• Last Updated:
  • Oct 24th, 2021 9:46 am
[OP]
Jun 9, 2018
41 posts
63 upvotes

[Shoppers Drug Mart] Nintendo Switch Oled 449.99

Not a hot deal, but there’s probably a lot of people saving points for this.

Has anyone seen it in store?
Last edited by DanielO46409 on Oct 20th, 2021 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
54 replies
Sep 3, 2017
820 posts
1426 upvotes
Vancouver
It’s not bonus redemption day yet. Shhh ;)
Deal Addict
Aug 25, 2015
2687 posts
1224 upvotes
Montreal, QC
I have a 40% back (expiring tonight) if I redeem points but it's only instore and really don't feel like console hunting. Now, if they restock on the PS5
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2007
4461 posts
4041 upvotes
No Bum Deals
Online stock: 7

This should be fun.
Fake, inflated, paid, and other forms of scammy news and reviews run rampant. A world drenched in online deceit, spiraling into oblivion.
Jun 18, 2017
597 posts
391 upvotes
For people in Calgary I saw one tonight at the location on heritage drive and fairmount drive se. This was around 6pm. I had a 40% back offer but thought i barely touch the Xbox what am I gonna do with this.
Deal Addict
Jan 19, 2003
2015 posts
330 upvotes
Toronto
Black Friday Bonus Redemption here I come! Smiling Face With Open Mouth
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2007
4461 posts
4041 upvotes
No Bum Deals
slippy wrote: Black Friday Bonus Redemption here I come! Smiling Face With Open Mouth
There will be those who spend their points 1:1 to get these. Depending on how many SDM have been allocated for online sale, I don't see them staying in stock for long. Who knows....
Fake, inflated, paid, and other forms of scammy news and reviews run rampant. A world drenched in online deceit, spiraling into oblivion.
Oct 25, 2007
120 posts
17 upvotes
I found one in stock in Calgary today, had a 20x + 5,000 points offer in the app for today only. So ended up with 139,700 points.
Nov 24, 2016
475 posts
139 upvotes
Calgary
Is the OLED version hot?
Wait BF see if there is any better deal or bundle I guess. I didn't buy last year thought they will release a pro version, but still not
Sep 15, 2019
245 posts
572 upvotes
orleans
I saw one a few days ago at the St.Laurent Ottawa location.

I don't think these are going to be hard to find like PS5s are. EB had loads of stock, and we are already seeing them at Shoppers. They have been in stock online for a few days. It might be difficult to find one for bonus redemption or something because that is when everybody will try.

I guess if you're looking to get one as a gift for someone for Christmas, it is better to buy it now than risk the supply going down - but they don't seem difficult to find.

Lots of Shoppers stores don't even put electronics out, but have stuff from the flyer in the back. YMMV, but if you call ahead you can sometimes find someone willing to check and they might have one.
I will tell my grandchildren about the deal I got on an HP Touchpad at the Bank street staples thanks to rfding.
Sep 15, 2019
245 posts
572 upvotes
orleans
moonj86 wrote: Is the OLED version hot?
Wait BF see if there is any better deal or bundle I guess. I didn't buy last year thought they will release a pro version, but still not
Not worth buying unless you want it. If you want it, I doubt there will be any deal better than buying at Shoppers considering you get 30 percent of the pre-tax price back in points if you buy on a 20x the points day. Even if you don't collect Shoppers points, you could use the points right away to pay for most of the cost of two games.

If you already have a Switch and want to upgrade, it might be worth it because you can sell your Switch locally for $250+, and also get back $135 in points on the $450+tax OLED. After tax, you're maybe looking at $100 or so to upgrade. I did the EB trade in promotion because I hate local Kijiji sales with a passion, and also didn't realize they'd be at Shoppers this quickly.
I will tell my grandchildren about the deal I got on an HP Touchpad at the Bank street staples thanks to rfding.
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2005
2766 posts
503 upvotes
ManCaveGamer wrote: can this be hacked/jailbroken yet?
Technically, yes but its really hard (requires $$$ modchip and pulling off and reballing chip.
Jun 22, 2016
374 posts
268 upvotes
Not important
sumtimw0ng wrote: I have a 40% back (expiring tonight) if I redeem points but it's only instore and really don't feel like console hunting. Now, if they restock on the PS5
I had the same promo and I called all over to see if any shoppers had a console. Scored the last PS5 this afternoon, used 500 points got 200 back. Worth console hunting right now before demand increases during Black Friday / holiday season.
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2011
43299 posts
7207 upvotes
ManCaveGamer wrote: can this be hacked/jailbroken yet?
Check your DM from your friendly neighbourhood RFD Cyber Security expert ;)
Blanka
Deal Addict
Sep 1, 2015
1180 posts
1674 upvotes
Hot is very subjective when it comes to Nintendo. It will likely be sold out this holiday season. So if you want one, best to get in early. But as for the tech, the Switch was outdated in 2017, let alone almost end of 2021. Bluetooth 4.1, wifi-5, only 64gb internal storage, and a cheap OLED that is only 720p resolution. For $449...

But again, if you need a Switch, this version is better than the launch version. The greed and cheapness of Nintendo to not add a 4K upscaling chip at least, and bump the internal storage up, and the screen resolution too is a shame. They'll likely get the triple dip with a Switch Pro 4K next year or year after though.
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2007
4461 posts
4041 upvotes
No Bum Deals
I much prefer the screen. Definitely a reason to upgrade.
Deal Guru
Mar 1, 2002
10200 posts
7158 upvotes
Toronto
Sorry, but no deal unless 20x or bonus redemption.
Deal Addict
Jan 6, 2006
1169 posts
319 upvotes
Markham
I am not sure what the complaint is about. Nintendo is a business wanting to maximize its profits. What is wrong with that?

To me, a gaming system has to be fun and not just looking good on paper. Anyone remembers Jaguar? It was a flop with good specs.

I do agree, however, that the price has to be reasonable.
Harold91 wrote: Hot is very subjective when it comes to Nintendo. It will likely be sold out this holiday season. So if you want one, best to get in early. But as for the tech, the Switch was outdated in 2017, let alone almost end of 2021. Bluetooth 4.1, wifi-5, only 64gb internal storage, and a cheap OLED that is only 720p resolution. For $449...

But again, if you need a Switch, this version is better than the launch version. The greed and cheapness of Nintendo to not add a 4K upscaling chip at least, and bump the internal storage up, and the screen resolution too is a shame. They'll likely get the triple dip with a Switch Pro 4K next year or year after though.