Advil 12 Hour - 16 Pack - Free with coupon YMMV

[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 29, 2006
3159 posts
226 upvotes
Newmarket

[Shoppers Drug Mart] Advil 12 Hour - 16 Pack - Free with coupon YMMV

I just came home from Shoppers and missed this deal myself. They had Advil 12 Hour on sale for $2.99 for the 16 pack. I believe its down from $9.99. In any case from Advil's site there is a $3 off coupon: https://www.advil.ca/print/3971

I'm not sure if all Shopper's have this item on sale or not. I also forgot to check how long the sale was on for!
Click Here to check my HOFO Feedback
Ebay Feedback
16 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 6, 2015
2860 posts
783 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I find shoppers to be stingy on coupons. They rarely take online printed coupons.
Penalty Box
Jun 1, 2016
1553 posts
3974 upvotes
Thread is a repost but the search on RFD is so broken I can't find the original thread.

Nonetheless, sale ends today at SDM for the $2.99, they accept the coupon but make sure the website link is on it.

It NOT free, you must pay tax, rounded to $0.40
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 29, 2006
3159 posts
226 upvotes
Newmarket
DeltaSingh wrote: Thread is a repost but the search on RFD is so broken I can't find the original thread.

Nonetheless, sale ends today at SDM for the $2.99, they accept the coupon but make sure the website link is on it.

It NOT free, you must pay tax, rounded to $0.40
Sorry! I couldn't find it via search as you mentioned
Click Here to check my HOFO Feedback
Ebay Feedback
May 13, 2015
398 posts
266 upvotes
Sarnia
I bought 4 at 4 separate times...I would add a pack of gum or something but no problems each time. BOL Thanks..... ORIGINAL OP!
Dec 21, 2012
627 posts
158 upvotes
San Diego
foodyforlife wrote: I find shoppers to be stingy on coupons. They rarely take online printed coupons.
Not true always. I used two Dove body wash coupon yesterday. It depends on the legitimacy of the coupon.
Deal Addict
Oct 22, 2014
3532 posts
1460 upvotes
Toronto
which shoppers have this sale?
Aug 26, 2014
191 posts
161 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
Just checked my local shoppers, I'm in the west and this deal is not available here, I saw those for 8.99 at my SDM.

**My Bad found them in the flyer haha, but both the shoppers i went to did rip down the sales price on them but they did scan at 2.99. Thanks
Last edited by Fluke3355 on Sep 9th, 2016 10:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Feb 17, 2015
69 posts
36 upvotes
Calgary, AB
SDM as usual is YMMV on coupon acceptance. In Calgary, it's on 2.99 but some stores declined the coupon.

Following branches declined the coupon:
Uxbridge Dr NW opposite the foothills hospital
16 ave NW
Crowfoot Terrance

Don't bother with these 3 stores. I've heard some luck from others along SDM in NE and SE Calgary.
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2011
4015 posts
10872 upvotes
>er YEG pi-r-sq'd
Fluke3355 wrote: Just checked my local shoppers, I'm in the west and this deal is not available here, I saw those for 8.99 at my SDM
I checked the SDM flyer for Winnipeg and it's in there on the first main large page.

If your SDM has a price checker in the store, check to see what it scans at. If it comes up $8.99, you can SCOP it for free.

The SDM I went to had plenty of stock but did not have the sale price listed. Checked the scanner and $2.99. With the coupon, came to $0.15 here in AB.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 12, 2009
5248 posts
2791 upvotes
Toronto
My local Shoppers was up to their usual games. The shelf was empty. They had stock in the "basement" but said they did not have the sticker for the shelf. So we got one that they retrieved from the basement and a raincheck for 4 more at sale price. A result of 2 people finally trying to handle customer service after being paged for 10 minutes. The first went to get the item and then the second showed up to issue a rain cheque.

I can almost guarantee that if I go in next week, the shelf will be fully stocked with the regular price sticker back up. That seems to be the norm for this store. They order extra stock during sale prices, don't restock the shelves during the sale, then restock the shelf after the sale is over. If you want to know what is a good price in this store, you simply walk around look for the empty spaces, then go to a different location to buy.
Feb 3, 2009
389 posts
192 upvotes
Fergus, ON
My wife's coupon haul since yesterday.
Approx $9 for everything
Takes a bit of time to get the coupons with different accounts, and to track down the sales at the specific time, but it's definitely worth it.
If we get something cheap/free that we don't eat, we just give it away to friends that will or donate to the local food bank.
Images
  • image.jpeg
Deal Addict
Mar 26, 2011
2609 posts
680 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I guess Advil trying to regain its customer base after that recall.
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2007
3040 posts
3006 upvotes
They've updated the coupon to say that it's not valid on 16 packs. Does anyone have a copy of the old coupon?