Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Shoppers Drug Mart

Buy $250 Canadian Tire gc, get bonus $25 gc, (limit $500) FEB 16 - 22

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 4th, 2019 12:39 am
Deal Addict
Dec 15, 2006
1214 posts
867 upvotes
Ottawa
wing0 wrote:
On one GC?
No, $250 loaded onto 4 cards. They might have been able to load 2 x $250 on the same card but I didn't want to complicate things.
Jon Lai wrote: So the $25 bonus has to be on a separate card, or can you just put $275 on the variable load card and pay $250 for it?
I wanted to keep it simple so I just grabbed separate $25s.
Oct 5, 2014
611 posts
1367 upvotes
Ontario
Jon Lai wrote: So the $25 bonus has to be on a separate card, or can you just put $275 on the variable load card and pay $250 for it?
The $25 GC was separate for me
Deal Expert
Nov 16, 2004
26683 posts
15290 upvotes
Toronto
Shoppers should have said what they heck they wanted, instead you got cashiers and customers confused. There's direction in the flyer about what PLU to enter but no direction as to what order is the purchase processed (assuming purchase $250 in whatever denomination, purchase another $25 card, cashier enters PLU for $25 which makes the $25 gift card free).

Not to mention, no communication with staff, so they don't know what's going on.

THIS IS YOUR PROMOTION SHOPPERS, INFORM YOUR STAFF!!!
RedFlagDeals Addict
Wash your car at Petro-Canada? Think again! Car damaged and nobody cares
Esso Price Privileges Card, 25% Off - save some money on gas
Deal Expert
Nov 16, 2004
26683 posts
15290 upvotes
Toronto
qbarnes95 wrote: Sorry if this has already been answered... Is it still easy for people to steal the card # and redeem the balance? I remember a few years ago thieves could easily copy the number, wait for the card to be activated and use the balance up.
IMO the balance can be stolen because it's not just a barcode-exposed issue. Keep your receipt, watch your balance.
bargain man wrote: If you buy the old style that has the barcode exposed, then yes. They have a new variant which hides the barcode. Those are the ones to get.
This advice isn't correct. It's only correct if you believe the crook was standing in a Shoppers writing down numbers or swapping cards. It doesn't account for those that swipe the card on their own personal reader, capturing the data to copy.
Look, the cards are available in open packaging on the retail floor, anything can happen and DOES happen because these are some of the most popular gift cards. Act accordingly, keep your receipts.

Edit: Full card number is exposed on plastic hanging card (with no paper, new style).
Last edited by DaVibe on Feb 16th, 2019 12:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
RedFlagDeals Addict
Dec 27, 2015
302 posts
403 upvotes
Nepean, ON
wing0 wrote: On one GC?
No, first of all the limit for loadable cards is 500 not 1000. Second - the manager refused to put the PLU code twice for one $500 card (he said it won't work but I doubt it) so I also walked out with 250x2 and 25x2. Painless otherwise.
May 30, 2017
800 posts
540 upvotes
Which gas stations can you use a CT gc at?
Banned
Jul 17, 2008
11042 posts
3878 upvotes
I guess this is pretty cold if there is no canadian tire gas bar right? There doesn't appear to be any in BC
Dec 27, 2015
302 posts
403 upvotes
Nepean, ON
Messerschmitt wrote: I guess this is pretty cold if there is no canadian tire gas bar right?
It's also good for tires, especially given CT can price match other retailers for it.
Dec 27, 2015
302 posts
403 upvotes
Nepean, ON
arcty5 wrote: Which gas stations can you use a CT gc at?
All Canadian Tire Gas+ locations
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2007
4713 posts
6306 upvotes
Prince George
Messerschmitt wrote: I guess this is pretty cold if there is no canadian tire gas bar right? There doesn't appear to be any in BC
No, not cold if you ever buy anything from CT. It’s a stackable 9% discount on any future purchase.

My location in Prince George has a gas station. I’d be surprised if there weren’t others in BC.
Banned
Jul 17, 2008
11042 posts
3878 upvotes
cheaper_than_cheap wrote: No, not cold if you ever buy anything from CT. It’s a stackable 9% discount on any future purchase.

