Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Shoppers Drug Mart

Netflix/keg/roots/Bass pro gift card promo

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 29th, 2018 12:08 pm
Deal Addict
Aug 30, 2015
2660 posts
3149 upvotes
Toronto, ON
BlackXstar wrote: you need pay tax if you choose itunes payment.
Smartchen wrote: So you don’t need to pay tax with Netflix go? Didn’t know that, been using iTunes pay the subscription
Don’t bother
Saw the calculation in OP’s main post
Too bad I have stocked up some iTunes cards ...
Jun 19, 2017
25 posts
15 upvotes
RodgetheDodge wrote: Went to the Graville location in DT Vancouver, they had about 10 cards available. However, when I went to the check out the cashier told me their network has been down all day and so they could not complete any gift card sales. No timeline on when the issue would be resolved either.
Same happened to me at Shoppers on W Broadway & Bayswater
Dec 13, 2012
39 posts
37 upvotes
Coquitlam
Here in BC tried to buy a $100 Netflix gift card at Shoppers and they wanted to charge me 7% PST tax (total $107). I currently don't pay tax on my monthly Netflix subscription.

If I do this I end up paying tax on my Netflix subscription which eats into the $15 worth of points. Anyone else in BC experience this?
Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2002
1614 posts
3656 upvotes
tegvari wrote: Here in BC tried to buy a $100 Netflix gift card at Shoppers and they wanted to charge me 7% PST tax (total $107). I currently don't pay tax on my monthly Netflix subscription.

If I do this I end up paying tax on my Netflix subscription which eats into the $15 worth of points. Anyone else in BC experience this?
There is no tax on gift cards
Someone f@#ked up
Aug 7, 2005
583 posts
66 upvotes
tegvari wrote: Here in BC tried to buy a $100 Netflix gift card at Shoppers and they wanted to charge me 7% PST tax (total $107). I currently don't pay tax on my monthly Netflix subscription.

I had this happen at Safeway in BC the last time the cards were on sale. After a big back and forth with their head office and looking at the laws around gift cards, it seems they were correct in charging the tax. @trystee will remember.
Dec 21, 2010
72 posts
19 upvotes
Anyone able to buy a card in the GTA? Rep said gift card system is down.... How convenient
Jul 5, 2015
172 posts
32 upvotes
Vancouver
It must be a system wide issue? I tried to purchase one yesterday Nov 5 but it didn't work so the cashier said the earlier person had issues. So I said I'll come back today but I forgot.

I'll probably try again later this week. Btw this was at broadway and Burrard shoppers
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2011
4193 posts
11678 upvotes
>er YEG pi-r-sq'd
slowtalon wrote: I had this happen at Safeway in BC the last time the cards were on sale. After a big back and forth with their head office and looking at the laws around gift cards, it seems they were correct in charging the tax. @trystee will remember.
Weird, I didn't get a "Mention" notification for this post.

Yup @slowtalon, back in late Aug.

If anyone in BC and maybe QC in Jan 2019 wants more info, see posts #834 and #835 in the GC megathread (I won't provide a link to the posts, as they will differ depending on one's settings for number of posts shown per page).
Deal Addict
Mar 7, 2010
2849 posts
502 upvotes
Mississauga
Interesting, I didn't they tax on the 100 Netflix gc
Jan 10, 2011
633 posts
485 upvotes
Ottawa
I think the tax thing is a BC provincial law. Ontario doesn't get taxed.

So has anyone gotten their points for their purchase when loading the $15-$200 Netflix card? I'm worried it's only allowed for cards of $60 or $30 pre-set value (never seen $100 card anywhere). I just bought some gift cards at Loblaws and even though it says point are to arrive in 1-2 weeks, they were awarded right away.
Mar 30, 2017
326 posts
240 upvotes
Just bought 2 $100 Netflix gift cards no issues both cards added to my account. Hopefully the points show up in a few weeks
Mar 30, 2017
326 posts
240 upvotes
Roswell79 wrote: I think the tax thing is a BC provincial law. Ontario doesn't get taxed.

