Expired Hot Deals

Shoppers Drug Mart

Bonus Redemption Event (Oct. 29 to Nov. 3)

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 11th, 2021 3:28 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 19, 2015
4226 posts
27817 upvotes

[Shoppers Drug Mart] Bonus Redemption Event (Oct. 29 to Nov. 3)

Bonus Redemption Event (October 29 to November 3)

Spend 50,000 points and get up to $65.00 off (regularly $50.00)
Spend 100,000 points and get up to $140.00 off (regularly $100.00)
Spend 200,000 points and get up to $300.00 off (regularly $200.00)

Official flyer will be posted on Thursday morning.
212 replies
May 6, 2020
576 posts
398 upvotes
Halifax
waiting for BF redemption
Deal Fanatic
Apr 10, 2011
7709 posts
12971 upvotes
Montreal
RiftOfChaos wrote: BF is close, hold!
Just keep 250,000 points for BF in case you find something you actually need on sale and in stock. Otherwise, it's better to redeem regularly if you have more points (like during this weekend) to avoid accumulating and getting stuck with millions of points that you don't know what to do with.
Deal Addict
Jun 7, 2017
1263 posts
3273 upvotes
New Brunswick
RiftOfChaos wrote: BF is close, hold!
It'll be hard to hold if a Switch OLED re-stock lines up with this event Face With Stuck-out Tongue And Tightly-closed Eyes
Deal Addict
Jan 12, 2017
2363 posts
2418 upvotes
Langley
Weird they have bonus redemption so close to BF? Maybe no BG mega redemption this year?
Oct 13, 2017
837 posts
814 upvotes
Hamilton
Dreamrider wrote: Weird they have bonus redemption so close to BF? Maybe no BG mega redemption this year?
They want you to spend it now rather than Black Friday.... Plus they have offers pretty regularly and Black Friday is still a month away.
Deal Addict
Mar 20, 2016
1267 posts
1152 upvotes
Montreal
What about over 200,000 points? Just regular value?
Aug 11, 2016
283 posts
237 upvotes
Can someone explain to me how shoppers justifies all their point programs? When you compare the prices for regular products at somewhere like walmart vs shoppers after all the points (-20x points savings - bonus redemption savings) the customer always comes out way ahead. Am I the fool here? How are they making money on us?
Last edited by ead009 on Oct 26th, 2021 10:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Jan 19, 2003
2015 posts
330 upvotes
Toronto
BranCracker wrote: It'll be hard to hold if a Switch OLED re-stock lines up with this event Face With Stuck-out Tongue And Tightly-closed Eyes
I know right. Do we risk it for $50 savings?
Deal Fanatic
Apr 10, 2011
7709 posts
12971 upvotes
Montreal
ead009 wrote: Can someone explain to me how shoppers justifies all their point programs? When you compare the prices for regular products at somewhere like walmart vs shoppers after all the points (-20x points savings - bonus redemption savings) the customer always comes out way ahead. Am I the fool here? How are they making money on us?
People buy expensive beauty goop while at the store and regularly priced items outside the promotion events. They try to coral you into the Loblaws Web with the PC Mastercard, they send you offers to shop at Loblaws or Provigo, No Frills/Maxi they offer you insurance they try to get you to subscribe to PC Insider, etc.
Last edited by Temporel on Oct 26th, 2021 2:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
15698 posts
30068 upvotes
Scarborough
slippy wrote: I know right. Do we risk it for $50 savings?
Don't think I could resist picking it up if I actually found one in stock during regular bonus redemption!
RFD Staff - Have a question? Send me a PM
[Forum Rules] [Deal Alerts]
Sep 14, 2009
818 posts
326 upvotes
As someone that just had their PC optimum points stolen/redeemed a few weeks ago ($400 worth- they used it during one of the redemption events), I urge everyone that has pc optimum to try and secure your account as best you can. If you're not planning on redeeming points, set the cards/phone with app to 'earn only' (turn this feature off before you want to redeem points). Put on the 2 step verification. Periodically check your app to see if there are bunch of cards added to it that you don't recognize, especially around bonus redemption event times. I don't know how effective these strategies are, but i figure it's better than nothing.

A few days before it was stolen, i placed my very first order with sdm online. I don't know if there is some type of security vulnerability or if it was just coincidence, but be as careful as you can. Dealing with pc optimum is a huge pain in the ass to try and sort it out. Just a few days ago I was able to get my points back, but they still owe me 25,000 points from a previous purchase that they still haven't credited. I am in a pc optimum household (with the majority of points being mine) and they were able to use my partner's 'phone' to make the purchase. (there were extra cards that show up in her pc optimum account that someone was able to add). The only reason I noticed it so quickly was because I had been checking daily to see if they had added on my 25,000 points. lol.

Although i was able to get my points back, it's still super frustrating. I've never had anything taken from me online before. I would have been so pissed off if this happened during black friday since it takes awhile for them to go through the case and award you back your points so I would have missed out on the event. I'm still nervous it might happen in the future. :(
Last edited by luongo321 on Oct 26th, 2021 11:15 am, edited 4 times in total.
Deal Guru
Apr 26, 2004
12269 posts
2435 upvotes
Mississauga
Anyone know if SDMs tend to get video games on their release date? I'd love to pick up Mario Party Superstars this weekend with this promo. I only have 204,000 points, so the Black Friday mega-redemption will likely not have any extra value for me.
Jun 28, 2009
284 posts
116 upvotes
Can I buy $600 worth of stuff to redeem 400k points?

Oled plus a game or something like that, so I don’t pay out of pocket
Feb 5, 2015
394 posts
471 upvotes
Toronto
mao246 wrote: Can I buy $600 worth of stuff to redeem 400k points?

Oled plus a game or something like that, so I don’t pay out of pocket
Not on same transaction, redeeming 400k points will get you 500$.
Nov 12, 2017
584 posts
459 upvotes
BranCracker wrote: It'll be hard to hold if a Switch OLED re-stock lines up with this event Face With Stuck-out Tongue And Tightly-closed Eyes
Literally the only thing I want from Shoppers
May 17, 2017
865 posts
2029 upvotes
HOLLLLLLLLLLD
My phone plan is $400 a month for 500 MB of data.
My internet plan is $199.99 for capped internet and slow speeds.
My credit cards are the ones with annual fees but terrible rewards.
Did I RFD correctly?
Nov 24, 2018
226 posts
313 upvotes
Black Friday redemption deal will probably be better, but worth using it up now if you are looking at something high demand that is actually in stock right now.