• Last Updated:
  • Jul 10th, 2020 11:23 pm
[OP]
Oct 20, 2004
424 posts
139 upvotes

[Shoppers Drug Mart] KOBO CLARA HD eREADER 119.99

On next weeks' flyer(Jul 11th - Jul 16th) page 10, Shoppers has KOBO CLARA HD eREADER for sale, price is $119.99, if you have 20X points, it will be a good deal.
11 replies
Banned
Jul 16, 2019
123 posts
198 upvotes
Montreal
i can never find stock. checked 4 locations last time.
Nov 14, 2014
587 posts
689 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
Yeah. I think each store has 1 in stock.
Mar 7, 2011
553 posts
496 upvotes
Vancouver
Would PM work on BB or similar places since the price is actually on the flyer?
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2016
2920 posts
5050 upvotes
Toronto
I bought it last time when it was 109.99 walmart-kobo-clara-hd-109-99-2372287/
But 119 with 20x at SDM is nice..

Too bad I spent too much time on RFD. Haven't even read more than 50 pages on my Clara.. :(
Deal Fanatic
Dec 26, 2014
7073 posts
7577 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
This seems to be hitting this price pretty frequently now. I wonder if there's any chance we start seeing price drops into the sub-$100 range (like even $99.99). If it does and it coincides with another 20x weekend I think that's must-buy territory.

Also they're advertising the AirPods again
Deal Expert
Dec 26, 2010
23105 posts
8163 upvotes
Is the Aura also on sale?
Deal Fanatic
Mar 21, 2010
5286 posts
4904 upvotes
Edmonton
Great device. Currently reading on it and really glad I bought it. Integration with Libby app and being able to borrow from library for free was the main reason I bought this over the Kindle.

It also has pocket integration so you can send articles from your desktop or phone browser but I haven't used it much because I find I can read them quickly on my phone. With books you're reading for multiple hours and that's where ebook reader really reduces eye fatigue.

The Kindle offers Bluetooth for audiobooks and is waterproof. The Clara does not have these two features.
Be a nice person and enjoy life

My feedback: Heatware Redflagdeals
Jan 12, 2018
49 posts
75 upvotes
I bought this BNIB on July 2nd. Paid 109.99+ taxes at Whyte Ave SDM in Edmonton even though the flier said 119.99. Got 20x points. Used PC Financial world elite MC to get additional PC points.
Deal Expert
Dec 26, 2010
23105 posts
8163 upvotes
My bud got one a couple weeks ago but it is already exhibiting memory problems where it loses all the books and has to be reloaded. The one I had several years ago had the screen come apart on it. Was able to get a replacement directly from Kobo. Told my bud to do the same. The thing is useless if it's memory is bad...
Deal Fanatic
Jan 21, 2018
7183 posts
7681 upvotes
Vancouver
DougO wrote: My bud got one a couple weeks ago but it is already exhibiting memory problems where it loses all the books and has to be reloaded. The one I had several years ago had the screen come apart on it. Was able to get a replacement directly from Kobo. Told my bud to do the same. The thing is useless if it's memory is bad...
The memory in Kobo e-readers is actually an internal microSD card. I had one that showed that sort of erratic problem just because the internal microSD card had come loose in the internal slot. Kobo support was clueless, and it was out of warranty, so I just opened the case, re-seated the card, and everything was fine.

I have a newer 7" Libra now, and I certainly prefer the 7" screen to the 6" screen, but the price remains stubbornly stuck at $200, not in the same league as the much cheaper Clara. But I was lucky enough to get mine during a $50-off-$200 promo at Staples.
Deal Expert
Dec 26, 2010
23105 posts
8163 upvotes
Scote64 wrote: The memory in Kobo e-readers is actually an internal microSD card. I had one that showed that sort of erratic problem just because the internal microSD card had come loose in the internal slot. Kobo support was clueless, and it was out of warranty, so I just opened the case, re-seated the card, and everything was fine.

I have a newer 7" Libra now, and I certainly prefer the 7" screen to the 6" screen, but the price remains stubbornly stuck at $200, not in the same league as the much cheaper Clara. But I was lucky enough to get mine during a $50-off-$200 promo at Staples.
Good to know. I'll pass that info along to see if he wants to just open it and reseat it...

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)