Expired Hot Deals

Shoppers Drug Mart

NINTENDO SWITCH W/MARIO KART 8 $399.99

  • Last Updated:
  • Dec 30th, 2020 1:24 pm
[OP]
Newbie
Mar 27, 2020
10 posts
49 upvotes

[Shoppers Drug Mart] NINTENDO SWITCH W/MARIO KART 8 $399.99

First post, Not sure hot deals or not.
Shoppers currently has this console in stock plus $ 45.00 value pc points
rakuten 5% CB
Last edited by TomRFD on Dec 26th, 2020 11:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: added url
Thread Summary
NO cashback on Rakuten, electronics are not covered. Personally tested it previously during black Friday.
66 replies
Member
Feb 4, 2017
408 posts
418 upvotes
Calgary
OP should state online and regular price.

I think a lot of people were betting on a miracle PS5 restock for boxing day but doesn't look like that happened.

Also, some people should have 20x points for instore (for provinces that still are open) making it about 120,000 in points if my math is right.
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2011
43784 posts
7466 upvotes
Taroble wrote: OP should state online and regular price.

I think a lot of people were betting on a miracle PS5 restock for boxing day but doesn't look like that happened.

Also, some people should have 20x points for instore (for provinces that still are open) making it about 120,000 in points if my math is right.
How many points per dollar spent? So if I spend $75 in store, how much is 20X the points?
Blanka
Member
Feb 4, 2017
408 posts
418 upvotes
Calgary
djemzine wrote: How many points per dollar spent? So if I spend $75 in store, how much is 20X the points?
15 points per dollar is the regular rate so should be about 22-23.

Someone did the math earlier and stated if you're spending $125-150 I think it was, better to do the online for 45,000 points.
Sr. Member
User avatar
Jul 21, 2013
879 posts
566 upvotes
Calgary
I have seen lots of Switch stock everywhere now, Walmart, Bestbuy, Toys, so the switch isn't very hot anymore.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Feb 6, 2012
4926 posts
408 upvotes
Gloucester, Canada
djemzine wrote: How many points per dollar spent? So if I spend $75 in store, how much is 20X the points?
https://www.canadiansavingsgroup.ca/dai ... ts-system/

"To determine your points, the equation is: (dollars spent before taxes) x (15 for base points) x (the specific offer). The other is a set amount of bonus points with your purchase (for example, receive 20,000 bonus points when you spend $50)."

if you buys a switch in store, $399.99*15*20=119,997pts = $120 (to be spend later)
Zoomer Wireless & Public Mobile customer
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2011
43784 posts
7466 upvotes
Taroble wrote: 15 points per dollar is the regular rate so should be about 22-23.

Someone did the math earlier and stated if you're spending $125-150 I think it was, better to do the online for 45,000 points.
Lostwords wrote: https://www.canadiansavingsgroup.ca/dai ... ts-system/

"To determine your points, the equation is: (dollars spent before taxes) x (15 for base points) x (the specific offer). The other is a set amount of bonus points with your purchase (for example, receive 20,000 bonus points when you spend $50)."

if you buys a switch in store, $399.99*15*20=119,997pts
Thanks for confirming guys. Ya online I just bought some shaving stuff for $125 ish.
Blanka
Sr. Member
Jan 28, 2013
927 posts
1633 upvotes
Scarborough, ONT
I don't think ebates give out cashback on consoles on shoppers
Fido Mobile
Freedom Mobile
Koodo Home Phone
Fido Internet
[OP]
Newbie
Mar 27, 2020
10 posts
49 upvotes
I know this console is $399 in stock everywhere now. But at least you could get a bit cheaper with points and CB. RFD spirits! Happy shopping boxing day!
Deal Addict
Dec 6, 2004
1790 posts
1696 upvotes
Lostwords wrote: https://www.canadiansavingsgroup.ca/dai ... ts-system/

"To determine your points, the equation is: (dollars spent before taxes) x (15 for base points) x (the specific offer). The other is a set amount of bonus points with your purchase (for example, receive 20,000 bonus points when you spend $50)."

if you buys a switch in store, $399.99*15*20=119,997pts = $120 (to be spend later)
Or put another way, it's exactly 30% 400 *.3 = 120$
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Nov 23, 2005
8851 posts
5334 upvotes
umega890 wrote: I don't think ebates give out cashback on consoles on shoppers
+1
Cashback is only available on Beauty and Luxury Beauty categories
Deal Addict
User avatar
May 8, 2004
3696 posts
1812 upvotes
Toronto
Anyone know if they have the Mario Kart bundle in store?
Sr. Member
Jan 28, 2013
927 posts
1633 upvotes
Scarborough, ONT
Homer88 wrote: Anyone know if they have the Mario Kart bundle in store?
They do, during black Friday. Try calling the ones around you to check if they have it.
totaldeallover wrote: I know this console is $399 in stock everywhere now. But at least you could get a bit cheaper with points and CB. RFD spirits! Happy shopping boxing day!
OP, you might wanna edit your original post to mention cashback is not applicable.
Fido Mobile
Freedom Mobile
Koodo Home Phone
Fido Internet
Deal Addict
Oct 14, 2005
1920 posts
1262 upvotes
Anyone else had issues with Shoppers online and their payment processor? I have tried like 7 credit cards and they all get declined. And its not the first time it has happened on this site either.
Member
Nov 24, 2016
495 posts
154 upvotes
Calgary
so buy in store will get more points than online right?
and no way can check the stock for shoppers
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2011
43784 posts
7466 upvotes
Diafel wrote: Anyone else had issues with Shoppers online and their payment processor? I have tried like 7 credit cards and they all get declined. And its not the first time it has happened on this site either.
Nope. Ordered non electronic items without issues. Mastercard
Blanka
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Nov 23, 2005
8851 posts
5334 upvotes
moonj86 wrote: so buy in store will get more points than online right?
and no way can check the stock for shoppers
Yes if

A) you have an offer for 20x the points
B) if you can find instore stock in your local area
Member
Nov 24, 2016
495 posts
154 upvotes
Calgary
boyoflondon wrote: Yes if

A) you have an offer for 20x the points
B) if you can find instore stock in your local area
Thanks checked on the app it's in store only which is bad, but I guess will be hard to find one in store.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2004
9150 posts
6342 upvotes
Toronto
not even a deal in any way and just advertising Nintendo's awful regular prices on boxing day smh
Deal Addict
Jan 1, 2007
1222 posts
221 upvotes
Roger21 wrote: I have seen lots of Switch stock everywhere now, Walmart, Bestbuy, Toys, so the switch isn't very hot anymore.
Most likely price drop next year if we have lots of inventory. Switch should be like $250 or maybe $300. No way paying $400 when next gen consoles are here.

Top