Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Shoppers Drug Mart

Buy $300 Canadian Tire Gift Cards Get Bonus $25 (accepted at CT Gas Stations)

  • Last Updated:
  • Mar 11th, 2020 11:13 pm
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Sep 25, 2005
9313 posts
7697 upvotes
Scarborough, ON

[Shoppers Drug Mart] Buy $300 Canadian Tire Gift Cards Get Bonus $25 (accepted at CT Gas Stations)

From Saturday February 29 - Friday March 6, 2020
Get a bonus $25 Canadian Tire gift card when you purchase $300 in Canadian Tire gift cards !
Equivalent to 8% off gas and other CT merchandise.

The fine print:
Limit $500 per customer (but you can always exit the store and return back for more)
While quantities last. We reserve the right to limit quantities.
Cashiers please use PLU 21461 for the bonus $25 Canadian Tire gift card.
Not redeemable for cash.
No adjustments on previous purchases allowed.
No rainchecks.
Shoppers Drug Mart reserves the right to revoke this offer at any time.
No refunds on any gift card purchase.
Last edited by DragonRider on Feb 26th, 2020 8:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Thread Summary
Don't forget to visit the RedFlagDeals Gift Card thread, where we posted about this deal FIRST
142 replies
Sr. Member
Aug 11, 2017
562 posts
351 upvotes
Not even 10% anymore?What’s going on?
Deal Fanatic
Oct 18, 2004
5239 posts
1720 upvotes
Wat
Thanks OP, was running low. I'll take 8.3% over 0%

The $500 limit doesn't make sense though.. someone at SDM failed math?
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jul 27, 2003
4539 posts
3462 upvotes
Edmonton
More like 7.7% off, but still decent savings. Thanks OP.
Deal Expert
User avatar
Nov 16, 2004
24603 posts
12663 upvotes
Toronto
mohamade wrote: Cannot redeem points? That's bad
You never could redeem for points at Shoppers, or pretty much any retailer now for that matter.
RedFlagDeals Addict - 2008 Nominee for Most Helpful User
Wash your car at Petro-Canada? Think again! Car damaged and nobody cares
Member
Apr 13, 2008
266 posts
411 upvotes
Bancroft
ChinpokoMon wrote: More like 7.7% off, but still decent savings. Thanks OP.
7.7% is correct since you get $325 for $300, a $25 bonus. 25/325 = 7.7% but...
... you lose your 4% Triangle rewards points...
...but gain .4% Canadian Tire money on cash/gift card sales.
7.7 - 4 + .4 = 4.1%

Is going to the trouble of buying a gift card, remembering to use the gift card, etc. worth the trouble for 4.1%? I'm cheap. So yes!!
Deal Fanatic
Oct 1, 2004
6651 posts
993 upvotes
GTA
eebest wrote: 7.7% is correct since you get $325 for $300, a $25 bonus. 25/325 = 7.7% but...
... you lose your 4% Triangle rewards points...
...but gain .4% Canadian Tire money on cash/gift card sales.
7.7 - 4 + .4 = 4.1%

Is going to the trouble of buying a gift card, remembering to use the gift card, etc. worth the trouble for 4.1%? I'm cheap. So yes!!
Wouldn’t you get 45pt/$1 if you use Pc world elite master card at shoppers.
Member
Dec 14, 2009
217 posts
103 upvotes
Markham
eebest wrote: 7.7% is correct since you get $325 for $300, a $25 bonus. 25/325 = 7.7% but...
... you lose your 4% Triangle rewards points...
...but gain .4% Canadian Tire money on cash/gift card sales.
7.7 - 4 + .4 = 4.1%

Is going to the trouble of buying a gift card, remembering to use the gift card, etc. worth the trouble for 4.1%? I'm cheap. So yes!!
When using CT gift cards to pay for gas, you get around 3.5c per litre, which is around 2-3% depending what the gas prices are. The rate changes I believe (I've noticed it to be 3c, 3.5c, or 4c), but its around there. You also gain X% of credit card points that you use to purchase from Shoppers. Even better when you're trying to hit a welcome bonus!
Deal Addict
User avatar
Oct 7, 2007
2813 posts
1703 upvotes
Edmonton
jw513 wrote: When using CT gift cards to pay for gas, you get around 3.5c per litre, which is around 2-3% depending what the gas prices are. The rate changes I believe (I've noticed it to be 3c, 3.5c, or 4c), but its around there. You also gain X% of credit card points that you use to purchase from Shoppers. Even better when you're trying to hit a welcome bonus!
In Alberta CT money earned at 4c/l for any amount. So on say $1 gas the GC+CT money saving are 12c/l ( 4+7.7) rounded.. PLUS don't forget the additional 2c/l survey code. So all stacked ~ 14c/l savings. Best out there by a mile!
Banned
Apr 26, 2019
314 posts
354 upvotes
Nunavut
You always seem to get 1-2 cards that don't work, (either stolen codes/never scan properly) that easily negates any bonus
Deal Fanatic
Oct 1, 2004
6651 posts
993 upvotes
GTA
Hindustunna wrote: You always seem to get 1-2 cards that don't work, (either stolen codes/never scan properly) that easily negates any bonus
Personally I find CT prices are higher vs other stations as well...

Anyone know what refinery they get their gas from?
Deal Addict
User avatar
Sep 22, 2005
4010 posts
3214 upvotes
Ottawa
Hindustunna wrote: You always seem to get 1-2 cards that don't work, (either stolen codes/never scan properly) that easily negates any bonus
Look for the new style GCs where the bar code is hidden under a perforated tear away strip. Don't get the old style where the bar code is plainly visible that can be compromised.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Oct 13, 2002
5537 posts
1961 upvotes
greg123 wrote: Personally I find CT prices are higher vs other stations as well...

Anyone know what refinery they get their gas from?
For the stations near me, they are cheapest.
Also, the 91 octane doesn't have ethanol so that's a win for me.
They get their gas from any of the big refineries. Shell/Exxon/Chevron? Same as Costco
Life
Deal Addict
Jan 9, 2014
1093 posts
907 upvotes
Edmonton
I've always wondered with CT cards if people can "steal a balance" using just the card number. The CT website doesn't take gift cards last I checked, so how would they do it?
Deal Addict
User avatar
Oct 7, 2007
2813 posts
1703 upvotes
Edmonton
Hindustunna wrote: You always seem to get 1-2 cards that don't work, (either stolen codes/never scan properly) that easily negates any bonus
Must be you're unlucky. Never had issues and as another rfder mentioned most cards now are with hidden barcodes!
Newbie
Jul 30, 2018
65 posts
71 upvotes
Can I get cash back on my td cash back credit card?
The card collects 3% cash back money if you purchase in market and gas stations.
Deal Guru
User avatar
Sep 21, 2005
13355 posts
12123 upvotes
mdzakin wrote: Can I get cash back on my td cash back credit card?
The card collects 3% cash back money if you purchase in market and gas stations.
Yes, if you buy CT gas with your 3% using TD cash back card
No, if you buy CT GC at SDM.
No, if you buy CT gas with CT GC.
Have too many phones... This is how I limit my monthly phone payment.
Public Mobile $34 15GB, $11 250MB, 2x $5 50min/50text, $0 FPL home phone,
Fido $5 4GB plan with a free tablet.

Top