• Jun 25th, 2019 2:10 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2006
1939 posts
1762 upvotes
Calgary

[Shoppers Drug Mart] Bonus Redemption - Friday to Sunday

It’s time for your monthly Bonus Redemption Event!
Nothing terribly exciting in the flyer, but some ok grocery prices.

Last time I picked up a Samsung Tab A - 2019 for $299.

Get $65 off with 50K redeemed, $140 off with 100K redeemed, $300 off with 200K points redeemed. Those are the only three tiers of offers that they will be offering during the sale.
Last edited by theboschman on Jun 21st, 2019 8:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
215 replies
Dec 16, 2015
104 posts
42 upvotes
Burnaby, BC
anyone have that handy switch spreadsheet showing the best time to use your points? looking to get a switch soon and always remembered it would be best to get it from shoppers haha.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2006
1939 posts
1762 upvotes
Calgary
ayogtc wrote:
Jun 18th, 2019 12:42 pm
anyone have that handy switch spreadsheet showing the best time to use your points? looking to get a switch soon and always remembered it would be best to get it from shoppers haha.
It’s around somewhere... might be worth search a previous thread. There is a chance you will get a 20 times personal coupon as well. The best option is a 20% off day with 20 times the points but those are very hard to come by these days.
Sep 5, 2018
22 posts
27 upvotes
How does one find out which Shoppers carries electronics? Call each store?
Jul 19, 2018
120 posts
124 upvotes
TheRockNL wrote:
Jun 18th, 2019 1:00 pm
There is no easy way unfortunately. Some do, some don't. Those that do all have mostly different stock. There is no consistency. All you can do is call about specific items (they often answer wrong) or visit yourself.

Sucks but it is what it is. Hopefully someday they have some way of looking online.
Sep 5, 2018
22 posts
27 upvotes
ohwowhi wrote:
Jun 18th, 2019 1:03 pm
There is no easy way unfortunately. Some do, some don't. Those that do all have mostly different stock. There is no consistency. All you can do is call about specific items (they often answer wrong) or visit yourself.

Sucks but it is what it is. Hopefully someday they have some way of looking online.
Good to know, thanks. Also, what an odd way to do business.
Apr 30, 2007
79 posts
30 upvotes
I have 300K points, with special redeem event, can I redeem 300K points for 450bucks?
Aug 29, 2017
172 posts
176 upvotes
theboschman wrote:
Jun 18th, 2019 11:55 am
It’s time for your monthly Bonus Redemption Event!
Nothing terribly exciting in the flyer, but some ok grocery prices.

Last time I packed up a Samsung Tab A - 2019 for $299.
I also picked up the Tab A 2019 last time. My younger daughter prefers a smaller tablet but the Fire HD I got her is kind of crappy. Has anyone seen the Tab A 8.0 32GB 2019 model at a Shoppers as I have only seen the new Tab A 10.1
Aug 23, 2012
301 posts
46 upvotes
Toronto
ohwowhi wrote:
Jun 18th, 2019 1:03 pm

I find always ask for the stock boys for electronics
The first persons or cashiers will always say No

Happens all the time even with diapers the cashier will say that’s all we got on the shelf
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2006
1545 posts
1012 upvotes
TheRockNL wrote:
Jun 18th, 2019 1:00 pm
Do call to save yourself some grief/time. Not all stores carry electronics.

For those stores with electonics, each carries different items unless advertised on wkly flyer where all likely have stock.

However, It is hide/seek for notebooks and tablets. Customers need to ask its availablity including details/specs which are not up to date.

One exception, I was a bit 'surprised' when one store actually did an inventory list with all specs on notebooks/tablets in a folder, left on the electronic shelf/section for would-be buyers to browse instead of seeking the cashier for viewing etc.
LIVE LONG and suffer ...

:arrow: PEACE :arrowl:
Feb 26, 2017
356 posts
188 upvotes
imoo2u wrote: Do call to save yourself some grief/time. Not all stores carry electronics.

For those stores with electonics, each carries different items unless advertised on wkly flyer where all likely have stock.

However, It is hide/seek for notebooks and tablets. Customers need to ask its availablity including details/specs which are not up to date.

One exception, I was a bit 'surprised' when one store actually did an inventory list with all specs on notebooks/tablets and left it on the electronic shelf/section for would-be buyers to browse instead of seeking the cashier for viewing etc.
The other problem is that there’s very limited info on the laptops / chrome books. One shitty little tag - no model number or specs. You literally need to ask the cashier to pull it out to check specs. They must be hoping people make quick purchases with points. And it’s usually crap like HP.

Consoles are a good use of the points though.
Mar 7, 2011
96 posts
145 upvotes
Ottawa
Do you know what are the redemption amounts this time around?
Jul 19, 2018
120 posts
124 upvotes
During these bonus events, does it cap you on what you can redeem? For example:

Switch is $380, if I do 200k points = $300 off, can I use 80k points on the last $80 so I just pay the tax?
Dec 30, 2012
323 posts
110 upvotes
Mississauga
ohwowhi wrote:
Jun 18th, 2019 1:26 pm
During these bonus events, does it cap you on what you can redeem? For example:

Switch is $380, if I do 200k points = $300 off, can I use 80k points on the last $80 so I just pay the tax?
Yes. you can use 80 k pts for $80 and just pay tax.... also not sure if they fixed it but the self serve registers let you pay the tax with your points before lol.
Mar 9, 2011
664 posts
970 upvotes
This post would make more sense if the bonus points redemption were mentioned. Get $65 off with 50K redeemed, $140 off with 100K redeemed, $300 off with 200K points redeemed. Those are the only three tiers of offers that they will be offering during the sale.
Last edited by jetertmac on Jun 18th, 2019 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.