Expired Hot Deals

[Shoppers Drug Mart] Beauty online 40X points rewards(20X+20X)! 58.5% OFF on everything!

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 16th, 2019 3:25 pm
Deal Addict
Feb 9, 2009
1058 posts
566 upvotes
I noticed that if you apply the coupon on a bag that totals less than 49.99$ the message would be "Voucher is Only valid for an order value above $ 49.99CAD." But other than that , nothing...coupon does not work.
Deal Addict
Jun 7, 2008
3931 posts
1518 upvotes
Toronto
This voucher is no longer in use.

dead
Current KOODO and FIDO customer😎
Feb 7, 2018
68 posts
222 upvotes
MikoWilson wrote:
Mar 15th, 2019 6:03 pm
I don't understand why people FREQUENTLY misrepresent the opportunity here. Honestly, is it ignorance? What is it?

That 140k points you quote can be used for other point deals such as 300 for 200, or 40% back in points.
So that 140k points really comes out to 190k in points either way.

240+190k == 430, so 240/430 == 55%

If you're going to help people, help. If you're not looking to help, then don't try ...

The reason I put my math there because I'm trying to help people understand how is this POINT BACK program work. All I want to say it's POINTS BACK% not equal to OFF%. When you order something $100 and you get $100 worth points doesn't mean you are getting 100% off. The actual discount you get in the end is much lower than the points back percentage.

The math I used it just calculates how much discount you will get by the end of the day. You can always stack with any extra offer that you have such as points redemption events, ebates and PC master card.

If you are going to help, help. If you are not looking to help, then don't try.....Smiling Face With Open Mouth
May 25, 2015
136 posts
79 upvotes
London, ON
LOL. Was about to pull the trigger and they removed the coupon from my account.
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2007
1142 posts
51 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
Tommyyy wrote:
Mar 15th, 2019 7:14 pm
The reason I put my math there because I'm trying to help people understand how is this POINT BACK program work. All I want to say it's POINTS BACK% not equal to OFF%. When you order something $100 and you get $100 worth points doesn't mean you are getting 100% off. The actual discount you get in the end is much lower than the points back percentage.

The math I used it just calculates how much discount you will get by the end of the day. You can always stack with any extra offer that you have such as points redemption events, ebates and PC master card.

If you are going to help, help. If you are not looking to help, then don't try.....Smiling Face With Open Mouth
nobody is confused about that

nobody is thinking that 40x points rewards(20x+20x) means that you will get 58.5% off your bill at time of purchase
Oct 17, 2009
488 posts
707 upvotes
Yeah, frankly, there are a few different ways to look at these deals based on your spending habits. If you were already going to spend 100 bucks at the Superstore, and use your points instead of cash, then YES, you can consider the points as cash.
We're all trying to act like sideline economists here, but really, this is a matter of perception.

So if you spend 100 bucks, and get 40 bucks back in points you were going to spend regardless, then yes, you can consider that original 100 bucks, 40% off. Why wouldn't you?
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2008
1561 posts
543 upvotes
Tommyyy wrote:
Mar 15th, 2019 7:14 pm
I think people dont have problem with your "math". It is with your interpretation of the points back amount. Most people can spend pc points on groceries which is money that needs to be spent regardless.

Say you spent $500 on groceries per month and that portion doesn't change.

You spent $240 to get $140 points back. That reduces your grocery bill to $360. I can argue that grocery dollar amount can be transferred back to shoppers ourchase (add $140 to groceries and subtract that from the shoppers amount). Its just shifting funds around because pc points are almost as good as cash.

Your interpretation of the numbers would be good if I'm getting , say, Dell computer dollars where I'm forced to spend it on items I may not need after a computer system purchase.

Math is correct, interpretation is wrong.
Oct 31, 2012
20 posts
9 upvotes
BELLEVILLE
There is a promo when you spend 125$ get 20x the points this weekend, but no promo code like last time. There is 20x wus 50$ as well....but they won't combine this time
Nov 22, 2010
6 posts
Problem is you are combining 2 unrelated transactions to calculate discount. Lets explain with real dollars of spend in store:
Week 1 $100 shopping gives you scratch card which gives you free shopping so you don't spend anything (not assuming taxes). Discount 100%
Week 2 $100 shopping you pay $100. Discount combining both weeks 50%
Week 3 $100 shopping you pay $100. Discount combining three weeks 33.33%
Week 4 $100 shopping you pay $100. Discount combining four weeks 25%. Week 5 will be 20% and so on
That isn't the way to calculate percentage discount. What we are trying to say is that the percentage is calculated on actual transaction and not subsequent transaction cos one will not stop shopping after getting best discount on one transaction.
Feb 4, 2014
27 posts
1 upvote
Markham
Placed an order yesterday before the code was voided and just got shipping, hope to get the bonus points like last time