Hot Deals

Shoppers Drug Mart

[Pharmaprix] Good coffee - Good price $7.99 President's Choice Ground Coffee 875-930g (~2lbs) or Tassimo pods

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 1st, 2021 10:02 pm
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Apr 10, 2011
7723 posts
13006 upvotes
Montreal
The next sale will be from Saturday, February 29th to Friday, March 6th.
Last edited by Temporel on Feb 5th, 2020 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2014
2102 posts
3214 upvotes
Atlantic
Temporel wrote: The next sale will be from Saturday, February 29th to Friday, March 6th.
At the low low price of 6.99!
Deal Fanatic
Feb 27, 2015
5687 posts
3410 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Love PC coffee, bit I broke my drip coffee maker.

Anyone use this in a French Pressor Moka Pot?

Does it work?
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Apr 10, 2011
7723 posts
13006 upvotes
Montreal
JRGUINNESS wrote: Love PC coffee, but I broke my drip coffee maker. Anyone use this in a French Pressor Moka Pot? Does it work?
Any ground coffee will work with any brewing method but you will have to adjust the quantity and the infusion time.
Feb 18, 2020
33 posts
54 upvotes
Sweet!

Heading over right after work.

Thanks OP
Apr 20, 2016
366 posts
349 upvotes
Ottawa
$6.99 in the next SDM flyer, March 14 - 20
Nov 23, 2008
74 posts
133 upvotes
i tried the west coast dark roast based on the positive reviews but I wasn't a big fan.
I'll be going back to medium roast whole-bean coffee.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Apr 10, 2011
7723 posts
13006 upvotes
Montreal
The sale is back on ($6.99) from Saturday, April 11th to Friday, April 17th.

Plus, Saturday and Sunday, there's a 20 X the points event (30% back in points) when you spend $50.
Aug 26, 2019
356 posts
432 upvotes
The6ix
IMHO I've been drinking the PC west coast dark ever since I first stumbled upon it at RFD. From time to time I like to splurge on the PC Costa Rican when it goes down to $4.99, or Kicking Horse when I'm feeling like a baller and want to pay a normal $10/lb.
One of the tastiest coffees. My M.I.L who doesn't like touching anything without the "organic" label on it said its super tasty, and this was almost placebo given the situation.
I rarely every buy it for the normal 16. Everytime I walk out of that shoppers and pop back in the next day it goes back down to 6.99.

Stock up on 2-3 at a time. I have tried the whole bean version and didn't like it as much (although it was good still, I prefer a professional to grind my coffee down to the way they think it's ok)
Deal Addict
May 1, 2011
1818 posts
2466 upvotes
Halifax
West Coast Dark Roast is the most popular at SDM here. I use it to top up $50 purchases to get 20x and keep a couple in stock minimum if I can. Before the Covid-19 started to really get going there were a few weeks where every time I went they were all sold out. We were also waiting for the powerade 24s to go on sale for 9.99 which hadn't happened for months. So about 2 weeks before the lockdowns started we were in SDM and it was busy. We went and lucked out and got 2 9.99 powerades and could only find 1 dark roast. I was down to using my last can and needed to stock up. I found on the bottom shelf hidden another 6 dark roast. I took 3 more for a total of 4. The 2 powerades and 4 coffees filled a shopping cart and with our regular stuff we had 2 carts. A lady walks buy and says to me: " I see what your are doing, smart" and smiles (this was before the hoarding thing). I said "no, this is what I normally buy". She just looks at me and says "riiight" and winks.
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2006
3091 posts
2599 upvotes
Markham
Temporel wrote: The sale is back on ($6.99) from Saturday, April 11th to Friday, April 17th.

Plus, Saturday and Sunday, there's a 20 X the points event (30% back in points) when you spend $50.
Thanks. This is our go-to for store ground coffee and we’re down to our last tin.

Personally I find the West Coast Dark the right balance of bitterness and flavour. It also works well with our French press, but most of the time it goes into our drip machine.
Last edited by HDawg on Apr 11th, 2020 9:15 am, edited 2 times in total.

