Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Shoppers Drug Mart

Lindt Excellence Intense Mint Chocolate Bar $0.97 [YMMV]

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 16th, 2018 9:23 am
Deal Addict
Jan 3, 2013
1045 posts
4135 upvotes
Toronto

[Shoppers Drug Mart] Lindt Excellence Intense Mint Chocolate Bar $0.97 [YMMV]

In Toronto, 1601 Bayview Ave, spotted these chocolate bars for only $0.97 each. They expire March 31, 2019. Only this one flavour, about 10 bars left here, might be worth checking at your local store too. Too bad Lindt Movie Night promotion is over.

15 replies
Banned
Feb 2, 2014
1426 posts
942 upvotes
The 6
Thanks OP. Please post the receipt. I am at Walmart and the store manager said he will price match if I can show him the receipt.

He can't do a price match based on the picture you posted.

This is an awesome deal!!!
Deal Addict
Jan 3, 2013
1045 posts
4135 upvotes
Toronto
DrunkenStupor wrote: Thanks OP. Please post the receipt. I am at Walmart and the store manager said he will price match if I can show him the receipt.

He can't do a price match based on the picture you posted.

This is an awesome deal!!!
Sure, I’ll be home in 15 minutes and will upload.

Last edited by Coolcicada on Jul 14th, 2018 7:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2017
2442 posts
3160 upvotes
I dropped by my local Shoppers. Regular price. Thanks for posting though.
Public Mobile, Tangerine
Deal Fanatic
Sep 25, 2005
9315 posts
7703 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
OMG, what's with Shoppers and chocolate these days?
Feb 12, 2012
142 posts
59 upvotes
Oshawa
No luck at Thomas/Tenth line in Mississauga. Thanks for sharing the receipt OP!
Jun 5, 2007
284 posts
113 upvotes
Ottawa
If it shows the regular price in your store you may want to scan it just to double check. They have those customer scanners mounted on the wall.
Deal Addict
Sep 9, 2017
2053 posts
2032 upvotes
Winnipeg
Lemmy wrote: If it shows the regular price in your store you may want to scan it just to double check. They have those customer scanners mounted on the wall.
Good call. Store signage is rarely perfect. Sometimes I even think sale signs are deliberately not put up.
Dec 22, 2003
528 posts
86 upvotes
Mississauga
KellyM133398 wrote: Good call. Store signage is rarely perfect. Sometimes I even think sale signs are deliberately not put up.
agree with you that the store signage can be wrong. But why would they put something on sale and then try to deliberately hide it?
Deal Addict
Sep 9, 2017
2053 posts
2032 upvotes
Winnipeg
DaddyKap wrote: agree with you that the store signage can be wrong. But why would they put something on sale and then try to deliberately hide it?
Most sales are not decided at the store level. The manager of a store could decide s/he doesn’t want to encourage sales of loss leaders. For example, if someone came in wanting to buy a Lindt bar, and chose the deeply discounted flavour over the regular priced ones, that store has lost a potential $4 in sales.

Also, some store managers take their sales very personally, and may feel like they’re giving away product for too low of a price. I worked at a small grocery store many moons ago, and the manager used to sneer at the people who came in only to buy the loss leaders. He called them cherry pickers and always viewed them as though they were trying to get one over on the store.
Dec 22, 2003
528 posts
86 upvotes
Mississauga
KellyM133398 wrote: Most sales are not decided at the store level. The manager of a store could decide s/he doesn’t want to encourage sales of loss leaders. For example, if someone came in wanting to buy a Lindt bar, and chose the deeply discounted flavour over the regular priced ones, that store has lost a potential $4 in sales.

Also, some store managers take their sales very personally, and may feel like they’re giving away product for too low of a price. I worked at a small grocery store many moons ago, and the manager used to sneer at the people who came in only to buy the loss leaders. He called them cherry pickers and always viewed them as though they were trying to get one over on the store.
Makes sense assuming manager's bonus is directly correlated with the revenue. A little short-sighted from the manager. The more often you see discounts at the store, the more likely you want to go back to that store. Just my opinion of course.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 19, 2003
5497 posts
2325 upvotes
Most of the time these are store specific discounts made by the store manager. If it's discontinued, too much stock or close to expired the price is usually reduced quite a bit. I've seen hair dye get cleared out for 10cents.
Deal Expert
Oct 5, 2008
18180 posts
14180 upvotes
Toronto
Coolcicada wrote: In Toronto, 1601 Bayview Ave, spotted these chocolate bars for only $0.97 each. They expire March 31, 2019. Only this one flavour, about 10 bars left here, might be worth checking at your local store too. Too bad Lindt Movie Night promotion is over.
2good wrote: What is the expiry date on these? My store generally clears out a month or two before expiry.
already posted
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
21200 posts
10721 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
Not this shit again

I’ve lost count of how many SDM Hot deal threads turn into people driving to their closest 58 locations looking for a price match

I bought 4 Lindt regular chocolate bars for $1 each at my local SDM on Friday but I’m sure there’s no other locations offering that deal so no point in letting anyone else know.

I guess the OP has good intentions however.
Re: Procurement, Life & RFD
nasa25: say you won it in a raffle. That's what I do with like 86% of my purchases
infinityloop: Lying to your SO seems like an unhealthy long term strategy
nasa25: lmao

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)