• Last Updated:
  • Apr 5th, 2020 8:55 pm
[OP]
Dec 11, 2012
189 posts
544 upvotes
Waterloo

[Shoppers Drug Mart] [Hot] UE Megaboom 3 - $129.99

I was at Shoppers today grabbing some quick essentials and noticed they had the UE Megaboom 3 on sale from $250 to $130.

This is a good deal and might be an all time low from searching previous threads.

Great speaker for a great price. Got replaced by Megablast but the only difference is Wifi and smart integrations. Otherwise the same.

Saw two left in Waterloo at the Boardwalk location.

I’m not encouraging people to go out looking for this. If you want the deal please call in advanced to ask if your Shopper’s has this or if you are already there check electronics. Don’t go just for this and put everyone at risk. If you find a Shopper’s has this when you call ask them to put it to the side and grab that and leave.

I have seen other Shopper’s stock this before.

I was hesitating posting this but it was a good deal.

Stay safe and healthy.

Also, Shopper’s had mega redemption so for $100 of points you can get this for free almost this weekend. Note you will have to spend $140 before tax to use the redemption, so you have to add $10.01 and of fillers.

If you want points I had a coupon for 20x loaded on my account thats good for 2 days. So, check your account. Might need to do the good ol’ household trick to get it. You get 39k points so net cost is about $100.
Images
  • 87EABC5B-94D4-4CCF-84CB-1936BA661B30.jpeg
Last edited by Thecheapindian on Apr 3rd, 2020 2:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
18 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2011
2794 posts
1277 upvotes
West Coast
Still use the original megaboom and love it. Solid product, so this seems like a good deal for a newer generation
Please don't ask or beg for "thanks". Don't act like this is Facebook. If someone found your post helpful, let them decide if they want to make that click. The more you beg, the less you'll get. Cheers
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2008
3254 posts
1590 upvotes
Anyone who has used both, is the megaboom worth twice the price of a standard boom?
Apr 13, 2010
119 posts
187 upvotes
I have a Boom 2 and Megaboom. They sound pretty much the same at low volumes, but the increased bass response of the Megaboom makes it sound more pleasant when you're listening from farther away with the volume turned up.

The Megaboom is ridiculously large, though. If you plan on throwing it into a bag and carrying it around, the Boom is probably much more useful.

Both are great, you can't go wrong. I got the Megaboom for 2/3 the price I paid for the Boom 2, second hand. $130 is a reasonable price for the 3, though, and if you want one, you should probably go for it.
Deal Guru
Jan 30, 2006
11101 posts
1509 upvotes
Vancouver
I suppose BB won’t PM a photo w sale price?
Sep 30, 2009
94 posts
26 upvotes
I have a Megaboom and paid quite a price for it. It was completely worth it. Lots of sound, dunkable, throwable, and 30 hour battery life. I think the MB3 is better in everyway.
Deal Addict
Nov 3, 2006
1281 posts
559 upvotes
Pluto
$169 in Trenton.

Super disappointed. Got excited for a quick minute.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 6, 2002
8102 posts
1035 upvotes
Vancouver
How does this sound 6.5ft away?
Did I post something that interests you? Feel free to PM further questions.
Deal Expert
Apr 16, 2002
20444 posts
21581 upvotes
Toronto
GangStarr wrote: How does this sound 6.5ft away?
I have the original Megaboom. Took it to our kickball games last year . Left it by home plate. Could hear it well even just past 3rd base. Much more than 6.5" away.
Things changed now that I’m a father, I can’t live my life a quarter mile at a time anymore.
Deal Addict
May 8, 2002
4737 posts
1268 upvotes
sprung wrote: I have the original Megaboom. Took it to our kickball games last year . Left it by home plate. Could hear it well even just past 3rd base. Much more than 6.5" away.
Hopefully your bases are more than 6.5" apart lol
Deal Addict
May 8, 2002
4737 posts
1268 upvotes
Keepjov wrote: Any way to check stock online?
They're used to be, but that ended in February IIRC. Only way to check now is by calling.
[OP]
Dec 11, 2012
189 posts
544 upvotes
Waterloo
The speaker is amazing.

I replaced a Harman Kardon Onyx 3 as it was dying and this is way better.

The quality is superb and it does get loud. Used it for about 7 hours so far and still has 80% battery life.

For $130 its a no brainer. At $170 I would still consider it as BB does put it on sale but only for $200.

Also, if you have a 20x points that’s still 51k points.

Some other location in Kitchener-Waterloo have it for $130 as well I was informed.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)