Ongoing Deal Discussion

Shoppers Drug Mart

[Pharmaprix] Good coffee - Good price $9.99 President's Choice Ground Coffee 875-930g (~2lbs) or Tassimo pods

• Last Updated:
  • May 20th, 2022 2:49 pm
Deal Expert
Oct 28, 2004
22903 posts
4383 upvotes
Toronto
another vote for PC West Coast dark roast coffee - best bang for your buck and tasty coffee with discounts....

I also like McCafe grounds as well - but that is rarely on sale.

FS: Nothing at the moment
Heatware: 63-0-0
Deal Fanatic
Apr 29, 2008
7502 posts
4111 upvotes
Montreal
The $6.99 sale is active in Québec even though they Don’t have flyers these days (even electronic format).
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Apr 10, 2011
8973 posts
16210 upvotes
Montreal
MyNameWasTaken wrote: Can I use this in a French press?
I've been told freezing the coffee beans extends the quality and shelf life once opened.
Read post #46. :)
Many people freeze their coffee to keep it fresher longer. I do.
Others (purists) say it's not necessary or that it kills the flavors.
I suggest you test it for yourself.
Deal Addict
Dec 29, 2004
2798 posts
465 upvotes
Montreal
cashinstinct wrote: The $6.99 sale is active in Québec even though they Don’t have flyers these days (even electronic format).
Oof, Usually I check the Pharmaprix flyer religiously, but since they started suppressing and I saw it was @ Maxi for $8.88, I picked it up there Thursday... (Don't usually buy big tins, noticing this thread for the first time)
Just realized I can just use the SDM flyer as a guide, seems to have the same offers except for Ontario specific stuff.
An RFDer and his credit card number are soon parted.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 31, 2017
5052 posts
2863 upvotes
tdracer wrote: tastes great in a french press. I used to use the aeropress but after it breaking I just went to a cheap french press. Depending on how much coffee you use and press you can also get a fake crema topping on it too.
+1 for cheap French press, mine still going strong and coffee tastes good
Deal Fanatic
Aug 31, 2017
5052 posts
2863 upvotes
ji2o0k wrote: another vote for PC West Coast dark roast coffee - best bang for your buck and tasty coffee with discounts....

I also like McCafe grounds as well - but that is rarely on sale.
Is it fruity? Because I hate fruity and acidic coffee , but I love discovering new coffee beans
Deal Expert
Aug 6, 2001
16165 posts
3974 upvotes
Stuck in a Box
MyNameWasTaken wrote: +1 for cheap French press, mine still going strong and coffee tastes good
I keep switching between pour-over, french press and aeropress. These days, Aeropress with metal filter is my fav. Quick, easy and consistently good taste.
Deal Expert
Oct 28, 2004
22903 posts
4383 upvotes
Toronto
MyNameWasTaken wrote: Is it fruity? Because I hate fruity and acidic coffee , but I love discovering new coffee beans
is McCafe coffee fruity? I don't find it fruity - just more mellow over the PC West Coast Dark roast....

FS: Nothing at the moment
Heatware: 63-0-0
Aug 26, 2019
367 posts
436 upvotes
The6ix
Temporel wrote: I know it's tempting to stock-up for reaching the minimum spend for the PCO points events but please do yourself a favor and don't buy more than you can use in about 2 weeks.
Freshness makes such a difference for coffee and the sale comes back every two weeks like clock work.
Keep looking for further away Best before dates.
Once opened, split the can into smaller air-tight containers.
Thanks, but I don't do it for the points, I do it for coffee and the number of people in my household.
Please don't assume people are out to hoard.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Apr 10, 2011
8973 posts
16210 upvotes
Montreal
OAlton wrote: Thanks, but I don't do it for the points, I do it for coffee and the number of people in my household.
Please don't assume people are out to hoard.
It wasn't meant about hoarding at all.
"Freshness"... "Best before dates"... "air-tight containers"... and you read "Hoarding"?
I'm just a coffee nut. :)
Wishing every one enjoys a good cup of coffee.
What's the point of drinking coffee if it's not good?
Aug 26, 2019
367 posts
436 upvotes
The6ix
Temporel wrote: It wasn't meant about hoarding at all.
"Freshness"... "Best before dates"... "air-tight containers"... and you read "Hoarding"?
I'm just a coffee nut. :)
Wishing every one enjoys a good cup of coffee.
What's the point of drinking coffee if it's not good?
Lol let people buy as much as coffee as they want. Because that is what they will do without thinking of what you had to say! Have a great day!
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2014
2416 posts
3785 upvotes
Atlantic
Deal back on starting this Saturday. April 25 - May 1

$6.99
Aug 6, 2012
330 posts
175 upvotes
TORONTO
Temporel wrote: Any ground coffee will work with any brewing method but you will have to adjust the quantity and the infusion time.
Depends on what is meant by 'work'. A very fine espresso grind will not be filtered by a lot of French Press filters so there will be a lot of grinds & settlement in the resulting coffee.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Apr 10, 2011
8973 posts
16210 upvotes
Montreal
EasyCompany251 wrote: Deal back on starting this Saturday. April 25 - May 1

$6.99
... and there's a bonus redemption event going on.
Deal Addict
Aug 30, 2011
1986 posts
660 upvotes
Edmonton
Kinda unrelated, but I found Starbucks ground coffee at $8.99 plus $5 discount sticker at Shoppers. Probably store dependent as it was nearing its best before date
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Apr 10, 2011
8973 posts
16210 upvotes
Montreal
The sale is back on from Saturday, May 9th to Friday, May 15th.
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2006
4421 posts
1511 upvotes
Ontario
Have bought many of these over the last year but never received a personalized PC Optimum offer. How about others?
Cards:HSBC WE MC 1.5%/3% travel 0 FX MC acceptance 31 day med AF $49
CTC WE MC 3% grocery, 3.54% CTC, RA, billpay, AF $0
Bank: Alterna (0.9%, no fees)
Broker: IB (Foreign stocks/low comm/low margin rates)
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Apr 10, 2011
8973 posts
16210 upvotes
Montreal
minimalist wrote: Have bought many of these over the last year but never received a personalized PC Optimum offer. How about others?

I'm also a regular customer. IIRC, I never got an offer for that coffee. Probably because the sale price is already so low. I think the regular price is $15.99

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)