Expired Hot Deals

[Shoppers Drug Mart] IT'S BACK! Spend $200 or more on 2+ giftcards, get 8000 Optimum points

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 12th, 2018 10:24 pm
Deal Addict
Sep 9, 2017
1027 posts
754 upvotes
Winnipeg
Got my 24,000 points today too. Thanks OP!

Quick summary:
bought 2 x 100 SDM giftcards - 3X
6,000 Optimum points at time of sale.
24,000 Optimum points bonus today.
18,000 PC points for using my PC Mastercard.
Deal Addict
Jan 19, 2017
1185 posts
378 upvotes
KellyM133398 wrote:
Nov 17th, 2017 1:56 pm
Got my 24,000 points today too. Thanks OP!

Quick summary:
bought 2 x 100 SDM giftcards - 3X
6,000 Optimum points at time of sale.
24,000 Optimum points bonus today.
18,000 PC points for using my PC Mastercard.
My points have not shown up yet.

Just called SDM and CSR said she will credit the points to my acct and it will show up on my acct in 2 to 3 hours. I will find out out if it will show.

Update: the 24k points show up online already.
Dec 21, 2004
627 posts
78 upvotes
Got my 24000 points, bought Petro and Esso gift cards!

Used one of the gift cards today and it worked flawlessly!
Feb 21, 2017
24 posts
4 upvotes
bought 2 SDM $100 and 4 amazon $50. Got my 16K points!
Thanks OP
Feb 28, 2008
75 posts
15 upvotes
Richmond Hill
I have purchased 3 gift cards during this event. One Lowe's and two Esso gift cards worth $200 via this event. Both Esso gift cards worked fine but not Lowe's. When I contacted Shoppers they've asked me to email them the imagines of the receipt and the card, which I did. The problem is that the last 4 digits of the gift card on the receipt doesn't match to my physical gift card. I've tried multiple times contacting Shoppers via email/phone but they basically said I'm out of luck, which is a hard pill to swallow. They've asked me to send them a picture of the gift card that matches to the receipt but how am I suppose to do that when it never matched in the first place? I've asked for supervisor call backs multiple times and has never gotten one call. I've contacted my credit card company and they've opened a case to investigate but I was wondering if anyone has any other suggestions of what I can do to get my money back. Perhaps someone has experienced this in the past or maybe you have other recommendations. Just looking for some help trying to resolvei this...
Deal Fanatic
Sep 21, 2005
9139 posts
8574 upvotes
sflower wrote:
Dec 14th, 2017 2:33 pm
I have purchased 3 gift cards during this event. One Lowe's and two Esso gift cards worth $200 via this event. Both Esso gift cards worked fine but not Lowe's. When I contacted Shoppers they've asked me to email them the imagines of the receipt and the card, which I did. The problem is that the last 4 digits of the gift card on the receipt doesn't match to my physical gift card. I've tried multiple times contacting Shoppers via email/phone but they basically said I'm out of luck, which is a hard pill to swallow. They've asked me to send them a picture of the gift card that matches to the receipt but how am I suppose to do that when it never matched in the first place? I've asked for supervisor call backs multiple times and has never gotten one call. I've contacted my credit card company and they've opened a case to investigate but I was wondering if anyone has any other suggestions of what I can do to get my money back. Perhaps someone has experienced this in the past or maybe you have other recommendations. Just looking for some help trying to resolvei this...
Do you mean the covered PIN code on Lowe's GC does not match or just the last 4 digit of GC number?

I just checked my SDM activation receipt. It only shows the last 4 digits of GC. Without your GC matching the activation receipt, it hard to prove that it was purchased at SDM. This is the reason that I always check the activation receipt against the GC before I leave any store. I was lucky so far without any problem on GCs which I purchased.

Check your receipt again. Is the last 4 digits on your receipt match any 4 consecutive digits on your GC? I have purchased GC with activation receipt not showing the last 4 digits.

Getting CC issuer involve is a good way. Usually, CC issuer almost always sides with the consumer. But if they want to check the activation receipt against your GC, you have nothing to prove.
Have too many phones... This is how I limit my monthly phone payment.
Koodo $30 plan, PM $38 5GB plan, PM $8 plan to replace Speakout,
Zoomer loyalty family plan for 4 lines $117/6GB, $0 FPL home phone
Feb 28, 2008
75 posts
15 upvotes
Richmond Hill
The last 4 digits of the gc number doesn't match the receipt so I'm just waiting for my cc company to see what they will do now. Thx for the reply!
May 23, 2014
864 posts
435 upvotes
canada
sflower wrote:
Dec 20th, 2017 2:01 pm
The last 4 digits of the gc number doesn't match the receipt so I'm just waiting for my cc company to see what they will do now. Thx for the reply!
Go in to the store u bought it when the store manager is in .. in front of everyone, tell the cashiers what happened. And look at the manager in the eye .. now this better never happen to another customer again, I expect every employee to be trained in checking receipts and card numbers within 7 days. After that if they aren't checking and double checking then you'll be looking for a new job. Have a splendid week.