So has anyone gotten their points for their purchase when loading the $15-$200 Netflix card? I'm worried it's only allowed for cards of $60 or $30 pre-set value (never seen $100 card anywhere). I just bought some gift cards at Loblaws and even though it says point are to arrive in 1-2 weeks, they were awarded right away.
I don't think $100 Netflix cards exist just the $15-$200 cards. I think your fine as long as you add $100 to a single card so putting $100 on a $15-$200 card is fine. But if you bought 2 $60 cards I don't think you would get the optimum points
Feb 13, 2018
90 posts
88 upvotes
Bought one today at the Shoppers near Union Station (200 Bay St, Toronto, ON M5J 2J3), System was working and they had plenty of $15-$200 cards.
Aug 17, 2006
749 posts
171 upvotes
kargesd wrote: I don't think $100 Netflix cards exist just the $15-$200 cards. I think your fine as long as you add $100 to a single card so putting $100 on a $15-$200 card is fine. But if you bought 2 $60 cards I don't think you would get the optimum points
The text of the promo seems pretty clear that it's a purchase of $100 in gift cards not a $100 gift card.

On Tuesday I purchased 2x $60 Netflix gift cards. Bonus points didn't show up on the receipt so the cashier added them manually. I appreciated how helpful they were in resolving this right there.
"The bicycle is the most efficient machine ever created: Converting calories into gas, a bicycle gets the equivalent of three thousand miles per gallon."
-Bill Strickland
Aug 8, 2007
839 posts
732 upvotes
When you say added them manually do you mean the cashier wrote on your receipt that you were entitled to them or actually add them to your account? My cashier wrote on my receipt but did not add them to my account.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 13, 2003
9923 posts
1665 upvotes
EYEAM2COOL4U wrote: When you say added them manually do you mean the cashier wrote on your receipt that you were entitled to them or actually add them to your account? My cashier wrote on my receipt but did not add them to my account.
I think you're gonna have problems with yours since she "wrote on receipt" which doesn't really mean much to head office.

I just don't understand how such a big company can't just give you the frickin points right away! Like what's there to wait for? We legit bought the giftcards, so give us the points if we want us to shop at your stores. It's not like the giftcard is refundable anyways
One blind human - a tragedy
Ten blind humans - a disaster
One million blind humans - a statistic
Aug 17, 2006
749 posts
171 upvotes
EYEAM2COOL4U wrote: When you say added them manually do you mean the cashier wrote on your receipt that you were entitled to them or actually add them to your account? My cashier wrote on my receipt but did not add them to my account.
She added them manually in the computer. 1000 points at a time since that's the limit.
"The bicycle is the most efficient machine ever created: Converting calories into gas, a bicycle gets the equivalent of three thousand miles per gallon."
-Bill Strickland
Deal Guru
Apr 23, 2004
14972 posts
213943 upvotes
Montreal
Hi there,

Yeah, got one, too, no points yet on account. I was planning on getting another 100$ one, but that is overkilled to pre-paid Netflix for that long.

The funny part, I did almost had a heart attack that I couldn't find a flyer to make sure if the promo is still there. The cashier told me it ended yesterday (Nov. 8), but the flyer noted that it ends today (Nov. 9). They should really aligned all the dates together.

Ju Leon...
Mar 30, 2017
326 posts
240 upvotes
This is a little off topic but has to do with PC Optimum points so I'm going to post here

So I just found out that you can create an account on www.pcoptimum.ca and link your optimum card to it so you can see your current point. You also get special offers to earn optimum points that aren't listed in the SDM flyer. I want to use this offer (screenshot below )

My question is do I need a phone with there app on it to when I go to the store to receive my points? I don't have a phone so that is not an option for me. It says the offers are loaded so can I just give them my card and the points will show up or do they need to scan something on my phone their app for the points to be applied.
Images
  • SDM.png

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)