My location in Prince George has a gas station. I’d be surprised if there weren’t others in BC.
Surprising. Lower mainland has nothing. At least that's what their location finder on their website is saying
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2008
3320 posts
1214 upvotes
Cambridge, ON/Guelph…
DaVibe wrote: IMO the balance can be stolen because it's not just a barcode-exposed issue. Keep your receipt, watch your balance.

This advice isn't correct. It's only correct if you believe the crook was standing in a Shoppers writing down numbers or swapping cards. It doesn't account for those that swipe the card on their own personal reader, capturing the data to copy.
Look, the cards are available in open packaging on the retail floor, anything can happen and DOES happen because these are some of the most popular gift cards. Act accordingly, keep your receipts.

Edit: Full card number is exposed on plastic hanging card (with no paper, new style).
The old style had the mag stripe and the barcode exposed, the new one has neither exposed. For the new style, the cashier has to physically "open" the back to scan the barcode before loading the amount on the giftcard. Are you saying the barcode for the GC is located elsewhere on the package?

I mean it's always good practice to keep the receipt, but the new ones are much more difficult to defraud IMO.
Last edited by bargain man on Feb 16th, 2019 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
May 3, 2008
3946 posts
2937 upvotes
Markham
Looks like very limited loadable card at SDM. I went to a Markham location at 8:40am and only 3 left on the shelf. Lots of $25, $50 and $100 denomination but not sure if those one qualifies too.
Sep 3, 2006
314 posts
141 upvotes
Montreal
savemoresaveoften wrote: Looks like very limited loadable card at SDM. I went to a Markham location at 8:40am and only 3 left on the shelf. Lots of $25, $50 and $100 denomination but not sure if those one qualifies too.

We bought 500$ worth of CT cards with 50$ cuts and it worked.
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2012
1342 posts
1725 upvotes
GTA
this is how I got the discount: the cashier loaded $250 to a $25-$500 card, applied discount code found on the flyer, and I paid $225 for the $250 value gift card. I purchased 2.
Rogers 20GB/$60 5G plan + Iphone 13;
Lucky Mobile 3GB/$20 4G plan;
Koodo 50GB/$45 4G plan + Free International call perk + Iphone 11;
Fido 4GB/$0 LTE data/Month plan
Deal Expert
Nov 16, 2004
26683 posts
15290 upvotes
Toronto
bargain man wrote: The old style had the mag stripe and the barcode exposed, the new one has neither exposed. For the new style, the cashier has to physically "open" the back to scan the barcode before loading the amount on the giftcard. Are you saying the barcode for the GC is located elsewhere on the package?

I mean it's always good practice to keep the receipt, but the new ones are much more difficult to defraud IMO.
This must be another style beyond what most stores are selling, because many still have a hanging gift card with an exposed magnetic strip (that's all I've seen).
Apologies if we aren't talking about the same thing. I assume if that's what you found, those are brand new and most stores do not have them yet.

I guess better things are to come. Maybe someone heard my complaining, FINALLY (I'm the one running the Cdn Tire Balance stolen thread).

Upload a photo of one!
Last edited by DaVibe on Feb 16th, 2019 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RedFlagDeals Addict
Deal Addict
Jun 18, 2016
1235 posts
4268 upvotes
freetrade wrote: Can this be used for gas? hmmmmm :rolleyes:
Only if you're willing to put CT gas in your car *bleh*
Deal Addict
Oct 7, 2007
2967 posts
1983 upvotes
Edmonton
MooseV2 wrote: Only if you're willing to put CT gas in your car *bleh*
Here we go. First the argument of discount % on this deal now gas quality. Dont like it dont buy it. Think ct makes the gas at their ct gas refinery in timbucktoo? Works perfectly in all cars we' ve had for years including performance cars. Just bought $1k ....thx op!!!!.
Feb 15, 2019
4 posts
There are two different giftcards in the store, one is the bar code exposed on the outside, the otherone is sealed, usually not visible, and the seal should be torn open before the cashier activates. It is recommended to choose the type of seal as much as possible for the large denomination. When I bought it, the cashier asked me to take $275 giftcard directly. When she activated, she entered the code and actually paid $250.
Deal Expert
Nov 16, 2004
26683 posts
15290 upvotes
Toronto
MooseV2 wrote: Only if you're willing to put CT gas in your car *bleh*
Haven't had any issues. Chevy and now Volkswagen Diesel.

I also drive older vehicles (used) which would be more likely to feel the effects of "bad gas" IMO
RedFlagDeals Addict