Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Freebies

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Shoppers Drug Mart

Free Guru Energy Drink

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 23rd, 2021 7:49 pm
Banned
May 7, 2007
13912 posts
5708 upvotes
Balduno wrote: Never seen in person the can on the left.

Both cans do say Bio near the top. Maybe it’s just a new design.

What flavour is the one on the left?
I don't know ... I'd assume regular flavor, just as the one on the right.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2007
1936 posts
1167 upvotes
Edmonton
I have every can except that black lettering one Darkman posted and a Blue one (Yerba Mate). I pick 1 up every day on my way home from work :0
Banned
May 7, 2007
13912 posts
5708 upvotes
dj_rice wrote: I have every can except that black lettering one Darkman posted and a Blue one (Yerba Mate). I pick 1 up every day on my way home from work :0
Which ones do you have?

So far I have 3 only ... white (light) and two of those red ones (on my pic), white vs black letters.

Circle K has way more than that.

So which one do you have?

Today I'll stop at different Shoppers and see if they got any different can (somehow I doubt it).
Banned
May 7, 2007
13912 posts
5708 upvotes
Darkman wrote: Which ones do you have?

So far I have 3 only ... white (light) and two of those red ones (on my pic), white vs black letters.

Today I'll stop at different Shoppers and see if they got any different can (somehow I doubt it).
Stopped there ... there was nothing different there. Same red and white cans.

Took one ... some stupid cashier is telling me I have to pay taxes ... 49 cents or something like that...

I go .. NOPE ... other stores don't charge you taxes ... and my mother redeemed it without a need to pay tax as well.

She just didn't do it ... Ended up calling some Front Store Manager or something like that ... who was as moronic as the cashier ... stuck up for the obese cashier basically ... and didn't let it go.
Her eyes didn't look very intelligent either ...
I started to lose my temper a bit ... then figured it's useless ... took my coupon and left ... ( my wife was at the dentist next door, so no issues (re: driving there specifically for this GURU for nothing :) ).

Told them as I was leaving, that I hope I won't need to return at their store in the future.

On the way back ... stopped at two more shoppers (that didn't visit before) ... and redeemed one at each store without any problems.

Nothing new though ... same red and white cans ... not even black letters GURU (as they carry at my mother's store) :)
Feb 23, 2019
73 posts
310 upvotes
Darkman wrote: I see the difference now, when i put them side by side ... -- the one with white letters says Organic ... and the one with black letters says BIO Organic

No other shoppers has that Bio Organic one (with black letters on it), but the one near my mother's place.

WTF is Bio Organic ... and what is the difference between it and just Organic?

Actually ...the one that doesn't say bio ...has bio mention on top as well (in smaller letters) ...so maybe it's the same shit, just from different pile lol :D

Pic ....

I believe that the black lettering was simply an old design! Maybe double check the expiry date...
They refreshed the graphics (White Lettering) on all their products when they released the Matcha flavor.
Banned
May 7, 2007
13912 posts
5708 upvotes
Bzzzzt wrote: It says "void if reproduced" which means photocopied, but some cashiers might claim your print is a photocopy.

Anyway, are you guys printing in black and white or color?
I print in black and white
Banned
May 7, 2007
13912 posts
5708 upvotes
wei2gg wrote: I believe that the black lettering was simply an old design! Maybe double check the expiry date...
They refreshed the graphics (White Lettering) on all their products when they released the Matcha flavor.
Hmmm ... maybe you are onto something here ....

White letters: Exp. 09/2022

Black letters: Exp. 06/2021

Probably black letters from store near my mother's place = old(er) leftovers that they have in stock ... and soon they will switch to the white letters as well.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2007
1936 posts
1167 upvotes
Edmonton
Darkman wrote: Which ones do you have?

I got green can (matcha) , a full red can, and a silver can. Can't find any blue cans in Shoppers. But I see them at Circle K
Banned
May 7, 2007
13912 posts
5708 upvotes
dj_rice wrote: I got green can (matcha) , a full red can, and a silver can. Can't find any blue cans in Shoppers. But I see them at Circle K
Never saw Green can in any of Winnipeg's Shoppers to-date.

Having the one with Black letters now .... (exp. 06/2021) ... I find it a bit flat ...

