Expired Hot Deals

[Shoppers Drug Mart] One Day Only! (Feb 13) Family and Friends Event @ Shoppers. 20% off!

  • Last Updated:
  • Feb 15th, 2018 7:37 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 9, 2011
1598 posts
3456 upvotes

[Shoppers Drug Mart] One Day Only! (Feb 13) Family and Friends Event @ Shoppers. 20% off!

Shoppers Drug Mart is doing a one day only sale on Tuesday, Feb 13. 20% off on almost all regular priced merchandise (sale items are excluded). The discount cannot be used in conjunction with employee discount or any other promotional offer.

Perfect time to use your PC points to buy an item like a Nintendo Switch, Xbox or PS4.

Digital coupon code is below:

https://i.imgur.com/8qkbdxb.png

Thanks Superfigz for sharing.

I called 1800 Shoppers earlier this morning and no one working there seemed to know anything about this offer.
Images
  • IMG_0783.jpg
  • IMG_0782.jpg
Last edited by jetertmac on Feb 11th, 2018 7:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
207 replies
Deal Addict
May 12, 2007
1309 posts
631 upvotes
Monster hunter and dragon ball fighter z 20% off for those who can’t get a 20% psn code and want some resell value.

Goodluck finding some!!
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Nov 20, 2003
6675 posts
3036 upvotes
Moncton, NB
Good time to get a nintendo switch.

The Shoppers in Shediac, NB had 2 in stock as of Feb. 10
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2010
1411 posts
856 upvotes
Lac St-Jean
I have 300$ in pc optimum points... I think i'm gonna bite for a switch... Where the info come from? Is it gonna work everywhere?
Deal Addict
Mar 20, 2016
1111 posts
965 upvotes
Montreal
I didn't see this offer on the flyer of my nearest store - is it nationwide?
Member
Jun 4, 2010
202 posts
8 upvotes
Vancouver
Would gift cards or pre-paid cards be eligible?
Deal Addict
User avatar
Dec 7, 2005
3996 posts
5689 upvotes
Abbotsford B.C.
Where did you get this card? I didn't see it in my flyer
Sr. Member
Dec 27, 2016
726 posts
1070 upvotes
Canada
I have lots of points. Thinking of getting a switch but...
Is this the correct calculations for comparing 20% off and paying with points vs paying with WEMC on a 20x points day?? Please correct any errors.
Ontario GST used for calculating
I consider points as good as cash so net cost is cash and/or points

Using points
$399.99 - 20% = $319.99 + 13% tax = $361.59
Points needed 361,590
no points earned
Net cost $361.59

Paying with WEMC on 20X points day
$399.99 x 13% tax = $451.99
Points earned
20x on $399.99 = 119,997
3% WEMC on $451.99 = 13,559
Total points 133,556
Net cost $318.44

In my eyes that’s appropriately $43 more for 20% off vs 20x day.
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2012
2175 posts
1254 upvotes
Etobicoke
Frank510 wrote: I have lots of points. Thinking of getting a switch but...
Is this the correct calculations for comparing 20% off and paying with points vs paying with WEMC on a 20x points day?? Please correct any errors.
Ontario GST used for calculating
I consider points as good as cash so net cost is cash and/or points

Using points
$399.99 - 20% = $319.99 + 13% tax = $361.59
Points needed 361,590
no points earned
Net cost $361.59

Paying with WEMC on 20X points day
$399.99 x 13% tax = $451.99
Points earned
20x on $399.99 = 119,997
3% WEMC on $451.99 = 13,559
Total points 133,556
Net cost $318.44

In my eyes that’s appropriately $43 more for 20% off vs 20x day.
I am not sure if this is a right way to do comparison.

For step 1 you are redeeming your points and not spending any money.

For 2nd one you are paying $450 OOP and gets points back.
If you make comparison like that you will never reedem your points.

Whenever you redeem your points you wont earn any cashback on your credit card. Its $30 difference at the end as per your calculation.
Deal Addict
Jun 11, 2010
1367 posts
801 upvotes
ottawa
Frank510 wrote: I have lots of points. Thinking of getting a switch but...
Is this the correct calculations for comparing 20% off and paying with points vs paying with WEMC on a 20x points day?? Please correct any errors.
Ontario GST used for calculating
I consider points as good as cash so net cost is cash and/or points

Using points
$399.99 - 20% = $319.99 + 13% tax = $361.59
Points needed 361,590
no points earned
Net cost $361.59

Paying with WEMC on 20X points day
$399.99 x 13% tax = $451.99
Points earned
20x on $399.99 = 119,997
3% WEMC on $451.99 = 13,559
Total points 133,556
Net cost $318.44

In my eyes that’s appropriately $43 more for 20% off vs 20x day.
Good point - worth even more on super redemption events like they have at loblaws sometimes.
Member
User avatar
Feb 18, 2009
224 posts
75 upvotes
Toronto
Yeah, good luck finding a store that actually carry them. Had no luck during their 20x points day.
series1000 wrote: Monster hunter and dragon ball fighter z 20% off for those who can’t get a 20% psn code and want some resell value.

