Expired Hot Deals

Shoppers Drug Mart

Apple TV 4K 32GB (2nd Generation) ($161 After Points Earned) (Plus 5K Extra Points w/ PC Financial)

  • Last Updated:
  • Jan 24th, 2022 12:10 am
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2008
1218 posts
442 upvotes
lowester wrote: I am in Quebec, I have to purhcase from pharmaprix.ca. It is separate from Shopper smart drugs website. And I need a promotion code to apply the 20X points promotion.

Does anyone have the promo code in your guys email? please post here.

Quebecers thank in advance.

Best regards,
There's no choice to enter. Just make sure you're logged in with your pc optimum ID and it'll show up.
Deal Guru
Oct 7, 2010
12234 posts
3420 upvotes
It’s pretty solid deal if one really need one at that time. I would rather buy stuff I actually need for 20X then get this for near free with points.
Deal Addict
Oct 23, 2017
2466 posts
2002 upvotes
GTA West
DealHunterCanad wrote: I'm logged in with my PC Optimum account but somehow I don't get the bonus points to work. Anything I missed to make this 20x points offer work?
It shows up when you go to the checkout page. Working for me this morning.
Newbie
User avatar
Nov 21, 2018
88 posts
64 upvotes
Markham
Trying to get this to work, and I don't see the 20x in my checkout?

EDIT:

NVM there is a banner under the header telling you to activate 20x points expiring January 23.
Last edited by leif20 on Jan 22nd, 2022 12:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sr. Member
User avatar
Dec 29, 2017
885 posts
905 upvotes
Ontario
YasirAli wrote: If you pay through points, will you still get 20x?
YasirAli wrote: You won’t.
Dealbreaker for me, I have so many points to use, don’t need more. Got a ATV 4K 64GB with the Apple $70 GC Black Friday promo. Need another one eventually, enjoying the new remote more than the previous gen. Still an upvote from me, better than nothing if you need one (points can be used for gas now).
Jr. Member
Nov 7, 2010
129 posts
57 upvotes
This deal is great but if you already have the first gen 4k apple t.v then it's not worth the update. Just wait for the 3rd gen.
Newbie
Jan 21, 2022
10 posts
2 upvotes
Decent deal but going to wait for the 3rd gen
Deal Addict
User avatar
Nov 15, 2013
2596 posts
3389 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Apple tv is very restrictive compared to other streaming devices. Get a fire TV, download Kodi/stremio/syncler+, coupled with premiumize (do a group buy) and watch whatever you want.
Jr. Member
Nov 7, 2010
129 posts
57 upvotes
It's a single use only. Download the PC app and check if you use the deal already or not. Also make sure you login before you checkout.
Newbie
Nov 22, 2007
55 posts
13 upvotes
Which Pharmaprix in Montreal carry this Apple TV 4K please?
I called a few, they don’t sale.
Member
Mar 8, 2008
435 posts
669 upvotes
gatineau
hieidarkdragon wrote: This deal is great but if you already have the first gen 4k apple t.v then it's not worth the update. Just wait for the 3rd gen.
I disagree. it's totally worth it, and then you can sell the 1st gen one easily. I sold mine $120 without any haggling last week.

that new remote baby!
Newbie
User avatar
Nov 21, 2018
88 posts
64 upvotes
Markham
Does anyone know if Crave TV is supported on the newer Apple TV?
Deal Addict
Sep 9, 2015
1436 posts
1058 upvotes
Nanaimo
ODoyleRulz wrote: Dealbreaker for me, I have so many points to use, don’t need more. Got a ATV 4K 64GB with the Apple $70 GC Black Friday promo. Need another one eventually, enjoying the new remote more than the previous gen. Still an upvote from me, better than nothing if you need one (points can be used for gas now).
There’s a points event coming up on the 27th. That might help?

hieidarkdragon wrote: This deal is great but if you already have the first gen 4k apple t.v then it's not worth the update. Just wait for the 3rd gen.
Worth it if you want ARC and eARC support, or high frame rate hdr.
leif20 wrote: Trying to get this to work, and I don't see the 20x in my checkout?


Image
Are you logged in to your account? Is it Linked to your card?
Deal Addict
Sep 9, 2015
1436 posts
1058 upvotes
Nanaimo
leif20 wrote: Does anyone know if Crave TV is supported on the newer Apple TV?
From a quick Google search, the crave website says:

Apple TV: Apple TV 4K or Apple TV HD, OS Version of 12.0+
Sr. Member
Jun 12, 2010
547 posts
909 upvotes
blyndfyre wrote: I choose it because of its higher quality video output to my TV when compared to Chromecast. It’s also a seamless experience with the rest of my Apple products.

Not even fair to compare this against the Chromecast. A better comparison would be the Nvidia Shield TV Pro.
What video output is that?
Newbie
User avatar
Nov 21, 2018
88 posts
64 upvotes
Markham
S0lidus wrote: From a quick Google search, the crave website says:

Apple TV: Apple TV 4K or Apple TV HD, OS Version of 12.0+
I should have googled it myself but yes I do think it's supported. I'm running a non-4k appleTV 2nd gen and last year they disabled crave app randomly. Hoping this brings it back. Also can get disney plus which is a bonus.
S0lidus wrote: There’s a points event coming up on the 27th. That might help?

Are you logged in to your account? Is it Linked to your card?

I just looked at the site closely and I saw a grey banner under the top section (header) with the offer. I clicked on that and the deal is active now.

FYI for those who prefer best buy this is also on sale there ***edit open box***:

https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/ap ... o-15632477
Last edited by leif20 on Jan 22nd, 2022 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Oct 7, 2012
1780 posts
481 upvotes
Montreal
blyndfyre wrote: I choose it because of its higher quality video output to my TV when compared to Chromecast. It’s also a seamless experience with the rest of my Apple products.
big apple fan here, and studied both carefully before we opted out for the chrome case with netflix sub deal...
Yah, read that the output is apparently better...but is this even apparent to the naked eye or just a number?
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2017
1090 posts
999 upvotes
We are now adding potential Points Earned deducted from the final price? You are still paying $230 for the item so I am missing the point how this is a deal?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2014
1665 posts
5529 upvotes
Calgary, AB
ArchZeratul wrote: What video output is that?
Dolby Vision
gogoblender wrote: big apple fan here, and studied both carefully before we opted out for the chrome case with netflix sub deal...
Yah, read that the output is apparently better...but is this even apparent to the naked eye or just a number?
Bit of both. Depends on the TV of course. I have the LG C1 and figured the extra cost for the ATV was worth it compared to the price of my TV.

Top