Maybe because it's kind of old.

Probably good idea to try and get Red can with white letters instead of black letters ... it's more likely more fresh, more carbonated and therefore probably tastes better
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2007
1936 posts
1167 upvotes
Edmonton
I've been collecting at various parts of the city locations and its hit and miss.

Some stores, give it totally free. One store flat out said "we dont accept printed internet coupons". Other stores I have to pay the deposit and tax on it. I aint going to argue its 0.20 cents for a free product but just weird there isnt the same procedure across the board. But free is free. Got 2 in one go last night.
Banned
May 7, 2007
13912 posts
5708 upvotes
dj_rice wrote: I've been collecting at various parts of the city locations and its hit and miss.

Some stores, give it totally free. One store flat out said "we dont accept printed internet coupons". Other stores I have to pay the deposit and tax on it. I aint going to argue its 0.20 cents for a free product but just weird there isnt the same procedure across the board. But free is free. Got 2 in one go last night.
It's the matter on principle, lol ... It's like a game.

This chit, regardless, how much they sell it for ... is quite bad (to me anyhow), not sure if it's even worth 40something cents. I surely wouldn't pay 40 - 50 cents for it, lol :)

Besides ... I am not in Alberta ... we pay provincial tax here as well ... :) ;)
Banned
May 7, 2007
13912 posts
5708 upvotes
Got 2 more guru today.

No more black letters ... Those are flat taste. Expire soon

May get 3rd one today .. later
Sep 10, 2010
929 posts
1816 upvotes
Darkman wrote: It's the matter on principle, lol ... It's like a game.

This chit, regardless, how much they sell it for ... is quite bad (to me anyhow), not sure if it's even worth 40something cents. I surely wouldn't pay 40 - 50 cents for it, lol :)

Besides ... I am not in Alberta ... we pay provincial tax here as well ... :) ;)
You say that but...

You seem to be going out of your way for it. Unless you are walking you are spending more than .40 cents gas.
Darkman wrote: Got 2 more guru today.

No more black letters ... Those are flat taste. Expire soon

May get 3rd one today .. later

Anyway you do you. :)

Picked one up today. Totally free, didn't have to pay taxes but had coins in my pocket just in case. I don't mind paying that little bit if needed.
Banned
May 7, 2007
13912 posts
5708 upvotes
jnunavut wrote: You say that but...

You seem to be going out of your way for it. Unless you are walking you are spending more than .40 cents gas.

Anyway you do you. :)

Picked one up today. Totally free, didn't have to pay taxes but had coins in my pocket just in case. I don't mind paying that little bit if needed.
close to 50 cents wasn't a little for this chit, lol ... I'd rather have a can of pop for same money or less already.

Anyhow ... all of those shoppers were not out of my way ... stopped at Circle K at first (also for freebies), the Shoppers is across the street there from circle K,

Went to CIBC after, Shoppers is next to it basically. On the way home later on, stopped at our local shoppers and got that 3rd guru there, as planned :)
Temp. Banned
Feb 11, 2015
6665 posts
46630 upvotes
Toronto, ON
saves my feet from walking 8 minutes one way than back doing something between drawing circles with my soles and marching...

I don't drink energy drinks.
Deal Guru
Jun 18, 2012
10568 posts
5208 upvotes
Toronto
what do u guys think's better mixed with alcohol, guru or red bull?
Banned
Feb 23, 2004
7940 posts
3539 upvotes
ManCaveGamer wrote: what do u guys think's better mixed with alcohol, guru or red bull?
Sounds like a taste test is in order.
Banned
May 7, 2007
13912 posts
5708 upvotes
ManCaveGamer wrote: what do u guys think's better mixed with alcohol, guru or red bull?
Coke Energy, I bet.

It tastes pleasant :)

I tried regular one (via circle k contest) ... and just won another one (via same contest) ... Gonna try the Coke Energy cherry flavor next time I am at Circle K ... should also taste okay methink ......
Deal Guru
Jun 18, 2012
10568 posts
5208 upvotes
Toronto
honestly i am so tempted to try that new coke energy... it's right next to the guru's at SDM, but since I get guru's for free i'll stick to that

I think coke's most people's favourite soft drink

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)