Expired Hot Deals

[Shoppers Drug Mart] Kobo Libra H20 eReader $140.29 (or less!) after PC Optimum Bonus Points + Free Ship

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 19th, 2021 10:06 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 5, 2006
1289 posts
5636 upvotes

[Shoppers Drug Mart] Kobo Libra H20 eReader $140.29 (or less!) after PC Optimum Bonus Points + Free Ship

Shopper's has the Kobo Libra H20 eReader available for $199.99. But today you can get an extra 50,000 PC Optiumum points (on any purchase of $150+) 20x the points (on purchases $75+). You would therefore get a minimum of 59,700 points, with a minimum value of $59.70.

PC Financial cardholders earn a few more points too.

Save the points for bonus redemption day, and your savings go up again. (Personally, I like saving my points for a "Spend 50,000+ points, get 40% in points back" offer.)

Don't forget to go through a cashback site for more savings. For example, TopCashBack has 2% cashback! Smiling Face With Heart-shaped Eyes

If you need an eReader, grab this while you can!
Images
  • white.jpg
  • Clipboard01.jpg
Last edited by coopercold on Feb 19th, 2021 6:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
38 replies
Deal Fanatic
Dec 17, 2007
5614 posts
1534 upvotes
If Shoppers were to offer 20x the points for online purchases that would be a (marginally) better deal.

Has anyone spotted any Kobo's in-store? Wife has been hankering for an upgrade
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 5, 2006
1289 posts
5636 upvotes
game_fanatic wrote: If Shoppers were to offer 20x the points for online purchases that would be a (marginally) better deal.
Indeed - I thought of that, but the problem is SDM seems to have minimal inventory for electronics items, so getting this now with this deal is better than getting bupkis later!
Deal Fanatic
Dec 17, 2007
5614 posts
1534 upvotes
coopercold wrote: Indeed - I thought of that, but the problem is SDM seems to have minimal inventory for electronics items, so getting this now with this deal is better than getting bupkis later!
Agreed 100%, I actually have been checking periodically for Kobo's on the Shoppers site but they only had the Nia. If only they had the Libra H20 in white!!
Deal Fanatic
Aug 19, 2015
6045 posts
5885 upvotes
Downtown Canada
What's the lowest that this tablet has been? Anyone know?
Feb 24, 2018
427 posts
203 upvotes
Waiting for the lighter/smaller Clara to go on sale for $120 again, any day now....
Dec 24, 2017
904 posts
873 upvotes
London
TransporterSD wrote: What's the lowest that this tablet has been? Anyone know?
not sure i'd call this a tablet
Deal Fanatic
Dec 17, 2007
5614 posts
1534 upvotes
TransporterSD wrote: What's the lowest that this tablet has been? Anyone know?
Looking at prior RFD listings the lowest seems to be $179.99
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2004
1995 posts
367 upvotes
I would like to buy this ereader using my points, but it can't be done on-line?
Any reason why SDM? You award points for buying it and not allow using points to buy it,
Deal Addict
Mar 31, 2007
4790 posts
2501 upvotes
PHuth2 wrote: Waiting for the lighter/smaller Clara to go on sale for $120 again, any day now....
If you don't mind refurbished it's $119 and can pair with ebates.
https://ca.kobobooks.com/collections/ce ... d-ereaders

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As for ereaders, I'm just recently jumping on the band wagon and have to buy one myself. Found the Kobo is the way to go (mostly for library access).

Not in a huge rush so I may wait for a stacking promo like Senior's Day @ Shopper's Drug Mart + 20x points or similar, although it is hard to find these in stock.

From my research...
Larger eReaders like the Libra are especially good if you intend to use it for mangas/comics/magazines as the standard size may just be a bit too small. Waterproof and more screen real estate are personal preference.
Newer Kindle Paperwhite is supposedly this year and will come with USB-C. Not sure on Kobo refresh timeframe.
May 23, 2011
331 posts
174 upvotes
N/A
jbfd wrote: I would like to buy this ereader using my points, but it can't be done on-line?
Any reason why SDM? You award points for buying it and not allow using points to buy it,
You definitely can redeem point to buy it on-line. Process to the payment step to see the option
Deal Fanatic
Dec 17, 2007
5614 posts
1534 upvotes
RiCHC3 wrote: If you don't mind refurbished it's $119 and can pair with ebates.
https://ca.kobobooks.com/collections/ce ... d-ereaders

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As for ereaders, I'm just recently jumping on the band wagon and have to buy one myself. Found the Kobo is the way to go (mostly for library access).

Not in a huge rush so I may wait for a stacking promo like Senior's Day @ Shopper's Drug Mart + 20x points or similar, although it is hard to find these in stock.