Goodluck finding some!!
Sr. Member
Dec 27, 2016
726 posts
1070 upvotes
Canada
specialoffers wrote: I am not sure if this is a right way to do comparison.

For step 1 you are redeeming your points and not spending any money.

For 2nd one you are paying $450 OOP and gets points back.
If you make comparison like that you will never reedem your points.

Whenever you redeem your points you wont earn any cashback on your credit card. Its $30 difference at the end as per your calculation.
Yes you’re right about not earning points whenever you redeem so essentially a $30 difference if points are considered same as money. I’m just throwing that calculation out there and looking for other people’s thoughts. I consider points the same as money since I will always need groceries so they are always usable. Just thinking a big dollar purchase like a gaming system is a big points day on 20x event. I am thinking about using points for a Switch though. Would be a nice treat without any OOP cost.

Edit- I’m a veteran at PC points but a bit of a newb at Optimum. How did the redemption days work? What factor would that have compared to 20% and 20x points?? Any guesses how redemption days may work with the merge?
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2012
2175 posts
1254 upvotes
Etobicoke
Frank510 wrote: Yes you’re right about not earning points whenever you redeem so essentially a $30 difference if points are considered same as money. I’m just throwing that calculation out there and looking for other people’s thoughts. I consider points the same as money since I will always need groceries so they are always usable. Just thinking a big dollar purchase like a gaming system is a big points day on 20x event. I am thinking about using points for a Switch though. Would be a nice treat without any OOP cost.
Try to look for a personalize coupon for this tueaday,
I had 20X point for $25 or more purchase
.if you find similar coupon,

You can get switch for $319.99+tax =$361.
You get $319 *15*20 =95,700
And you get 9570 points on your credit card.

So around $105 back in points so OOP will be around $255.

Its all rough calculations.
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2017
3986 posts
2504 upvotes
Vancouver
Frank510 wrote: I have lots of points. Thinking of getting a switch but...
Is this the correct calculations for comparing 20% off and paying with points vs paying with WEMC on a 20x points day?? Please correct any errors.
Ontario GST used for calculating
I consider points as good as cash so net cost is cash and/or points

Using points
$399.99 - 20% = $319.99 + 13% tax = $361.59
Points needed 361,590
no points earned
Net cost $361.59

Paying with WEMC on 20X points day
$399.99 x 13% tax = $451.99
Points earned
20x on $399.99 = 119,997
3% WEMC on $451.99 = 13,559
Total points 133,556
Net cost $318.44

In my eyes that’s appropriately $43 more for 20% off vs 20x day.
Got to remember you then lose out on points for that $133.56 purchase in the future (which if you use 20x points as a promo basically translate to 40k points (plus 3% for mc)... aka $43.

Also if you have weekly personalize coupon, that stacks on top of 20% off so really 20% off is roughly the same as 20x points without additional coupons and a better deal for switch if you have any personalize coupons (if you arent redeeming).

That and of course the simple fact that you got to buy something with your points... no point in just collecting points and never redeeming. Thats why redeeming for xbox one x, switch, and ps4 pro makes sense and the best time to do it is probably during 20% off (which really translate to more than spend your point events).
Sr. Member
Dec 27, 2016
726 posts
1070 upvotes
Canada
specialoffers wrote: Try to look for a personalize coupon for this tueaday,
I had 20X point for $25 or more purchase
.if you find similar coupon,

You can get switch for $319.99+tax =$361.
You get $319 *15*20 =95,700
And you get 9570 points on your credit card.

So around $105 back in points so OOP will be around $255.

Its all rough calculations.
Unfortunately since the merge I’m not getting any SDM offers. My points transferred properly but I’ve had issues since then. Surely someone in the Loblaws IT dept is getting fired soon!! I have faith this will will work out but the first two weeks have been a gong show!!
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2017
1516 posts
428 upvotes
Toronto
20% off on anything? can you buy milk with 20% off?
Deal Addict
Oct 14, 2017
1056 posts
848 upvotes
GTA
Frank510 wrote: I consider points the same as money since I will always need groceries so they are always usable.
Your calculation treats points as if they were a discount on the current purchase. They are actually a discount on a future purchase, or, if you subtract the value immediately, they are effectively worthless in the future because you already subtracted the value, so subtracting it again would be double-counting.

Top