Disinfecting Wipes $2.79

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 20th, 2020 9:25 am
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
15037 posts
12135 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
cwangs wrote: How does that cash card work?
A Costco Cash Card = Essentially a GC ... by just another name
It can be used online @ Costco.ca
And IN NORMAL TIMES ... instore by going to the Customer Service Desk to register as a Visitor
If one is NOT A COSTCO MEMBER

In recent years, Costco has clamped down on Visitors ... and how often they visit in a year
(Once to check it out ... ok ... multiple annual visits ... claiming these GCs were “gifts” ... not so happily welcomed. They’ll tell you ... you can go ahead and use it online. Warehouse prices are also lower than online prices ...and as this pandemic has shown, stock goes to the warehouses first ... Costco.ca is a secondary access for Costco. I have also heard that during this Covid Crap, that Costco puts their MEMBERS NEEDS FIRST ... so some / many warehouses will not be issuing any Visitor Passes )

Secret to finding Essentials at Costco.ca

Create an online account
Make sure your DELIVERY POSTAL Code is updated when you log into the website
It appears at the top left hand corner of Main Page, and on pages when you are researching / making a purchase
(Availability of Products is determined by your Postal Code ... and it’s regional Distribution Centre)
The availability window can be short
We have definitely gotten lucky in the middle of the night
Figuring it has to do with their daily inventory computer updates
And shipping schedule updates
Deal Addict
Jan 12, 2017
1940 posts
1857 upvotes
soupmaster666 wrote: The EPA list of useful disinfectants against COVID-19 does not list No Name products: https://www.epa.gov/pesticide-registrat ... sars-cov-2

And OP your photo does not list the active ingredients. So it's not possible to list what they can be used for and how they should be used.

As a benchmark only, consumer disinfectants can only be used against hard, nonporous surfaces and must remain visibly wet for between 3 and 10 minutes in order to be effective.
Contact Time (in minutes)
The contact time is the amount of time the surface should be treated for. The surface should be visibly wet for the duration of the contact time.

between 3 and 10 minutes

if true, almost everyone is using Lysol wipes wrong.
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
15037 posts
12135 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
@Dreamrider

RE - LYSOL WIPES
& Covid 19

I wrote about this in another thread

anybody-been-able-order-lysol-wipes-cos ... #p32392342
See my Reply # 57 and # 59
Copied here below ...

It’s a case of people not reading the Health Canada / EPA Info correctly
PointsHubby wrote:

The CDC List is definitely more thorough / informative than the Health Canada one

https://www.epa.gov/pesticide-registrat ... sars-cov-2
PointsHubby wrote: 777-114 ... Quaternary ammonium ... Lysol® Disinfecting Wipes (All Scents) ... Reckitt Benckiser ... Rotavirus ... 10 ... Wipe ... Hard nonporous ... Healthcare; Institutional; Residential ... Yes ... 03/13/202

You have to read the entire explanation as presented.

COLUMN 1 = EPA Registration Number
777-114

COLUMN 2 = Active Ingredient(s)
Quaternary Ammonium

COLUMN 3 = Product Name
Lysol Disinfecting Wipes (All Scents)

COLUMN 4 = Company
Reckitt Benckiser

COLUMN 5 = Follow the disinfection directions and preparation for the following virus *1
Rotavirus

COLUMN 6 = Contact time in Minutes *2
10 Minutes

COLUMN 7 = Formulation Type *3
Wipe

COLUMN 8 = Surface Types for Use *4
Hard Non Porous

COLUMN 9 = Use Site *5
Healthcare, Industrial, Residential

COLUMN 10 = Emerging Viral Pathogen Claim *6
YES

COLUMN 11 = Date Added to List N
03/13/20 = March 13, 2020

NOTES
1- If this column shows something other than human coronavirus, that means it works against a harder-to-kill virus. If you follow the contact time listed here for this harder-to-kill virus, EPA expects the product to be effective against SARS-CoV-2. All products on this list meet EPA's criteria for use against SARS-CoV-2 regardless of what is shown in this column. 

2- The contact time is the amount of time the surface should be treated for. The surface should be visibly wet for the duration of the contact time.

3- Dilutable: Dilutable liquid
RTU: Ready-To-Use
Impregnated materials: product with the disinfectant built into it

4- This column tells you the types of surfaces on which the disinfectant can be used (e.g., non-porous surfaces like doorknobs or stainless steel counters, or porous surfaces such as fabric).

5- This column tells you where the disinfectant can be used:
* Healthcare: Hospital, dental or other healthcare facilities
* Institutional: Schools, office buildings, and restaurants
* Residential: Homes

6- If a product qualified for the emerging viral pathogen claim, it is effective against a harder-to-kill virus than human coronavirus. All products on this list meet EPA’s criteria for use against SARS-CoV-2, including those marked as “No” in this column.
Another words ...
Column 5, and Note 1 (and Note 2)
Lysol Wipes are very effective at killing the harder to kill Rotavirus when you utilize the contact time listed in Column 6

As we know that Coronavirus is a less hard to kill virus, then 10 Minutes would be more than enough time.

Plus by all accounts I have read, or heard from CDC etc ... the Coronavirus is quite easy to kill ... it doesn’t put up much of a fight against common soap & water, let alone a disinfectant. So at least personally, I have no qualms using Lysol Wipes (or Clorox Wipes) or any other of these 2 companies products added to my cleaning routine.

As it seems to me the advice here is quite similar to hand washing ... CLEAN OFTEN, more than anything else.

Also of note ... Column 9, and Note 5
Lysol Wipes are approved for ALL Applications ... from Residential, to Industrial, all the way up to Healthcare.

Not every cleaning products have this 3 prong endorsement.

So ya, I have no qualms when it comes to these wipes at all against Covid.
Deal Addict
Jun 13, 2010
2752 posts
2510 upvotes
GTA
Dreamrider wrote: Contact Time (in minutes)
The contact time is the amount of time the surface should be treated for. The surface should be visibly wet for the duration of the contact time.

between 3 and 10 minutes

if true, almost everyone is using Lysol wipes wrong.
It is true, it's in the instructions on the back. This is why I didn't buy any at Costco when I saw them. I don't know how you would keep the surface wet with a wipe for up to 10 minutes. Most people are just giving things a quick wipe and think that they have disinfected the surface and are safe.