Expired Hot Deals

[Shoppers Drug Mart] Get 7,500 bonus points when you buy a $50 Google Play Gift Card

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 18th, 2020 6:36 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 15, 2015
2042 posts
1614 upvotes
Montreal, QC

[Shoppers Drug Mart] Get 7,500 bonus points when you buy a $50 Google Play Gift Card

Get 7,500 bonus points when you buy a $50 Google Play Gift Card.
Offer valid from Saturday, December 14, 2019 to Friday, December 20, 2019.

*Points are issued on the purchase of eligible products using a valid PC Optimum Card. Cannot be used with any other offer or promotion. Offer valid December 14 - 20, 2019, while quantities last. Points to be awarded to your account by January 10, 2020 for eligible transactions. Gift or financial cards may not be used to purchase additional gift or financial cards. Bonus points will not be issued for transactions in which a gift card or a financial card is used as tender to pay for additional gift or financial cards. We reserve the right to limit quantities. No rainchecks. Offer may be changed or terminated at any time without notice. See cashier for details. No refunds on any gift card purchase. Google Play and the Google Play logo are trademarks of Google LLC.
28 replies
Mar 26, 2015
206 posts
516 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Alekxqin wrote: Bonus points will not be issued for transactions in which a gift card or a financial card is used as tender to pay for additional gift or financial cards.
Can you pay with a debit card and still get the bonus points? I paid with a debit card and did not see the points on my account?
Jan 19, 2007
594 posts
205 upvotes
Toronto
Is this in the flyer or can I find this in the PC Optimum app?
Deal Fanatic
Aug 19, 2015
5468 posts
5105 upvotes
Downtown Canada
quasarito wrote: Can you pay with a debit card and still get the bonus points? I paid with a debit card and did not see the points on my account?
You can use a credit card or debit card to pay for th gift card.
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2004
2733 posts
772 upvotes
Montreal
If people can wait they usually do the same offer but with 10k points once or twice a year.
| Intel I7 9700K | Asus Z390-E Gaming | Kingston HX426C13PB3k2/32 @ 2666mhz | Asus Strix RTX 2080 Super | 970 Evo Plus 500gb NVMe | Seasonic 750PX | Define R6 USB-C | H115I Pro | Klipsch R-41PM | Dell U3818DW | Logitech Craft | Logitech MX Master 3S |
Deal Addict
Feb 9, 2012
3742 posts
461 upvotes
Toronto
Can you use this to pay for YouTube Premium?
Mar 26, 2015
206 posts
516 upvotes
Montreal, QC
cessnabmw wrote: Can you use this to pay for YouTube Premium?
I would assume so. I use it to pay for Google Play Music and Google Drive One.
Jan 12, 2017
111 posts
133 upvotes
vancouver
From what I am reading, you can pay with credit card but won't get the bonus points if you do
Aug 10, 2013
43 posts
35 upvotes
Ontario, Canada
I thought about this fine print and the explanation is the following :

- You could not use a PC/Shoppers gift card to get the bonus points for this promotion

- You also could not get the bonus points for this promotion if you used a PC financial credit/debit card.

Bonus points can be earned by paying with any other non PC credit/debit card or cash

As for uses of the gift card

YouTube Premium Subscription (Includes YouTube Music)

YouTube TV Subscription ( If you utilize a VPN )

Google One Online Cloud Storage Subscription

Google Stadia Online Gaming Subscription

Google Movies, Google Ebooks, Any Playstore Apps

But you cannot use the gift card for hardware purchases

And yes definitely be on the lookout for the 10k point promotion although the 7500 was an alright deal too!

*EDIT* Also FYI points earned on this promotion also may not appear until Jan 10 as per fine print....in case any of you may not see them yet
Nov 13, 2017
34 posts
22 upvotes
So I bought 4 of these on separate transactions and then on December 25, 4 adjustments of 5000 points each showed up on my statement. I also seem to have received an additional 1000 points per transaction for elite on the days that I bought them and then I guess the normal 2.5% is lumped in with my normal credit card rewards? Its really opaque.
Last edited by blacknail on Jan 4th, 2020 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Feb 4, 2005
118 posts
25 upvotes
blacknail wrote: So I bought 4 of these on separate transactions and then on December 25, 4 adjustments of 5000 points each showed up on my statement. I also seem to have received an additional 1000 points per transaction for elite on the days that I bought them and then I guess the normal 2.5% is lumped in with my normal credit card rewards? Its really opaque.
Slightly different for me. I bought two cards so I believe I should have gotten 15,000 pts. However, I did get a 10,000 pts adjustment already a few days after purchase. Still missing the other 5,000 somehow. I'll give them to Jan 10th before contacting them :(
Aug 15, 2005
83 posts
8 upvotes
Markham
It's 2 days since Jan 10th, I don't see those bonus points in my account. Did anyone get their bonus points?
Nov 30, 2015
113 posts
96 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
I also wondered about this. I saw an adjustment of 5000 points on Dec 25 but wasn't sure if it was in relation to this 7500 point promo.
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2007
1237 posts
536 upvotes
Calgary, AB
azndoodle wrote: It's 2 days since Jan 10th, I don't see those bonus points in my account. Did anyone get their bonus points?
Are you looking at the original transaction or for a current points adjustment? The other ones show as a current points adjustment. (I didn't take this offer, but hoping to help:-))