• IMG_20201228_171333.jpg
  • IMG_20201228_171314.jpg
41 replies
Deal Addict
Jun 4, 2012
2757 posts
2355 upvotes
BC
very cheap sound bar! anyone comment on quality/experience?
Dec 15, 2017
203 posts
118 upvotes
I was just at my local Walmart and someone was buying this same soundbar/sub combo for $78.
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2014
1536 posts
4788 upvotes
Calgary, AB
jdown077 wrote: I was just at my local Walmart and someone was buying this same soundbar/sub combo for $78.
This one?
https://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/6000198620046

If yes then I think it's different from the model OP posted. The Walmart has a built-in subwoofer where this one looks to be an external subwoofer based on the pictures.
Jul 2, 2016
575 posts
1422 upvotes
I bought it for $99.99 a few weeks ago from Shoppers. Picked it up when 100000 points was worth 140000. Definitely sounds good for the price. The only annoying thing is that you cannot turn off the flashing LED lights on the subwoofer. Figured out if you hold down the button on the remote that has a light bulb it will turn off the flashing lights from the soundbar itself.
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2007
4133 posts
3638 upvotes
No Bum Deals
muffin4life wrote: very cheap sound bar! anyone comment on quality/experience?
The make 'Monster' should give you some clues.
Fake, inflated, paid, and other forms of scammy news and reviews run rampant. A world drenched in online deceit, spiraling into oblivion.
Jul 6, 2008
18 posts
4 upvotes
I almost bought one on 26th last one in store but it didn't have that sale price it had the 128 on it and so I didn't pull the trigger on impulse buy. For 79 I may well have. I was sure it was junk but was it better than my crappy tv speakers I wasn't sure.
Nov 28, 2018
8 posts
1 upvote
Quality is not bad but you cannot compare it with the pricier soundbar.
Really liked the wireless sub after you pair it off.
Only concern for me is I am not able to turn the volume all the way down with the lowest volume setting
Feb 18, 2019
549 posts
754 upvotes
Upvoted because any soundbar with a sub for $80 is a good deal if it works at all. Just don't expect audio miracles... Monster nowadays is no better than any cheapo stuff off Amazon.
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2017
1993 posts
1106 upvotes
DonkeyDoo wrote: Upvoted because any soundbar with a sub for $80 is a good deal if it works at all. Just don't expect audio miracles... Monster nowadays is no better than any cheapo stuff off Amazon.
Tell me about it.

I returned a BT speaker last week. Honestly I expected a lot from it but it didnt do any better than the other Amazon speaker I bought. They were trying to buy a 5 star review on top.

For $80 it'a a good buy. Place the speaker at the front and the sub elsewhere and now you have better separation for sound.
Deal Addict
Jun 14, 2011
1595 posts
834 upvotes
What the hell happened to monster? They went from $200 for a 12' hdmi cable to hawking some very suspiciously low priced headphones and sound bars(to say nothing of the HDMI cables that were all sent to dollarama) in the last 5 years. Its like after they sold the Beats brand to apple, they just blew up their entire business model.
(i'm not commenting at all on the quality, cause frankly iv never owned any of their stuff. I always asumed it was like Bose... more about marketing and unboxing experience than actual high end)
Dec 27, 2020
1 posts
1 upvote
Thanks OP. Picked the last one up at my local shoppers. It's decent for the price, especially using my points.

Using it with my shield over Bluetooth and instantly sounds better than the crappy tv speakers. I'll pick up an optical cable soon so I don't have to rely on bt.

Cons: No HDMI audio and can't turn off the lights on the sub (I'll probably cover it with electrical tape) but you can turn off the lights on the soundbar.

Pros: $80 for much better sound than my tv.
Jul 2, 2016
575 posts
1422 upvotes
Scott86 wrote: What the hell happened to monster? They went from $200 for a 12' hdmi cable to hawking some very suspiciously low priced headphones and sound bars(to say nothing of the HDMI cables that were all sent to dollarama) in the last 5 years. Its like after they sold the Beats brand to apple, they just blew up their entire business model.
(i'm not commenting at all on the quality, cause frankly iv never owned any of their stuff. I always asumed it was like Bose... more about marketing and unboxing experience than actual high end)
For example this soundbar is not actual made by Monster. They licensed their name for Curtis International to make these sound bars. It says at the back of the manual Curtis International and they only offer a 90 day warranty with this soundbar. If they licensed their name to better quality manufacturer, they would have better products.
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2007
4133 posts
3638 upvotes
No Bum Deals
George1616 wrote: For example this soundbar is not actual made by Monster. They licensed their name for Curtis International to make these sound bars. It says at the back of the manual Curtis International and they only offer a 90 day warranty with this soundbar. If they licensed their name to better quality manufacturer, they would have better products.
This company made this system: http://www.jump-lan.com/product/117.html
Fake, inflated, paid, and other forms of scammy news and reviews run rampant. A world drenched in online deceit, spiraling into oblivion.
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2007
4133 posts
3638 upvotes
No Bum Deals
George1616 wrote: I found it on Curtis's website too. https://www.curtisint.com/product/msb3787w/
Yeah I believe they are distributors in this case.
Shenzhen Junlan submitted the FCCID filing https://fccid.io/OKUSBB91460/User-Manua ... al-4530856
Nov 24, 2020
333 posts
788 upvotes
MB
I cannot find this deal on Shoppers website. We could go to Visions and ask to beat this price, as they do, and buy from them.