Expired Hot Deals

[Shoppers Drug Mart] Bonus Redemption Event 6 Day Event (Sept. 18-23)

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 26th, 2020 8:41 pm
Jun 3, 2007
500 posts
162 upvotes
Toronto
mouseswimming wrote: I am close to Yonge / Eglinton. There are 2 Shpppers Drug Mart in this area. BUT both of them do not have electronics. Does anyone know where is the closest store carry electronics? I want to get a Nintendo Switch.
Shoppers near Lawrence and Dufferin had a decent selection of electronics a month or so ago. You could give them a call to check. Also, other stores have some of the more expensive electronics in the back so although it might seem like they don't carry some items, it never hurts to ask.
Jan 18, 2018
299 posts
412 upvotes
joshmxpx wrote:
You would get points on whatever portion that is left that you pay for with real money. Ie switch is 399, so after redeeming 200k for $300, you would get points on the remainder of $99. There is 20x today (via the app, may be used specific, but i believe everyone got this offer) and it ends tomorrow
Are you sure it's still like this? I did do what you say last year when I bought switch (first $300 with 200k, then 20x on final $80).
But the reason I ask, I'm pretty sure my 20x from yesterday said "only available on purchase where you don't redeem any points" or so. I can't look/screenshot now, as I used the 20x offer already (used it on Mario 3d All Stars).
But I noticed that, and figured that's their new policy.
Was hoping to get lucky and use redemption bonus plus 20x on remaining when the ps5 is out :).
Jun 3, 2007
500 posts
162 upvotes
Toronto
mouseswimming wrote: I am close to Yonge / Eglinton. There are 2 Shpppers Drug Mart in this area. BUT both of them do not have electronics. Does anyone know where is the closest store carry electronics? I want to get a Nintendo Switch.
I am at the store on young North of Lawrence and asked about the switch for you. He said they have at least 1. It is Sunday at 4:00 p.m. I am here at the store. You can either visit or call.
Feb 1, 2020
3 posts
joshmxpx wrote: You would get points on whatever portion that is left that you pay for with real money. Ie switch is 399, so after redeeming 200k for $300, you would get points on the remainder of $99. There is 20x today (via the app, may be used specific, but i believe everyone got this offer) and it ends tomorrow
So I get 45pts/$1 spent using my PC World Elite Mastercard. With the 20x points bonus right now, I would get 89k points on the balance of the Switch? Essentially I am paying $99+tax and 111k points to get the Switch?
May 8, 2015
116 posts
106 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON
drkhrs wrote: So I get 45pts/$1 spent using my PC World Elite Mastercard. With the 20x points bonus right now, I would get 89k points on the balance of the Switch? Essentially I am paying $99+tax and 111k points to get the Switch?
No, only the base 15 points per dollar is multiplied by 20x. The WE card simply gives an extra 30 points per dollar, for a total of 45 points per dollar at Shoppers on a normal purchase.

So you would get 29700 points from the purchase plus 2970 points from your credit card.

Also, the tax would be on the full purchase price ($399) even if you redeem points.
Feb 1, 2020
3 posts
moonfirespam wrote: No, only the base 15 points per dollar is multiplied by 20x. The WE card simply gives an extra 30 points per dollar, for a total of 45 points per dollar at Shoppers on a normal purchase.

So you would get 29700 points from the purchase plus 2970 points from your credit card.

Also, the tax would be on the full purchase price ($399) even if you redeem points.
Thanks.

So it's more like paying $399 + $51.87 (MB tax) - $300 = $150.87
And 200k - 32.67k = 167330 points
Deal Addict
Dec 9, 2002
1846 posts
342 upvotes
Kitchener
Too bad they they're not selling the Tab S5e as it's a much better tablet from my research than the S6 lite.
Deal Addict
May 8, 2002
4917 posts
1448 upvotes
a2younis wrote: Are you sure it's still like this? I did do what you say last year when I bought switch (first $300 with 200k, then 20x on final $80).
But the reason I ask, I'm pretty sure my 20x from yesterday said "only available on purchase where you don't redeem any points" or so. I can't look/screenshot now, as I used the 20x offer already (used it on Mario 3d All Stars).
But I noticed that, and figured that's their new policy.
Was hoping to get lucky and use redemption bonus plus 20x on remaining when the ps5 is out :).
This is the new wording they added to the 20x offers: "Not valid on any portion of your purchase paid for with PC Optimum points.". Meaning you don't earn points on the portion where you're redeeming points, only the cash/paying portion.

This is no different than the way it's always been, they've just added the wording to make it crystal clear...
Jan 18, 2018
299 posts
412 upvotes
joshmxpx wrote: This is the new wording they added to the 20x offers: "Not valid on any portion of your purchase paid for with PC Optimum points.". Meaning you don't earn points on the portion where you're redeeming points, only the cash/paying portion.

This is no different than the way it's always been, they've just added the wording to make it crystal clear...
Excellent thanks. I just saw it quickly as I was about to pay. I guess I didn't read it too clearly.
Deal Addict
Feb 22, 2009
1883 posts
1689 upvotes
Whitby
Making household isn't working. Can anyone else confirm?
Dec 3, 2013
611 posts
255 upvotes
Brampton/waterloo
dyalect wrote: Making household isn't working. Can anyone else confirm?
Same here, getting an error as well
Jan 27, 2020
2 posts
Does anyone know how often the bonus redemption event typically occurs?
Deal Addict
Jun 9, 2005
3246 posts
602 upvotes
Toronto
maritrunks wrote: Just redeemed 200k points toward a Nintendo Switch yesturday. Paid $151 all in after redemption
I just noticed on the PC optimum app that I earned 29,700 points as well so this was a super hot deal!
[AMD Ryzen 5 3400G | Biostar X370GTN ITX | Crucial Ballistix 8GB DDR4 2666Mhz | WD BLUE 1TB & Sandisk 120GB m.2 | Silverstone SG13]
https://www.speedtest.net/result/8898661390.png
Feedbacks:
Ebay
HoFo
Heatware
Dec 5, 2015
518 posts
571 upvotes
Verdun, QC
X-Nemesis wrote: Too bad they they're not selling the Tab S5e as it's a much better tablet from my research than the S6 lite.
You might want to do more research. They are 2 different tablets and 2 different usage. Both are affordable devices but they Excel at different things.