Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Shoppers Drug Mart

Get 7,500 PCO points for every $50 you spend on Uber Eats or Netflix Gift Cards (June 12-18)

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 27th, 2021 1:17 am
Jul 27, 2010
55 posts
53 upvotes
Vancouver
Bought $200 Netflix card in Richmond Centre Shoppers. 7% tax is charged. I didn't read the thread at that time so I felt very odd when checking out. I thought when I redeem the card it should be $214 in my account but it turns out only $200. Are we double taxed???

Edit: Just found this page. Huge amount of complaints on Shoppers for charging PST on gift cards. It's clearly said if you buy the same gift cards in other places like London Drugs, they won't charge PST. I can't believe this has been happening every day for years with nothing changed. Who knows where all the PST goes? Shoppers is robbing!

https://www.consumerprotectionbc.ca/201 ... gift-card/
Deal Addict
Jul 20, 2010
4539 posts
1868 upvotes
Ottawa
locodawg wrote: Same here...with previous Netflix promo I got it right away.
Anybody got a clear image of the deal with dates? Need it to submit a points inquiry
Deal Addict
May 3, 2008
2700 posts
1758 upvotes
Markham
john.canad wrote: Anybody got a clear image of the deal with dates? Need it to submit a points inquiry
it has been discussed a gazillion times here you have to wait 2-4 weeks...
Did you rec points immediately last time even the ad specifically said 2-4 weeks wait time ? SDM gc promo always have a wait time as far as I can remember. Loblaws are immediate.
Deal Expert
Mar 25, 2003
16846 posts
5317 upvotes
Markham
john.canad wrote: Anybody got a clear image of the deal with dates? Need it to submit a points inquiry
6CF8E945-4173-4F7C-890D-321BCCE546A5.png
48TB Node 304 / i5-3570 / Server 2016 Essentials
12TB HP Mediasmart EX 495 (E8400, 3.0GHZ, 4GB Mushkin), with Server 2016 Essentials
16TB Qnap TS-459 Pro
Deal Fanatic
Nov 2, 2003
5016 posts
1318 upvotes
SK
Flipp.com has the flyer up still. Bottom of the 9th page for me.
Reading the fine print says “Please allow up to approximately 2-4 weeks for points to be posted to your valid PC Optimum account.”
They do this because you don’t usually get points on Gift Cards. Last time it took a week to see the points for me.
Dec 17, 2014
711 posts
224 upvotes
Dai_Lo wrote: yah the deal was live probably whole day yesterday but only leaked on RFD around 11:30pm PST and ended around 12:30am PST. something like that. many reports of people buying multiple uber eats GC on amazon. they scored big time
Damn. I missed the deal. Was there a separate thread on RFD?
Deal Guru
May 9, 2007
13752 posts
4118 upvotes
Vancouver Island, BC
ahsalloum wrote: Has anyone in BC NOT been charged PST on a Netflix gift card?
Yes, I bought $600 worth of Netflix cards in Duncan, BC on June 16 and was charged a total of $600.
Global warming will be exceeded during the 21st century unless deep reductions in carbon dioxide (CO2) and other greenhouse gas emissions occur (United Nations IPCC Report 2021)

Every disaster film starts with scientists being ignored
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2012
2953 posts
3212 upvotes
Surrey
MexiCanuck wrote: Yes, I bought $600 worth of Netflix cards in Duncan, BC on June 16 and was charged a total of $600.
During the last promo at SDM, I bought $100 Netflix gc and wasn’t charged tax at a Surrey location.

On a side note, I can’t believe I missed the Amazon deal. I usually check RFD before sleeping but I just had to sleep earlier on that particular day Unamused Face
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2007
1140 posts
686 upvotes
Where's the thread for the Amazon deal? I can't find it
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2012
1033 posts
532 upvotes
Toronto
So today is the last day for the SDM Uber/Netflix promo where the points will take 2 weeks to populate? So $500 Uber Eats Gift cards = $75 back in points + 30% off 5 orders weekend = no bbq'ing needed this Sunday.
Deal Addict
May 27, 2007
3978 posts
1356 upvotes
YWG
Picked up 250 at the clutch. Used today with the 75% off coupon thx
RFD iTrader:76|||0
HEATWARE:15|||0
EBAY:220|||0
Mar 31, 2017
591 posts
571 upvotes
Guys keep us posted once you get points in your account. I hope there will not be any back and forth for the points with customer care.
Deal Guru
Apr 26, 2004
12714 posts
3155 upvotes
Mississauga
Capindy wrote: Guys keep us posted once you get points in your account. I hope there will not be any back and forth for the points with customer care.
Yeah, I'm just 3000+ points shy of 100,000 and SDM is having a bonus redemption event this weekend. I'd love for my Netflix GC points to be added in before then so I can take advantage of the promo and get Ratchet & Clank and some other stuff.
Aug 3, 2009
95 posts
180 upvotes
Capindy wrote: Guys keep us posted once you get points in your account. I hope there will not be any back and forth for the points with customer care.
Well, Customer Care just asked me for Proof of this offer after I submitted my claim.
Thanks to the person who posted a screenshot earlier in this thread.

This along with the double tax in B.C. really doesn't make this worthwhile for the future.
Mar 31, 2017
591 posts
571 upvotes
Aleks9 wrote: Well, Customer Care just asked me for Proof of this offer after I submitted my claim.
Thanks to the person who posted a screenshot earlier in this thread.

This along with the double tax in B.C. really doesn't make this worthwhile for the future.
To be on safer side I open point inquiry on my app, let’s see how does it goes.

Update : I received email confirmation that points will be added after 4 weeks of promo
Banned
Oct 26, 2016
444 posts
297 upvotes
savemoresaveoften wrote: anyone get their pts ? We are at the 2 weeks mark I believe
I'm still waiting. I hope they come automatically as I have lost the reciept and won't be able to start an inquiry Disappointed Face
Deal Addict
Apr 9, 2010
2454 posts
2748 upvotes
Toronto
d0m056 wrote: I'm still waiting. I hope they come automatically as I have lost the reciept and won't be able to start an inquiry Disappointed Face
You can still start an inquiry with the app, no need for a receipt then. Just go to "Points" and then "Transactions" and then the transaction in the app. After you click on the transaction, there will be an option at the bottom to report missing points for the transaction.

I have not received any points yet as well.
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
16933 posts
33251 upvotes
Scarborough
savemoresaveoften wrote: anyone get their pts ? We are at the 2 weeks mark I believe
I just checked and I got 7,500 points on June 25th. I should've received 4x that amount. Not sure if I should try doing an inquiry now or in 2 weeks?
RFD Staff - Currently AFK; PM CarrieRFD your RFD related questions
[Forum Rules] [Deal Alerts]

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)