Expired Hot Deals

[Shoppers Drug Mart] Bonus redemption cupom 80.000 points -> 120$ 50%, Oct 9th only [YMMV]

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 10th, 2019 12:26 am
[OP]
Jun 27, 2019
10 posts
16 upvotes

[Shoppers Drug Mart] Bonus redemption cupom 80.000 points -> 120$ 50%, Oct 9th only [YMMV]

I just noticed I got this incredible offer in my PC Optimum account today (I'm also a Insiders member if that may influence anything). I hope most people get this.
It's valid just for tomorrow, 9 oct.
pc.jpg
25 replies
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2012
4121 posts
3581 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Good but not incredible.

40% points back is typically better. More flexibility in redemption and better numerical value.

Downside of 40% points back is that you need more points to start with though.

For example, with the 40% points back promo, you could redeem 120k points for $120, with an instant points rebate of 48k, meaning a net spend of 72k points for $120 off.
[OP]
Jun 27, 2019
10 posts
16 upvotes
rugerty100 wrote: Good but not incredible.

40% points back is typically better. More flexibility in redemption and better numerical value.

For example, with the 40% points back promo, you could redeem 120k points for $120, with an instant points rebate of 48k, meaning a net spend of 72k points for $120 off.
It's perfect for me who needs to buy baby formula. Smiling Face With Open Mouth
Its awesome for buying cheaper items, up to 120$. Expensive tech will not benefit as much, indeed.
Oct 26, 2016
294 posts
266 upvotes

How do you get 40%? I thought it was only 30% with the x20 and also it excludes taxes Pensive Face
OP's offer is great imo.
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2012
4121 posts
3581 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Sushi4life wrote: How do you get 40%? I thought it was only 30% with the x20 and also it excludes taxes Pensive Face
OP's offer is great imo.
It happens from time to time, but it's also targeted (like OP's offer).

December 9th, 2018
March 18th, 2019

Most recent one I bought a Sharp 43" 4K TV for 180k points (+ $39 ON Tax) in Aug 2019. Can't seem to find the RFD thread though.
Oct 26, 2016
294 posts
266 upvotes
rugerty100 wrote: It happens from time to time, but it's also targeted (like OP's offer).

December 9th, 2018
March 18th, 2019

Most recent one I bought a Sharp 43" 4K TV for 180k points (+ $39 ON Tax) in Aug 2019. Can't seem to find the RFD thread though.
Wish I get this! I never got this until now. Anyways thank you for the info Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Cold Sweat
Deal Expert
Oct 26, 2003
35122 posts
4309 upvotes
Winnipeg

is there a way to subscribe to rfd alerts so it lets me know next time it happens?
Feb 13, 2017
297 posts
128 upvotes
Mississauga
I’m always surprised at how people even collect this many points to begin with. There’s barely anything reasonably priced at SDM. The only thing I can think of is milk, bread, butter, eggs, but even then I don’t usually get the no name brand of butter and eggs, and the milk at SDM has a short expiration date (at least at my local SDMs), so I usually don’t bother with any groceries. The only way I add up points is when I get perfume as gifts for family or certain skincare/makeup (definitely not a product junkie).
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2005
2102 posts
504 upvotes
Scarborough
There's a ton of other products that people may get. Make up, cologne and perfumes, video games, electronics, and chocolates.

Arias1619 wrote: I’m always surprised at how people even collect this many points to begin with. There’s barely anything reasonably priced at SDM. The only thing I can think of is milk, bread, butter, eggs, but even then I don’t usually get the no name brand of butter and eggs, and the milk at SDM has a short expiration date (at least at my local SDMs), so I usually don’t bother with any groceries. The only way I add up points is when I get perfume as gifts for family or certain skincare/makeup (definitely not a product junkie).
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2015
1893 posts
1276 upvotes
Laval, QC
Targeted offer
I only have the 20x points in the app
Feb 13, 2017
297 posts
128 upvotes
Mississauga
There is the electronics. I can see myself getting Switch games for my kids in the future.
xt21 wrote: There's a ton of other products that people may get. Make up, cologne and perfumes, video games, electronics, and chocolates.
Apr 6, 2017
852 posts
1318 upvotes
In my app I have the highly coveted scan to win 1mm. So boo to you
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2007
2158 posts
1368 upvotes
Cambridge
Arias1619 wrote: I’m always surprised at how people even collect this many points to begin with. There’s barely anything reasonably priced at SDM. The only thing I can think of is milk, bread, butter, eggs, but even then I don’t usually get the no name brand of butter and eggs, and the milk at SDM has a short expiration date (at least at my local SDMs), so I usually don’t bother with any groceries. The only way I add up points is when I get perfume as gifts for family or certain skincare/makeup (definitely not a product junkie).
We collect points any time we shop for groceries at zehrs and typically hit $100 in points every couple months. Also, with the PC world elite MC, we get tons of points for any purchase made on the card, as well as points back on every dollar paid off on the card. It adds up VERY quickly. My wife redeemed about $120 in points back in the second week of Sept and we're already back up to almost $80 in points.
Deal Addict
Jun 25, 2004
3987 posts
540 upvotes
Pickering, ON
Previously, when it was just Shoppers Optimum, I felt the same way you did. But once combined with PC points, we easily accumulate points now from buying groceries at any of Loblaws, No Frills, RCSS, YIG, etc.
That, and maximizing bonus point offers through the PC points app and stores' weekly flyers.
Feb 13, 2017
297 posts
128 upvotes
Mississauga
You’re right, I have noticed this too with my PC M/C.
orbitdesign wrote: We collect points any time we shop for groceries at zehrs and typically hit $100 in points every couple months. Also, with the PC world elite MC, we get tons of points for any purchase made on the card, as well as points back on every dollar paid off on the card. It adds up VERY quickly. My wife redeemed about $120 in points back in the second week of Sept and we're already back up to almost $80 in points.
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2007
2158 posts
1368 upvotes
Cambridge
Arias1619 wrote: You’re right, I have noticed this too with my PC M/C.
I'm so confused and surprised by getting points for purchasing on it and then ALSO getting points for paying off that purchase... it makes zero sense but I hope it stays that way!
May 31, 2007
489 posts
113 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks OP! I have this as an offer but not sure how to use it. Do I just buy $120 worth of products and pay with optimum points when asked? Then it'll automatically deduct 80k points? TIA
Feb 13, 2017
297 posts
128 upvotes
Mississauga
I completely agree! The points just randomly keep getting added (I’m sure it’s not random). But it’s fun to watch lol.
orbitdesign wrote: I'm so confused and surprised by getting points for purchasing on it and then ALSO getting points for paying off that purchase... it makes zero sense but I hope it stays that way!
Sep 22, 2018
148 posts
85 upvotes
Ajax
I never received these kind of offers.