From my research...
Larger eReaders like the Libra are especially good if you intend to use it for mangas/comics/magazines as the standard size may just be a bit too small. Waterproof and more screen real estate are personal preference.
Newer Kindle Paperwhite is supposedly this year and will come with USB-C. Not sure on Kobo refresh timeframe.
I originally thought a Clara HD would be totally fine for the wife but we tend to visit cottages in the summer so having the water protection is a nice-to-have. Having physical buttons to turn the pages is also a nice touch (no pun intended). I do feel like the Libra is just overall larger, but if we're talking $120 for the Clara HD on sale vs the Libra at $150 I think I'd spend the extra $30 personally.
Deal Addict
Mar 31, 2007
4790 posts
2501 upvotes
game_fanatic wrote: I originally thought a Clara HD would be totally fine for the wife but we tend to visit cottages in the summer so having the water protection is a nice-to-have. Having physical buttons to turn the pages is also a nice touch (no pun intended). I do feel like the Libra is just overall larger, but if we're talking $120 for the Clara HD on sale vs the Libra at $150 I think I'd spend the extra $30 personally.
I hear ya and agree overall on the extra $30 being worth it for a lot.

For my own ereader use, I primarily expect to do the whole laying on my side in bed, reading, and kind of one handing it. Libra might be too big for those sort of situations to hold comfortably, although it's hard to really know until you try. I'm also generally appreciating smaller devices as of late and I figure the Clara with its bezels are already encroaching on the tablety range if it isn't there already. The Libra even more-so.
Sep 25, 2018
659 posts
1204 upvotes
I find that larger is better. I have the 8'' Forma and am sometimes jealous about how big my GF's 10'' Onyx Boox is, esp when reading PDFs
Jan 28, 2013
494 posts
696 upvotes
Scarborough, ONT
coopercold wrote: Shopper's has the Kobo Libra H20 eReader available for $199.99. But today you can get an extra 50,000 PC Optiumum points (on any purchase of $150+). You would therefore get a minimum of 52,985 points, with a minimum value of $52.98.

PC Financial cardholders earn a few more points too.

Save the points for bonus redemption day, and your savings go up again. (Personally, I like saving my points for a "Spend 50,000+ points, get 40% in points back" offer.)

Don't forget to go through a cashback site for more savings. For example, TopCashBack has 2% cashback! Smiling Face With Heart-shaped Eyes

If you need an eReader, grab this while you can!
Does TopCashBack give cashback on electronics from shoppers? I know Rakuten doesn't.
Fido Mobile
Freedom Mobile
Koodo Home Phone
Fido Internet
Jan 18, 2021
23 posts
29 upvotes
I hate Amazon just as much as the next person, but the Kindle Paperwhite is also waterproof and only $140, free shipping, and you don't have to put in extra work with a loyalty card. I don't really think this is a deal.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 21, 2010
5483 posts
2291 upvotes
Toronto
CanuckWithABuck wrote: I hate Amazon just as much as the next person, but the Kindle Paperwhite is also waterproof and only $140, free shipping, and you don't have to put in extra work with a loyalty card. I don't really think this is a deal.
One of the big draws is you don't have to buy any books to read on Kobo if you don't want to, you can borrow library books (at least in Ontario, not sure if every library is on Overdrive). It's a lot easier than trying to load your own books (via Calibre or something). I have a Paperwhite and a Kobo Clara, and prefer the Kobo mostly for this reason.
Mar 23, 2017
656 posts
1189 upvotes
Toronto
Recently bought the libra and mostly hapoy with it. The buttons are nice, but it does make the weight a bit odd to hold in one hand compared to the older aura h2o I used to have. Others love the feel of the the side. I also had a 20 dollar credit from kobo because my old one crapped out, so it ended up being 160+ tax.. 180 all in. Not suggesting people go crazy with asking for credits, but check in with them if you have an older one that isn't working.

Also had gotten a kindle paperwhite when they were 115 and returned it. Not a huge fan of the o.s. and much prefer the 7" screen.

Also keep in mind that pocketbook just released their first colour e reader and kono is due to release a new one soon, presumably with Bluetooth at the very least (audiobook capabilities) . Who knows if they'll also have colour.

Happy shopping
Deal Fanatic
Dec 17, 2007
5614 posts
1534 upvotes
CanuckWithABuck wrote: I hate Amazon just as much as the next person, but the Kindle Paperwhite is also waterproof and only $140, free shipping, and you don't have to put in extra work with a loyalty card. I don't really think this is a deal.
I'll echo what @Manatus said, the fact you can connect to Overdrive and take out ebooks from your local library is a huge bonus (which saves you money right there).