Expired Hot Deals

[Shoppers Drug Mart] Bonus Redemption Event 6 Day Event (Sept. 18-23)

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 26th, 2020 8:41 pm
Oct 27, 2013
864 posts
210 upvotes
Mississauga
Thanks for the info!
sumtimw0ng wrote:
since pandemic, it's happening like once a month. we haven't had the mega bonus redemption though which is redeem 300k for $450. we're hoping to get that one somewhere in november, hopefully after next gen release
Last edited by thesearchfordean on Sep 19th, 2020 12:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Jun 23, 2006
1554 posts
75 upvotes
Toronto
wilbrod wrote: That's the tv I got.
actually that looks really familiar....im pretty sure its the same one i saw.

Hows the Youtube/netflix apps are they quick and easy to use?
Oct 27, 2013
864 posts
210 upvotes
Mississauga
I'm new to this... When I redeem 200k points on a purchase, would I also get points on that purchase?

And is there a way to get 20x today?
Feb 28, 2020
176 posts
506 upvotes
calgaryholmes wrote: Any decent Shopper's in Calgary that has actual stuff?
Glendale shoppers on 17th ave sw had a pretty hefty electronics shelf a few days ago
Deal Addict
May 8, 2002
4917 posts
1448 upvotes
thesearchfordean wrote: I'm new to this... When I redeem 200k points on a purchase, would I also get points on that purchase?

And is there a way to get 20x today?
You would get points on whatever portion that is left that you pay for with real money. Ie switch is 399, so after redeeming 200k for $300, you would get points on the remainder of $99. There is 20x today (via the app, may be used specific, but i believe everyone got this offer) and it ends tomorrow
Jun 22, 2016
255 posts
147 upvotes
Not important
wearysky wrote: I'd wager that their overwhelming amount of consumer data (collected via the optimum program) showed them that most people do their shopping on Saturdays or Sundays, so that's why they started doing it this way.
You got that right! They exist to make money not make it convenient for the very few of us who shop on a Friday. The only reason I shop on a Friday evening is because nobody is out ! A friend even asked why I would spend my Friday nights doing chores. Cause I don’t have to be annoyed since the stores are near empty. Funny how some just think of their own convenience but not the overwhelming majority.
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2011
4557 posts
6645 upvotes
Montreal
mohaken wrote: Hey, does anyone know if the 65" RCA 4K TV (MODEL: RHOS651sm) is any good? i saw it at a store and its $499.99....Plus i have a 20x points offer combined with redeeming 200,000 points....will essentially make the tv cost $200... is this a good deal?
mohaken wrote: Approx $200 out of pocket
That's the point I'm not sure everyone gets and I apologize if this annoys some people; I find it hard to make it obvious:

Some people make it sounds like "I only paid $200 for that TV."

That's not the case: you paid $275 (a) out of pocket + $200 (b) worth of TP, eggs, soap, coffee, etc.

You actually paid +/- $475 (c) for the TV whether you realize it or not.

Make no mistake, Galen is not a billionaire for nothing: he knows you are paying $475 for the damn TV anyway you slice it. Lol!

Edits:
a. It's actually $275 out of pocket: $200 + (15% taxes in Québec on the full price of $500).
b. 200,000 points redeemed could have been exchanged for at least $260 worth of things that are on special at Shoppers like TP, eggs, soap, coffee, milk, frozen veggies, etc. but you get back 60,000 points (on the $200 cash out of pocket [not the taxes] for a net forfeit in value of at least $200.
c. $275 + $200 = $475
Last edited by Temporel on Sep 19th, 2020 5:09 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Deal Addict
Oct 5, 2004
1060 posts
883 upvotes
Vancouver
Temporel wrote: That's the point I'm not sure everyone gets and I apologize if this annoys some people; I find it hard to make it obvious:

That's not the case: you paid $200 out of pocket + $240 of TP, eggs, soap, coffee, etc.

You actually paid +/- $460 for the TV whether you realize it or not.
technically its: +/- $460 for the TV + (eggs, soap, coffee, etc.) whether you realize it or not.
Aug 13, 2019
140 posts
268 upvotes
Temporel wrote: That's the point I'm not sure everyone gets and I apologize if this annoys some people; I find it hard to make it obvious:

That's not the case: you paid $275 out of pocket + $240 of TP, eggs, soap, coffee, etc.

