https://www.pcoptimum.ca/offers)
Frisbeetarianism is the belief that when you die, your soul goes up on the roof and gets stuck. (George Carlin)
Guns don't kill people, people kill people. And monkeys do too - if they have a gun. (Eddie Izzard)
Deal Addict
Mar 17, 2006
4398 posts
2411 upvotes
Omakase wrote: Call ‭1 (800) 746-7737‬ to verify takes less than a minute
I have that message in my account as well, will you still get the 8k points though as you didn’t do it online?
CPU: Intel i7-7700K @4.5GHz | GPU: GeForce GTX 1080 | RAM: ADATA XPG DDR4 3000MHz 24GB | SSD: WD Black 512GB NVMe | Mobo: ASUS STRIX Z270E | Case: COUGAR PANZER | Cooler: CORSAIR Hydro Series H110 |Monitor: 2 x HP 27es 27" IPS LCD
Deal Addict
Feb 7, 2010
1621 posts
319 upvotes
Toronto
It needs prescription # to continue with account verification.
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2017
1251 posts
1194 upvotes
Sejad wrote: I have that message in my account as well, will you still get the 8k points though as you didn’t do it online?
After they verify by phone. I went online and a screen prompts you to enter your optimum number to receive the 8000pts by June 11
Deal Addict
Jun 15, 2013
1645 posts
830 upvotes
Halifax, NS
Omakase wrote: Call ‭1 (800) 746-7737‬ to verify takes less than a minute
Just phoned, and the CSR wouldn't verify without a prescription number.

i have a doctor's appt in two weeks so any prescription i get (i usually refill at loblaws to be honest) would be outside the promo window for this.

but the CSR told me that i can verify in-person without a prescription at a shoppers store in-person. so... we'll see....
Jan 22, 2017
57 posts
23 upvotes
AB
rocking23nf wrote:
that's cause the government here banned points and promos from prescription orders. you used to be able to earn a ton of airmiles on drugs
nick182 wrote:
Same in QC btw. Cannot associate loyalty points / rebates / promos with drugs, directly or indirectly. Provincial college of pharmacy has outlawed this for a long time here. The thinking is that anything that might be perceived as 'encouraging' drug consumption is morally and professionnally unethical. This is true for prescription drugs, of course, but to an extent there is even restrictions on OTC meds. Eg.: In Quebec, you do not get ANY Optimum points (or other loyalty in competitors' chains and banners) for OTC drugs that can only be sold in a pharmacy.
Good info to know about AB and QC. I wish PC Optimum would stop sending me this pharmacy offer every month when I can't apply - it just serves to annoy me.
I thought our offers were supposed to be customized, can't they see I live in AB based on my address?!