Expired Hot Deals

[Shoppers Drug Mart] PCO App Offer: No Name or Burnbrae Eggs $1.49. YMMV. See App for availability date. Expires September 20, 2020

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 22nd, 2020 4:29 pm
Aug 15, 2018
116 posts
333 upvotes
Bought 2 cartons of eggs yesterday and the offer did not disappear. Went back today and picked up another 2 cartons of eggs and got the discount again
Aug 22, 2009
459 posts
423 upvotes
Ottawa
Got the offer as well for this week.

Went this morning and picked up two dozen brown eggs. Woohoo! I'll pay $1.49 any day of the week :)
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2011
4554 posts
6636 upvotes
Montreal
ottawa_guy wrote: Got the offer as well for this week.

Went this morning and picked up two dozen brown eggs. Woohoo! I'll pay $1.49 any day of the week :)
Are you going to retire or keep working like nothing happened? Face With Tears Of Joy
Aug 22, 2009
459 posts
423 upvotes
Ottawa
Temporel wrote: Are you going to retire or keep working like nothing happened? Face With Tears Of Joy
Face With Tears Of Joy. Wish I could. Back to work tomorrow. Winking Face
Deal Fanatic
Dec 7, 2011
8623 posts
12104 upvotes
I had this last week, but it wouldn't work, and still scanned at $1.99 (which is still a decent price)

This week I had Lays Chips for $1.49, and that worked after scanning my card.

Not worth the time and effort for the missing dollar for the eggs, and there were a lot of complaints on FB about the PC app/egg deal not working in Quebec.
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2011
4554 posts
6636 upvotes
Montreal
ottawa_guy wrote: Face With Tears Of Joy. Wish I could. Back to work tomorrow. Winking Face
Oh, well. At least you can console yourself with knowing your breakfast eggs didn't cost you a lot. Face With Tears Of Joy
Deal Fanatic
Dec 7, 2011
8623 posts
12104 upvotes
Temporel wrote: Why do you value brown Burnbrae eggs more than regular white ones?
Eggs are eggs, but some chefs prefer brown because it's easier to see if any shell falls inside the mixture.

Also brown eggs cost more because they are from red feathered chickens that weigh more and need more food.
Brown eggs are more expensive than white eggs because of the difference in the hens that lay them.
White eggs are laid by chickens with white feathers and white ear lobes, while brown eggs are laid by red-feathered chickens with red ear lobes.
Are brown eggs healthier than white eggs?
When it comes to taste and nutrition, there is no difference between white and brown eggs.
Despite the fact that they're often more expensive, brown eggs aren't any better for you than white eggs, and vice versa.
Do brown eggs taste different?
Some people swear that brown eggs taste better, while others prefer the taste of white eggs.
But just as with nutritional content, there is no real difference between the taste of brown- and white-shelled eggs.
However, that doesn't necessarily mean that all eggs taste the same
All this being said, it's possible the red feathered chickens are treated better, and fed better, but I can't vouch for any of this, and I don't think I've ever had a brown egg.

One day I'll have to do a comparison.

If you can't sleep, this will help... Pleasant dreams: https://www.huffingtonpost.ca/entry/bro ... c49f46fc45
Nov 20, 2006
254 posts
106 upvotes
I don't know if it's too late to post this or not.
My offer was still showing in the app after buying 2 dozen eggs earlier today. So we went back and were able to get 2 dz 2 more times. So total of 6 dz brown eggs. And the offer is still there!!
Nov 20, 2006
254 posts
106 upvotes
IDStorms wrote: I had this last week, but it wouldn't work, and still scanned at $1.99 (which is still a decent price)

This week I had Lays Chips for $1.49, and that worked after scanning my card.

Not worth the time and effort for the missing dollar for the eggs, and there were a lot of complaints on FB about the PC app/egg deal not working in Quebec.
You have to check out to pay for the price to change to $1.49.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 7, 2011
8623 posts
12104 upvotes
macsk wrote: You have to check out to pay for the price to change to $1.49.
I went to a cashier!

This weekend I scanned my card first, and the price of the chips went from $1.99, to $1.49.

Last week when I did the same for eggs, the cashier told me the price of eggs didn't change for anyone, and I had to contact support to see what can be done.

At $1.99 I still bought them, but the price was supposed to be $1.29 or $1.49 after scanning my card.

Are you in QC, and did it work for you... I don't know of anyone in QC who got it to work for eggs just by using the app.
Last edited by IDStorms on Sep 21st, 2020 10:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nov 20, 2006
254 posts
106 upvotes
IDStorms wrote: I went to a cashier!

This weekend I scanned my card first, and the price of the chips went from $1.99, to $1.49.

Last week when I did the same for eggs, the cashier told me the price of eggs didn't change for anyone, and I had to contact support to see what can be done.

At $1.99 I still bought them, but the price was supposed to be $1.29 or $1.49 after scanning my card.

Are you in QC, and did it work for you... I don't know of anyone who got it to work for eggs just by using the app.
I'm in Toronto. I bought eggs for $1.29 last week too. I always get the cashier to scan my PCO card first and each time the price did not change until after the cashier checks me out to pay.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 7, 2011
8623 posts
12104 upvotes
macsk wrote: I'm in Toronto. I bought eggs for $1.29 last week too. I always get the cashier to scan my PCO card first and each time the price did not change until after the cashier checks me out to pay.
That's great, but like I said, I still bought the eggs for $1.99, and that was the price I paid.

It never changed. :(
Aug 29, 2018
730 posts
742 upvotes
Grabbed 2 large brown eggs on Saturday. Used self-checkout, at first they rang up at $3.99/each, scanned my card, price never changed. Price only changed after your about to pay for it, then it changed to $1.49/each.

Grabbed 1 regular no-name large eggs the week before @ $1.29.

Stocked up for eggs for awhile

As for why I grabbed brown, more expensive, better value!! But in the end, all taste same
Aug 12, 2014
216 posts
147 upvotes
Toronto, ON
macsk wrote: I'm in Toronto. I bought eggs for $1.29 last week too. I always get the cashier to scan my PCO card first and each time the price did not change until after the cashier checks me out to pay.
some of the special like 2 for x.00$, it only shows when the total is finalized. it's the same using the machine and i have to hit the pay button to see but it is not easy to check all of them because you cannot scroll your scanned items after hitting pay. it is not user friendly for those who want to check the price because the promotion is added sometimes at the end.