You actually paid +/- $460 for the TV whether you realize it or not.
I understand your point, but a majority of RFD'ers were going to buy their groceries or use their PC Financial Credit card either way. If people are going out of their way to spend more money to earn more PCO points, then they're doing it wrong and are wasting their time and money.
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2011
4557 posts
6645 upvotes
Montreal
... ans I forgot to write: I LOVE Galen and the PC Optimum program! Face Throwing A Kiss

It's the best reward program bar none!

If you are not familiar with it GET WITH THE PROGRAM!

It's FREE and will make you save hundreds of dollars every year depending on the size of your family.

You just have to do a little bit of brain gymnastic as things aren't always like they seem.

For example, after a while, another RFD member made me realize that the bonus redemption events are not an extra 30%, 40%, or 50% bonus since when you redeem points, you don't get points on what you buy and you could always buy during a 20 X the points (30%) event which come almost every week these days.

So, out of the 30% ,40%, or 50% bonus of the bonus redemption events, 30% should be deducted for a net bonus of 0%, 10% and 20%.

Things that make you go hmmm...
Last edited by Temporel on Sep 19th, 2020 5:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Aug 9, 2007
335 posts
68 upvotes
Redcontrollers wrote: I understand your point, but a majority of RFD'ers were going to buy their groceries or use their PC Financial Credit card either way. If people are going out of their way to spend more money to earn more PCO points, then they're doing it wrong and are wasting their time and money.
That's the exact scenario for me. I've been shopping at Superstore for ages and I'm racking up points just for buying essentials. I'm not going out of my way buying things I don't need just to rack up points.

So for me I've gotten countless nearly free games by redeeming those points at Shoppers.
Aug 13, 2019
140 posts
268 upvotes
haites wrote: That's the exact scenario for me. I've been shopping at Superstore for ages and I'm racking up points just for buying essentials. I'm not going out of my way buying things I don't need just to rack up points.

So for me I've gotten countless nearly free games by redeeming those points at Shoppers.
Exactly. I can price-match at No Frills for $100 worth of groceries, and I typically get 5k-15k worth of PCO since I have the PCF World Elite CC and use the app offers. I have my mother as an authorized user on my PCF WE CC too and I get like 10k PC points monthly. This program is best when you earn points without altering your spending.
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2011
4557 posts
6645 upvotes
Montreal
Seanne wrote: Theres a generic 20x offer from the flyer or sms. Can't you use that after using up the 20x app offer and scan manually?
Anyone tried?
No, those offers are one and the same. The 20 X the points offers advertised in the flyer appear automatically in my account without me doing anything.
Deal Addict
May 13, 2005
3453 posts
3295 upvotes
Montreal
Temporel wrote: b. 200,000 points redeemed could have been exchanged for $300 worth of TP, eggs, soap, coffee, milk, frozen veggies, etc.
It is super hard to buy $300 worth of TP, eggs, soap, coffee, milk, frozen veggies, etc. at SDM. Most of the SDM sale items having limit otherwise they are expensive compare to other cheaper groceries stores like Maxi.

For example, Sweetened Condensed Milk
Maxi price = $2 + tax (requires 2000 points)
Pharmaprix price = $3.19 + tax (requires 3200 points) ==> so exchange 200000 points for $300 doesn't help
https://www.maxi.ca/Alimentations/Garde ... 0112979_EA

In other words, we shouldn't compare the exchange 200000 points for $300 when buying electronic items with groceries...
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2011
4557 posts
6645 upvotes
Montreal
X360 wrote: It is super hard to buy $300 worth of TP, eggs, soap, coffee, milk, frozen veggies, etc. at SDM. Most of the SDM sale items having limit otherwise they are expensive compare to other cheaper groceries stores like Maxi.

In other words, we shouldn't compare the exchange 200000 points for $300 when buying electronic items with groceries...
Good point. I will update my TV pricing example in a previous post.
But it's relatively easy to get to at least the first level of redemption which is 50,000 points for $65 worth of stuff.
That's still a 30% bonus (instead of 50%) on your points buying power and that can be achieved at least partly with items that are on sale but have a limit like butter, eggs, TP, bacon, etc.
And if $300 worth of stuff is too hard to achieve all at once, it can be done $65 worth at a time over many weeks.

But you are right, you have to know the market prices that's why I wrote earlier "You just have to do a little bit of brain gymnastic".