Expired Hot Deals

[Shoppers Drug Mart / Pharmaprix] 20% Off $25 & $50 Gap Options, Gap, Banana Republic Or Old Navy Gift Cards (Jul 22 to 28, 2017)

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 29th, 2017 9:32 pm
Tags:
None
Aug 9, 2014
279 posts
108 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
X24Secret wrote:
Jul 23rd, 2017 7:51 am
Shoppers own GC earn points when you load. However most locations won't let you buy GC with shoppers GC.
In my experience it's not so much on a per location but per cashier basis. Yesterday I bought 100$ worth of of discounted Old Navy GC with SDM GCs (themselves discounted with a airmiles/shell promo). It helps if you are buying other things at the same time but I've been successful without. Look for the rookie looking cashier.
Dec 23, 2012
7 posts
13 upvotes
WOODBRIDGE
Picked up $200 worth, thanks OP!
Nov 5, 2013
191 posts
214 upvotes
Toronto
East york town center: First the lady ask her manager is there a limit on gift cards the guy is buying to many cards. When she got green light she said there is a scam going on with these cards are you sure you want to buy these cards, thre is no refund etc. I said yes i want to buy it. I can see her expressions and I don't understand this attitude.
Mar 7, 2011
769 posts
100 upvotes
Toronto
thericyip wrote:
Jul 23rd, 2017 1:34 am
Just take the receipt after you've received your items, go to the store and ask for a "change of tender".
Then you'll lose your ebates credit by doing so.
Nov 25, 2013
39 posts
20 upvotes
razrez wrote:
Jul 23rd, 2017 8:32 am
In my experience it's not so much on a per location but per cashier basis. Yesterday I bought 100$ worth of of discounted Old Navy GC with SDM GCs (themselves discounted with a airmiles/shell promo). It helps if you are buying other things at the same time but I've been successful without. Look for the rookie looking cashier.
I have a 20X coupon for today. Can I use the 20X to buy a shoppers gift card and then attempt to buy BR/Old Navy GC with shoppers gift card (will try to lump in a few things)? I tried buying a Shoppers GC with the 20x coupon and didn't work, but if anyone has been successful by buying a Shoppers GC along with a few things, please let me know and I will do that.

According to their policy, 13. Shoppers Optimum Points will not be issued respecting the purchase of the following items/services: gift cards and prepaid card products (except Shoppers Drug Mart- branded gift cards), wireless phone cards, stamps, Post Office, passport photos, tickets provided by Ticket Ops or any other event ticket provider, bus tickets and passes, products with codeine, cigarettes and tobacco (where sold), lottery tickets, delivery charges (where applicable), bill payments (where accepted), bottle deposits/returns (where accepted), gift with purchases, charitable donations
Deal Addict
Apr 2, 2010
1065 posts
379 upvotes
GTA
SolutionisT wrote:
Jul 23rd, 2017 9:09 am
East york town center: First the lady ask her manager is there a limit on gift cards the guy is buying to many cards. When she got green light she said there is a scam going on with these cards are you sure you want to buy these cards, thre is no refund etc. I said yes i want to buy it. I can see her expressions and I don't understand this attitude.
Could it be her warning about the problem where people read the code off the gift card and wait for someone to load it and then the scammer uses the gift card balance? It reminds me of the issue common to Canadian Tire:
https://forums.redflagdeals.com/do-not- ... e-2091032/
Aug 19, 2014
834 posts
368 upvotes
Can this GC be used across gap and old Navy? Does it work online or in store only?
Nov 25, 2013
39 posts
20 upvotes
chhotadon wrote:
Jul 24th, 2017 1:45 pm
Can this GC be used across gap and old Navy? Does it work online or in store only?
Works both online and in store. You would have to buy the GC that says Old Navy, Gap and BR (white with blue fonts I believe).
Nov 14, 2014
22 posts
91 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
jaye23 wrote:
Jul 24th, 2017 1:52 pm
Works both online and in store. You would have to buy the GC that says Old Navy, Gap and BR (white with blue fonts I believe).
Confirmed with customer service that ALL gap/old navy/banana republic gift cards can be used at any of the three stores as it is the same company. I have used an Old Navy gift card at Gap several times. FYI Gap has a 40% off sale right now -- just stacked this discount with the 20% from the gift card AND got 4% with ebates.
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2015
1268 posts
714 upvotes
Laval, QC
Was waiting for the gc goes on sale... totally missed this deal howeverFace With Tears Of Joy
Apr 14, 2015
494 posts
111 upvotes
Tsuu T'Ina, AB
Thanks, bought $200 worth for back to school shopping. Paid with my PC MasterCard for 3% in PC points. And hopefully I remember to use ebates for another 4%. Works out to some decent deals for kids clothes. The kids' backpacks from the Gap are decent quality if you can find a style your kid likes.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 18, 2012
7652 posts
2966 upvotes
East York
martydxb wrote:
Jul 24th, 2017 1:23 pm
Could it be her warning about the problem where people read the code off the gift card and wait for someone to load it and then the scammer uses the gift card balance? It reminds me of the issue common to Canadian Tire:
do-not-purchase-canadian-tire-gift-card ... e-2091032/
this happened to me after someone used a gift card that they traded to me off kijiji for an item... never trade off someone with gift cards, it's usually a scam