Travel

Shoppers Drug Mart Antigen Screening

  • Last Updated:
  • Aug 5th, 2021 2:34 pm
[OP]
Newbie
Aug 3, 2021
1 posts

Shoppers Drug Mart Antigen Screening

Does anyone know if this test is sufficient for air travel to the US? We are flying Air Canada. It appears to be $40 on their website!
5 replies
Newbie
Jan 16, 2012
20 posts
9 upvotes
Anyone has experience in using this $40 Rapid Antigen Screening for flying from Canada to UK by Air Canada?
Newbie
Jun 8, 2019
55 posts
46 upvotes
Mississauga, Ontario
fatchicken wrote: Anyone has experience in using this $40 Rapid Antigen Screening for flying from Canada to UK by Air Canada?
I don't believe the UK accepts antigen tests for inbound flights. The US is somewhat unique in accepting the antigen test - most other countries require PCR tests, which are more costly (and more accurate). Check specific requirements for flying to the UK - they likely will be PCR required. Air Canada's website is a good starting point.
Sr. Member
Jan 30, 2013
926 posts
210 upvotes
RICHMOND HILL
tman74 wrote: I don't believe the UK accepts antigen tests for inbound flights. The US is somewhat unique in accepting the antigen test - most other countries require PCR tests, which are more costly (and more accurate). Check specific requirements for flying to the UK - they likely will be PCR required. Air Canada's website is a good starting point.
going there antigen is fine. However you'll have to show that you paid for a day 2 and 8 after arrival pcr tests before your quarantine ends in 10 days.
Coming back to Canada though you'll have to do a more expensive pre-flight pcr or lamp test.
Newbie
Jun 8, 2019
55 posts
46 upvotes
Mississauga, Ontario
goldenball wrote: going there antigen is fine. However you'll have to show that you paid for a day 2 and 8 after arrival pcr tests before your quarantine ends in 10 days.
Coming back to Canada though you'll have to do a more expensive pre-flight pcr or lamp test.
My mistake...goldenball is correct on the UK. They do accept antigen.

Top