Hot Deals

Shoppers Drug Mart

Highly YMMV (Quebec city only?) Shopper's drug mart Canon camera: $500 EOS M50 and $300 EOS M200

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 13th, 2023 3:12 pm
[OP]
Feb 18, 2008
750 posts
1573 upvotes

[Shoppers Drug Mart] Highly YMMV (Quebec city only?) Shopper's drug mart Canon camera: $500 EOS M50 and $300 EOS M200

I don't know if there are other stores at that price, but I wanted to post it in case someone is interested and get lucky at his/her local store.

I've seen at the Pharmaprix on Quatre-Bourgeois (Québec city) these clearances:
- Canon EOS M50 Mark II camera at $500
- Canon EOS M200 Mirrorless Camera at $300
- Canon EF 50mm F/1.8 II Lens at $75

I know that this deal is not largely available, but I still wanted to post it for those living in Quebec city.
13 replies
Jun 1, 2008
463 posts
585 upvotes
London
Solid prices for these cameras if you can find them. I just picked up the m50 mkii from Amazon last month for $825 which I thought was a decent price. Been a great camera that has exceeded my expectations so far.

Thanks for sharing loletifie.
Sep 6, 2011
280 posts
321 upvotes
La Malbaie
It's really cheap but the EOS M system is barely on life support, meaning they shouldn't develop it any further and cameras are already discontinued in Japan. If you're happy with the camera as-is, with the kit lens, it's a great buy for the price. But if you plan to invest in additional lenses, go with the EOS R lineup which is future proof.

I upvoted because price is great. Just wanted to warn others to do some research about different Canon mounts if they're serious getting into photography.
Jul 22, 2020
192 posts
221 upvotes
Vancouver Island
Great prices for sure but like the other poster mentioned the ef-m lens system is a dead platform now. The only new lenses coming will be third party.
Feb 11, 2022
274 posts
621 upvotes
loletifie wrote: I don't know if there are other stores at that price, but I wanted to post it in case someone is interested and get lucky at his/her local store.

I've seen at the Pharmaprix on Quatre-Bourgeois (Québec city) these clearances:
- Canon EOS M50 Mark II camera at $500
- Canon EOS M200 Mirrorless Camera at $300
- Canon EF 50mm F/1.8 II Lens at $75

I know that this deal is not largely available, but I still wanted to post it for those living in Quebec city.
Does M50 come with the kit lense?
Deal Addict
Dec 16, 2011
3001 posts
1428 upvotes
QC, Canada
I want to start pictures with a cheap kit, should I buy m50 or m200 mk2? Even if the lenses mount is dead, I don't mind since I'll find plenty of cheap lenses on marketplace Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Cold Sweat
Edit ok just checked the spec, the m50 is definately better Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Cold Sweat
Deal Addict
Sep 12, 2007
2908 posts
1015 upvotes
I had the same question regarding the 2, in terms of which is better. Quality of pictures will be the same, because it's the same exact sensor. The M50 has some additional features, hot shoe, viewfinder, spot metering, etc.. maybe they will help you get a better picture but IQ wise, it's the same sensor.

https://cameradecision.com/compare/Cano ... 50-Mark-II

Depends if those features are worth $200 to you or not, in addition to the larger size.

Checked 2 locations near me with stocktrack showing stock, seems it's correct for stock, but not on sale, everything regular price

Great prices for those that can find them on sale/clearance!
Feb 28, 2020
335 posts
981 upvotes
I had a M200 and it was alright, but it was lacking many features of modern cameras (USB-C charging, better ISO range, electronic viewfinder, etc) which made it feel not much of an improvement over a smartphone camera. Along with the lack of lens support going forward, it wasn’t my best purchase. I officially jumped ship with the London Drugs boxing week sale and picked up a Nikon, sold the M200.

That being said, $300 is cheap for a Mirrorless so it might be worth it if your budget is less than $500
Deal Addict
Jan 28, 2013
1123 posts
2174 upvotes
Scarborough, ONT
ingridis wrote: Does M50 come with the kit lense?
Yes it does, comes with EF-M 15-45mm f/3.5-6.3 IS STM Lens, the ones here in Markham, ONT
Fido Data Plans
Fido Internet
Freedom Mobile
Koodo Home Phone
Deal Addict
Jan 24, 2009
1415 posts
1111 upvotes
Montreal
theSPOOLER wrote: I wanted the Mk II until I saw 4Kp24
Panasonic is much better for video at this price range.
Deal Addict
Sep 12, 2007
2908 posts
1015 upvotes
If anyone finds this lens at this price in Montreal I'd like to buy it from you.
Feb 27, 2016
95 posts
34 upvotes
Artwerks wrote: It's really cheap but the EOS M system is barely on life support, meaning they shouldn't develop it any further and cameras are already discontinued in Japan. If you're happy with the camera as-is, with the kit lens, it's a great buy for the price. But if you plan to invest in additional lenses, go with the EOS R lineup which is future proof.

I upvoted because price is great. Just wanted to warn others to do some research about different Canon mounts if they're serious getting into photography.
M100/200 with the 50 mm 1.8 (needs a 40$ adapter) is a great beginner kit
Dec 1, 2016
124 posts
116 upvotes
theSPOOLER wrote: I wanted the Mk II until I saw 4Kp24
4k24p is fine. Unless you're planning on doing slow mo or something. It's not worth the extra space/bandwidth to go higher framerate if you want high quality 4k video.