[Shoppers Drug Mart] Garmin Venu $299.99

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 23rd, 2021 8:51 pm
[OP]
Jan 13, 2021
2 posts
17 upvotes

[Shoppers Drug Mart] Garmin Venu $299.99

I believe this is all time low for the Garmin Venu, two colors are available (Black or White&Gold). Free standard shipping.

Edit: This works with the 25k bonus point offer for spending $75 or more online. This effectively brings the price of the watch down to $275.
Last edited by Aeroze on Jun 19th, 2021 1:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
20 replies
Mar 15, 2019
937 posts
1076 upvotes
this is HOT.

but im happy with my huawei GT2. comes with speaker and mic, and bluetooth music. Only thing missing is NFC
-------------------
GO zoomers ~
$36 4GB UNLIMITED voicemail + a free phone / 2yr
Deal Fanatic
Feb 2, 2011
8566 posts
3341 upvotes
Toronto
Are you able to do returns if you open this? Debating between this and the Fenix 6X.

I realise they're vastly different.
Feb 4, 2017
385 posts
367 upvotes
Variability wrote: Are you able to do returns if you open this? Debating between this and the Fenix 6X.

I realise they're vastly different.
Shoppers is no returns on open electronics.

You could buy and hold onto it.

It's also 20x points today for everyone instore if I'm not mistaken so quite decent if you can find inventory.

The bonus 25k points is from their online promo for all orders over $75
Images
  • Screenshot_20210619-085216_Shoppers.jpg
Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2004
1586 posts
802 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I had one as a gift and sold it after playing with for a few weeks. Compared to my Apple watch 5 (or my old 3), it is slow and the watch software and phone app are less polished. However, it is a very good sports watch with little distractions. If you need a good activity tracker, this is not a bad choice at this price with the pts bonus.
Deal Fanatic
May 29, 2003
6993 posts
3002 upvotes
GTA
ericw wrote: I had one as a gift and sold it after playing with for a few weeks. Compared to my Apple watch 5 (or my old 3), it is slow and the watch software and phone app are less polished. However, it is a very good sports watch with little distractions. If you need a good activity tracker, this is not a bad choice at this price with the pts bonus.
Different purpose. Garmin is arguably a way better fitness tracker than an apple watch that wouldn't last a day.
Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2004
1586 posts
802 upvotes
Toronto, ON
cy wrote: Different purpose. Garmin is arguably a way better fitness tracker than an apple watch that wouldn't last a day.
Actually, in terms of battery life, my non-GPS apple watch 5 lasts about 2 days in default settings and the Venu lasted similar 2-2.5 days (with Always on Display and continuous monitoring).
Venu CAN last longer if you cut it to barebone functions and keep the default brightness.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 24, 2011
5045 posts
3416 upvotes
Toronto and London
I have the recently released Venu 2 which is outstanding. If you care about your fitness, nothing beats garmin smart watches.
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2017
1581 posts
445 upvotes
Toronto
Does this have pulseOX?
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2005
4289 posts
3418 upvotes
Markham
does this watch store and plays music?
Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2004
1586 posts
802 upvotes
Toronto, ON
ysl5710 wrote: Does this have pulseOX?
Yes it does. I got 1-3% lower with Venu compared to Apple. Not sure which one is more accurate.
Deal Fanatic
May 29, 2003
6993 posts
3002 upvotes
GTA
ericw wrote: Actually, in terms of battery life, my non-GPS apple watch 5 lasts about 2 days in default settings and the Venu lasted similar 2-2.5 days (with Always on Display and continuous monitoring).
Venu CAN last longer if you cut it to barebone functions and keep the default brightness.
Yeah, but you are now comparing a non AOD and non GPS apple watch just to match up against a full featured Garmin for the same battery life.

Personally, I track activities and health using my watch and very used to 5+ days of battery. I can never go back to charging almost every day. I also wear it 24/7 for that purpose so weight is important as well.

Apple watch is the best smart watch, Garmin is one of the best activity tracker IMO :)
Deal Fanatic
May 29, 2003
6993 posts
3002 upvotes
GTA
FYI - my local store price is still $479 and they do not price match their own online shop. Would have been sweet to stack the 20x points. :(
Deal Expert
Aug 6, 2001
15341 posts
3203 upvotes
Stuck in a Box
RiftOfChaos wrote: I have the recently released Venu 2 which is outstanding. If you care about your fitness, nothing beats garmin smart watches.
I don’t have this but I did switch over to garmin from Fitbit ecosystem, and Android watches, to Garmin Vivoactive and it’s amazing for everything it does
Aug 24, 2010
739 posts
179 upvotes
For those who care more about battery life than the OLED screen, I’d recommend the Vivoactive 4. Got one for myself a month ago and loving it so far. Has a lot of functionality and seems to last 4-5 days (running every other day for an hour with Bluetooth earphones on). I still question if I should switch to the Apple Watch sometimes just because I have an iPhone but I can’t get myself to wear that square shaped block on my wrist.
May 1, 2019
316 posts
698 upvotes
Smithers, BC
Going to echo the comments about the Garmin and fitness tracking ability. Outshines Fitbit in everything but sleep. This is a good deal, but I would also go to Vivoactive 4 over this for better battery, though weaker display. Waiting for a sale on that.
Jan 14, 2008
231 posts
112 upvotes
vencc wrote: For those who care more about battery life than the OLED screen, I’d recommend the Vivoactive 4. Got one for myself a month ago and loving it so far. Has a lot of functionality and seems to last 4-5 days (running every other day for an hour with Bluetooth earphones on). I still question if I should switch to the Apple Watch sometimes just because I have an iPhone but I can’t get myself to wear that square shaped block on my wrist.
I have had the vivoactive 3, 4 and venu. The battery life on the Venu is very good. I use gps twice a day and I am getting 5 days of battery life. That is pretty darn good for OLED screen smartwatch. The Vivoactive 4 does give you slightly better battery life but the Venu is no slouch. Plus the screen is really nice. For $299 I would recommend it. The Venu 2 looks to be a great watch that I can't wait to try when it goes on sale.
Jun 9, 2019
300 posts
580 upvotes
ericw wrote: I had one as a gift and sold it after playing with for a few weeks. Compared to my Apple watch 5 (or my old 3), it is slow and the watch software and phone app are less polished. However, it is a very good sports watch with little distractions. If you need a good activity tracker, this is not a bad choice at this price with the pts bonus.
Had a similar experience as well. Garmin cannot compete with the UI of WatchOS. It's clunky and unintuitive in contrast.
Feb 13, 2019
4 posts
5 upvotes
Heads-up, this is back in stock and now comes with 50,000 PC Optimum points due to the spend $150 offer, effectively bringing it down to $250.