[Shoppers Drug Mart] IT'S BACK! Spend $200 or more on 2+ giftcards, get 8000 Optimum points
- Shoppers Drug Mart
Spend $200+ on 2 or more gift cards (combined value i.e. 2x100, 4x50 etc.) between Nov 4 and Nov 10, and get 8000 optimum points. You can use the offer up to 3 times per SDM account for 24000 points
This is the best way to maximize your points before the annual year-end redemption event.
This promo is valid on all giftcards - not just SDM ones.
Thank you trystee for the fineprint:
Points are issued on the purchase of eligible products using a valid Shoppers Optimum Card. Cannot be used with any other offer or promotion. Offer limited to three (3) eligible transaction per Optimum cardholder number. Offer valid until November 10, 2017, while quantities last. Points to be awarded to your account by Friday, November 17, 2017 for eligible transactions. Gift or financial cards may not be used to purchase additional gift or financial cards. Bonus points will not be issued for transactions in which a gift card or a financial card is used as tender to pay for additional gift or financial cards. We reserve the right to limit quantities. No rainchecks. Offer may be changed or terminated at any time without notice. See cashier for details. No refunds on any gift cards purchases.
Every time there is an optimum post, there are usually calculation related questions, so I'll insert the following example. Please let me know if there are any errors; it's been a while since I've done this.
Let's assume the following:
- I want to buy a Nintendo Switch for $399.99
- I live in Ontario, where tax is 13%
- There's no eco fee for the switch (I don't know, is there?)
What I will do:
- The switch costs $452 after taxes, so I will buy 4 gift cards over two transactions:
>> Transaction #1: 2x$100
>> Transaction #2: 1x$100 & 1x$152
- I will get 20520 Points from the above transaction
>> 2x8000pts from the promo
>> 4520 points for buying SDM GCs (Confirmed)
- I will buy a switch during a 20x the points event using my gift cards, which will get me 79800pts
>> 399x10x20 points (points are only earned on whole dollars, pre-tax)
- the total number of points I will have from the above two transactions will be 100320
- I will spend 95000 of those points at the year end redemption event (last week of Nov/ first week of December), which is usually 95k for $190 or $200. There is also (usually) an electronics super sale in mid November.
TLDR: Buy a switch, get enough points for 3 or 4 games.