Freedom Mobile $40/20GB
Public Mobile $38/5GB
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Apr 10, 2011
7723 posts
13006 upvotes
Montreal
OAlton wrote: IMHO I've been drinking the PC west coast dark ever since I first stumbled upon it at RFD. From time to time I like to splurge on the PC Costa Rican when it goes down to $4.99, or Kicking Horse when I'm feeling like a baller and want to pay a normal $10/lb.
One of the tastiest coffees. My M.I.L who doesn't like touching anything without the "organic" label on it said its super tasty, and this was almost placebo given the situation.
I rarely every buy it for the normal 16. Everytime I walk out of that shoppers and pop back in the next day it goes back down to 6.99. (...)
Thanks for posting but I'm not sure I understand which one you say is "One of the tastiest coffees".
The PC West Coast Dark or the PC Costa Rican and the Kicking Horse?
Aug 26, 2019
356 posts
432 upvotes
The6ix
Temporel wrote: Thanks for posting but I'm not sure I understand which one you say is "One of the tastiest coffees".
The PC West Coast Dark or the PC Costa Rican and the Kicking Horse?
PCWD!
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Apr 10, 2011
7723 posts
13006 upvotes
Montreal
OAlton wrote: (...) Stock up on 2-3 at a time. (...)
tdracer wrote: (...) I took 3 more for a total of 4. (...)
I know it's tempting to stock-up for reaching the minimum spend for the PCO points events but please do yourself a favor and don't buy more than you can use in about 2 weeks.
Freshness makes such a difference for coffee and the sale comes back every two weeks like clock work.
Keep looking for further away Best before dates.
Once opened, split the can into smaller air-tight containers.
Deal Addict
May 1, 2011
1818 posts
2466 upvotes
Halifax
Temporel wrote: I know it's tempting to stock-up for reaching the minimum spend for the PCO points events but please do yourself a favor and don't buy more than you can use in about 2 weeks.
Freshness makes such a difference for coffee and the sale comes back every two weeks like clock work.
like I said, they were all sold out for weeks every time I went. I disagree with the freshness. I don't open them all and they are vacuum sealed. Technology is amazing and if it's vacuum sealed I can't see how anything goes unfresh especially in a month or 2. As for today, I only bought $32 worth of stuff and lost out on 20x because I didn't need anything else and didn't want to double and triple up on things and get dirty looks.
Deal Addict
Oct 11, 2005
1226 posts
2334 upvotes
Airdrie, AB
Temporel wrote: I know it's tempting to stock-up for reaching the minimum spend for the PCO points events but please do yourself a favor and don't buy more than you can use in about 2 weeks.
I do love the aroma of a freshly opened tin, and a tin lasts me over a month (only coffee consumer in the household, and I only brew enough for a travel mug at a time). The Great Canadian is my personal fave.

Currently $7.99 out west here, although it has seen $6.99 or $6.88 here in previous months. Doesn't seem to be quite that low every two weeks... it sometimes goes on sale here around $8.99 at SDM, and between $8.99 and $11.99 at No Frills/RCSS.

I bought around 4 tins last time these were under $7 here (I likely combined with a PCO offer... can't remember), and I find there's no reduction to freshness on a fresh tin that I bought 4+ months ago. Same great aroma and taste on a new vacuum-sealed tin!

Haven't gotten PCO offers for this in a while... Confused Face When I do, I try to save the offers and use them with a sale, but the planets don't always align, hence stocking up when they do...
Deal Addict
Aug 31, 2017
4719 posts
2557 upvotes
Can I use this in a French press?
I've been told freezing the coffee beans extends the quality and shelf life once opened.
Deal Addict
May 1, 2011
1818 posts
2466 upvotes
Halifax
MyNameWasTaken wrote: Can I use this in a French press?
I've been told freezing the coffee beans extends the quality and shelf life once opened.
tastes great in a french press. I used to use the aeropress but after it breaking I just went to a cheap french press. Depending on how much coffee you use and press you can also get a fake crema topping on it too.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)