• Last Updated:
  • Apr 21st, 2020 8:08 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
May 28, 2007
1106 posts
408 upvotes

Shoppers Drug Mart is Giving Priority Access to Healthcare Workers

Shoppers Drug Mart is showing their appreciation to those working to keep us healthy by offering priority shopping access to Frontline Healthcare workers.

This will help save time for those at the frontlines by offering them priority entrance to the store -- meaning they'd move to the front of any line at the entrance, and allow them do pharmacy drop off and pick up at the front cash.

To take advantage of priority access, frontline healthcare workers will need to show a piece of identification of their role.

At this time Shoppers Drug Mart is also offering senior shopping hours during the first hour of opening every day.

https://www.redflagdeals.com/latest-new ... e-workers/
7 replies
[OP]
Deal Addict
May 28, 2007
1106 posts
408 upvotes
Priority to get in the front of the line at the entrance. It sounds like priority to get in the front of any line at the pharmacy section and the front cash too. Does the latter sound right? Just wonder what you'd say when someone in line speaks up against you cutting in front? Say to them, since I work in a hospital, do you really want me spending more time in here with you than is necessary in case I recently caught the virus?
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2016
2933 posts
3231 upvotes
its stupid time for all stores. they are putting those more at risk of getting this virus with the most at risk of dying that we are trying to protect at the same times.
Deal Addict
Feb 23, 2015
1988 posts
747 upvotes
Brampton, ON
What is this thread. Good for shoppers drug mart!
Apr 6, 2008
478 posts
378 upvotes
Toronto
waven101 wrote: its stupid time for all stores. they are putting those more at risk of getting this virus with the most at risk of dying that we are trying to protect at the same times.
A little bit of reading goes a long way. There are 2 seperate perks. Senior hour happens 1 hour before stores officially open. Healthcare workers priority happens during regular business hours, they can skip the whole line and just enter the store.

If a store is 8am to midnight, seniors hour is 8-9am and healthcare workers priority is 9am -midnight
Deal Addict
Sep 20, 2008
1313 posts
660 upvotes
I definitely wouldn't mind giving up my place in line to health care workers. They're doing us all a huge service, and if getting them off their feet faster or home to relax faster costs me some time, so be it.
Sep 19, 2009
640 posts
516 upvotes
Ottawa
3ajs wrote: A little bit of reading goes a long way. There are 2 seperate perks. Senior hour happens 1 hour before stores officially open. Healthcare workers priority happens during regular business hours, they can skip the whole line and just enter the store.

If a store is 8am to midnight, seniors hour is 8-9am and healthcare workers priority is 9am -midnight
And what if I’m a 67 year old doctor? Expressionless Face
Deal Fanatic
Dec 28, 2007
8060 posts
4455 upvotes
Alberta
No need for front of the line at my SDM. Not once have I seen anyone line up there since this social distancing started. There’s usually 1-2 other people on the store.