Expired Hot Deals

[Shoppers Drug Mart] Bonus Redemption Event 6 Day Event (Sept. 18-23)

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 26th, 2020 8:41 pm
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2013
1329 posts
882 upvotes
Toronto
So annoyed with the constant flyers offers that start on Saturday. Friday leads into the weekend so I would like to get my shopping done and relax for crying out loud. I don't know when it was that SDM went to this format but I think it started permanently it seems when they stopped many stores from being 24 hrs. Anyway really freaking annoying.
Nov 23, 2004
935 posts
513 upvotes
Edmonton
mohaken wrote: Hey, does anyone know if the 65" RCA 4K TV (MODEL: RHOS651sm) is any good?

i saw it at a store and its $499.99....Plus i have a 20x points offer combined with redeeming 200,000 points....will essentially make the tv cost $200...

is this a good deal?
I've upgraded my old 50" plasma to this RCA. Got 20x the points, and they gave a $100 gift card as well. Sold my old tv for $100 so my net cost was about $200 as well. Great sound quality. No Roku but I have a fire stick. I'd recommend it, especially if you're a light user like me.
Previous wins:
-Fujifilm Finepix Z10FD 7.2mp (Green) 210$
-2x Xbox 360 (Oct 29 & Nov 1) 300$
-2x EA SPORTS
Deal Addict
Aug 12, 2006
3156 posts
1539 upvotes
Toronto
ArchZeratul wrote: I got a Switch with the point redemption and had a 20x point promo. I did this before while having a 20x point offer and got 20x the points on the surplus of $300 (eg. $350 earned me $50 * 15 * 20 points). I had the same situation with the Switch today and was planning to buy two games while I was there. The cashier told me this wouldn't work and to do the games on a separate purchase. She then wasn't able to give me the 20x point promo on the two games because of course the offer did work on the first purchase.

Just a lesson to anyone in a similar situation, don't let these people convince you of something that you know isn't true.
Lesson is: why would you think that you could get 20x more than once? It's clearly a one time use app offer.

Because any SDM employee told you to buy separately (unclear whether 20x would apply to both was queried to them) is hardly worthy of a PSA.

However, the good news is by posting this, I can offer an easy fix. When you next get a 20x offer, go to that Shoppers, with the games and receipts. Explain your story (you may even be smart to go when that employee is there) get them to return the games, and rebuy (btw, here you must do it as separate transactions).
Last edited by beachlover on Sep 19th, 2020 9:20 am, edited 4 times in total.
Deal Addict
Jun 23, 2006
1557 posts
113 upvotes
Toronto
wilbrod wrote: I've upgraded my old 50" plasma to this RCA. Got 20x the points, and they gave a $100 gift card as well. Sold my old tv for $100 so my net cost was about $200 as well. Great sound quality. No Roku but I have a fire stick. I'd recommend it, especially if you're a light user like me.
Hey thanks for the reply!

The box did say it has roku built in tho.

Maybe this is a newer model?

Thanks!
Deal Addict
Jun 23, 2006
1557 posts
113 upvotes
Toronto
D168 wrote: Do you mean you'll only be paying $200 out of pocket, or do you mean the TV will only cost $200 after points are taken into account?
Approx $200 out of pocket
Deal Fanatic
Sep 30, 2003
7334 posts
758 upvotes
beachlover wrote: Lesson is: why would you think that you could get 20x more than once? It's clearly a one time use app offer.

Because any SDM employee told you to buy separately (unclear whether 20x would apply to both was queried to them) is hardly worthy of a PSA.

However, the good news is by posting this, I can offer an easy fix. When you next get a 20x offer, go to that Shoppers, with the games and receipts. Explain your story (you may even be smart to go when that employee is there) get them to return the games, and rebuy (btw, here you must do it as separate transactions).
I think he's saying he was able to put the switch and the games on in a previous purchase, like some time ago, and this time the cashier told him the redemption would be the first purchase, and the coupon would work on the second purchase, but the coupon auto triggered on the first one, screwing him for the second. So the cashier didn't understand how it worked.
My nick doesn't mean I'm happy any more than yours means you're a sex machine.
May 2, 2017
796 posts
1449 upvotes
Theres a generic 20x offer from the flyer or sms. Can't you use that after using up the 20x app offer and scan manually?
Anyone tried?
Jul 15, 2003
677 posts
184 upvotes
GTA, Ontario
Seanne wrote: Im still unsure and want to avoid clawbacks.
Someone mentioned on pp. 15 that you can redeem the promo many times, but the app coupon states limit 1.

I already redeemed once and it still is on the app. Im just paranoid to redeem a 2nd time for stuff i dont need and get a clawback in points...
For redemption, you can redeem as many times as you like. I know I've done it twice during one period before.

For 20x points, it is just once.
Deal Expert
Dec 26, 2010
18510 posts
5332 upvotes
Did not find the new Mario Game at SDMs in Thunder Bay. Guess the truck did not stop here. No special electronics added that I could see...oh wait, a bunch of laptops in the case at McIntyre Center. Nothing for me this time but after blowing $711 on that PS5 pre-order, maybe that's for the best...
Jun 1, 2013
31 posts
87 upvotes
Montreal
Redeemed points for a Switch at Pharmaprix in Place Ville-Marie. Still one left.
Nov 23, 2004
935 posts
513 upvotes
Edmonton
mohaken wrote: Hey thanks for the reply!

The box did say it has roku built in tho.

Maybe this is a newer model?

Thanks!
That's the tv I got.
Images
  • IMG_20200829_081649.jpg
Previous wins:
-Fujifilm Finepix Z10FD 7.2mp (Green) 210$
-2x Xbox 360 (Oct 29 & Nov 1) 300$
-2x EA SPORTS
Oct 27, 2013
871 posts
210 upvotes
Mississauga
Trying to figure out if I should buy something to take advantage for 200k points. These redemption events happen every now and then right?
Deal Addict
Aug 25, 2015
2178 posts
883 upvotes
Montreal, QC
thesearchfordean wrote: Trying to figure out if I should buy something to take advantage for 200k points. These redemption events happen every now and then right?
since pandemic, it's happening like once a month. we haven't had the mega bonus redemption though which is redeem 300k for $450. we're hoping to get that one somewhere in november, hopefully after next gen release
Deal Fanatic
Dec 28, 2006
5929 posts
532 upvotes
Kanata
Bought 3D all star and some other switch games, just wish I had waited a bit to buy switch from SDM instead, can easily save me over $150
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
18330 posts
8167 upvotes
Oakville
LetsMakeADeal2013 wrote: So annoyed with the constant flyers offers that start on Saturday. Friday leads into the weekend so I would like to get my shopping done and relax for crying out loud. I don't know when it was that SDM went to this format but I think it started permanently it seems when they stopped many stores from being 24 hrs. Anyway really freaking annoying.
I'd wager that their overwhelming amount of consumer data (collected via the optimum program) showed them that most people do their shopping on Saturdays or Sundays, so that's why they started doing it this way.
Lucky Koodo $40/6GB (with $15/10GB add-on) recipient

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)