Expired Hot Deals

[Shoppers Drug Mart / Pharmaprix] 10% Off Canadian Tire Gift Cards (Oct 28 to Nov 3, 2017)

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 4th, 2017 6:25 pm
Jul 27, 2016
238 posts
185 upvotes
I was heading over to SDM to get some of these gift cards before the offer ends tonight but on the way I saw the price of regular gas at CT is 124.9 while I know Costco still charges 106.8

Not sure it’s worth jumping thru all the hoops for a deal at CT or save the effort and keep going to Costco

Am I missing the concept of how much CT money I’ll be earning?
Deal Guru
Jun 26, 2011
11582 posts
1841 upvotes
Markham
trystee wrote:
Nov 3rd, 2017 6:30 pm
Loving the stories! But I do feel for the cashiers - most of their transactions, including GC's, require no PLU input or entering of discounts - just scan and total.
I agree with you about this for sure. The system should be setup to automatically discount during sale dates and that way there is no human error and it saves so much time. Still very surprising to see how many people struggle with moving a decimal but I guess at least they are working and trying.
Deal Expert
May 30, 2005
41009 posts
2269 upvotes
Richmond Hill
PierreS299131 wrote:
Nov 3rd, 2017 7:38 pm
I was heading over to SDM to get some of these gift cards before the offer ends tonight but on the way I saw the price of regular gas at CT is 124.9 while I know Costco still charges 106.8

Not sure it’s worth jumping thru all the hoops for a deal at CT or save the effort and keep going to Costco

In GTA, Costco is typically only 6-7c cheaper than the "street price". I'd say the price difference you cited is probably more of an exception than the norm.
***Brand New Nintendo Switch Console with Grey Joy-Con ONLY $330!!***
Silver Coins | 3M Furnace Filters | Philips Wake-Up Light with Radio
Heatware | RFD Feedback
Dec 15, 2006
571 posts
222 upvotes
Ottawa
etownjack wrote:
Nov 3rd, 2017 7:29 pm
They also told me the disclaimer on the back "Canadian Tire is not responsible for replacing the value on this card if it lost, stolen, destroyed, damaged or used without your knowledge or consent" Meaning they do no have to replace my compromised gift cards. So make this another warning to you all, request a fresh batch of cards from behind the till.
Fraudsters aren't using the card without your consent, like your kid stealing it from your wallet, they are exploiting CT's lack of security. Others have been reimbursed and I hope you are, too. Anyone who goes through this needs to remind CT that there is zero security on their GCs and they are putting their customers at great risk of fraud.
Deal Guru
Jun 26, 2011
11582 posts
1841 upvotes
Markham
virgonomic wrote:
Nov 3rd, 2017 8:39 pm
Fraudsters aren't using the card without your consent, like your kid stealing it from your wallet, they are exploiting CT's lack of security. Others have been reimbursed and I hope you are, too. Anyone who goes through this needs to remind CT that there is zero security on their GCs and they are putting their customers at great risk of fraud.
Agree. At the very least they could put a PIN on the back of the card and require it for online purchases.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 15, 2006
7595 posts
2008 upvotes
Toronto
Was at the SDM at Bathurst/Steeles. Lots of CT GCs, but they would only sell up to $400. Had to go to Yonge/Steeles to buy more, now this one is out.
Sep 6, 2017
469 posts
222 upvotes
trystee wrote:
Nov 3rd, 2017 6:30 pm

The cards should be activated when you pay for them. Posts in past threads mentioned that you have to wait 24 hours before using but I, always concerned about losing any paid GC value to theft, would always make my CT purchase right after I purchase the GC from SDM (usually within 10-20 minutes). I haven't had an issue yet that the cards weren't activated.
It seems that you got better odds hitting the 6/49 than getting both GC cards on discount and buying CT stuff on sale. Like many of us we want to buy snow tires and waiting for the big sales on them to come plus trying to get our hands on the 10% GC.
Jul 27, 2016
238 posts
185 upvotes
I need a bit more help before I decide...

The chart posted earlier in this thread really confused me so can anyone explain in plain language how/when you get multipliers on the $0.04/L CT-cash?

My tank holds ~55L so I’d never buy more than around 50L in one purchase but always 20+ so I’m always past the 15L minimum.

Thanks for helping
Deal Addict
Jan 7, 2008
1282 posts
214 upvotes
I too experienced cashiers with really poor math skills. What is even funnier is that shoppers went through the trouble of making separate promo codes for each denomination of card, so why do the cashiers need to calculate the 10%?? Shoppers just sets themselves up for these issues.
Mar 26, 2006
219 posts
35 upvotes
Ottawa
yesterday when I bought a bunch of cards. He did not know what to do. He even punched in $50 OFF (with the discount code) but he noticed it right away that something was wrong! I had to tell him to punch in 500 to get $5 off.
Deal Fanatic
May 29, 2006
9277 posts
1918 upvotes
PierreS299131 wrote:
Nov 3rd, 2017 10:06 pm
I need a bit more help before I decide...

The chart posted earlier in this thread really confused me so can anyone explain in plain language how/when you get multipliers on the $0.04/L CT-cash?

My tank holds ~55L so I’d never buy more than around 50L in one purchase but always 20+ so I’m always past the 15L minimum.

Thanks for helping
what province are you in, we don't have multiplyers in ALberta, 4c/l everyday here
Deal Fanatic
May 29, 2006
9277 posts
1918 upvotes
PierreS299131 wrote:
Nov 3rd, 2017 7:38 pm

I'm assuming you are in AB, the Costco price will be higher today or tomorrow. it will be probably 1.19 or so.
Sep 6, 2009
180 posts
29 upvotes
does the bonus ct money deal today apply to gas?
Nov 6, 2013
945 posts
280 upvotes
Toronto
ppl2pass wrote:
Nov 4th, 2017 11:12 am
does the bonus ct money deal today apply to gas?
Says anything "in store".
Jul 27, 2016
238 posts
185 upvotes
rocking23nf wrote:
Nov 4th, 2017 10:36 am
I'm assuming you are in AB, the Costco price will be higher today or tomorrow. it will be probably 1.19 or so.
CT dropped to 121.9
Costco dropped to 107.8