Expired Hot Deals

Shoppers Drug Mart

Philips Sonicare Flexcare Platinum 50% off stack with $15 coupon + 2 FREE adult Cineplex movie passes HOT ($97.99 total)

[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 13, 2013
1009 posts
1753 upvotes
Kingston, ON

[Shoppers Drug Mart] Philips Sonicare Flexcare Platinum 50% off stack with $15 coupon + 2 FREE adult Cineplex movie passes HOT ($97.99 total)

So check your local Shoppers Drug Mart flyer which should show 50% off Philips Sonicare Flexcare Platinum toothbrush.

I went today and saw it for $199.99 reg. and on sale for $99.99. The model I got was HX9172/15.

Then I printed, PRINTED I say, not smartphone look-see to the cashier but yes PRINTED this $15 coupon which you can fish for at the below link on smartsource:

http://www.smartsource.ca/smartsource2/ ... cale=en_CA

Just select your province, then select Philips Sonicare as the brand and look for the specific coupon which saves you $15 (in Ontario at least) off Sonicare Flexcare toothbrushes.

print that coupon off and head to Shoppers d Mart.

use the coupon which will subtract $15 off the total. So it'll be $99.99 + tax then they'll subtract the $15 after tax. Comes to about $97.99 all in. Then, I think it's today + tomorrow only, if you spend $75+ at Shoppers you get TWO free admit one adult Cineplex movie passes.

Pretty hot deal.
Images
  • shhhhh.jpg
  • phhhh.jpg
66 replies
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 13, 2013
1009 posts
1753 upvotes
Kingston, ON
also...the movie passes don't expires until 2019. They have little to no restrictions too.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 11, 2008
8549 posts
2206 upvotes
FYI, some shoppers may still have lingering 20$ coupons on tear pads by the toothbrush section.

Deal is warm at best to me. Costco sells the two pack version for 179.99., and I think 169.99 in store. I guess you can argue you the cineplex tickets are worth something.

http://www.costco.ca/Philips%C2%AE-Soni ... 77822.html
Mar 23, 2008
180 posts
83 upvotes
Halifax
Thanks OP. Where are you located (what area flyer) and are you able to say what page it is on? It isn't in my local flyer in NS but that would be a great deal.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 13, 2013
1009 posts
1753 upvotes
Kingston, ON
EPcjay wrote: FYI, some shoppers may still have lingering 20$ coupons on tear pads by the toothbrush section.

Deal is warm at best to me. Costco sells the two pack version for 179.99., and I think 169.99 in store. I guess you can argue you the cineplex tickets are worth something.

these ones in your Costco link are Sonicare Flexcare PREMIUM (aka Plus)....the ones I found at Shoppers are Sonicare Flexcare PLATINUM. Mine have better reviews.

If you look, they have a different appearance and features. Different model numbers too.
Deal Expert
Jun 23, 2005
24224 posts
194053 upvotes
GTA
EPcjay wrote: FYI, some shoppers may still have lingering 20$ coupons on tear pads by the toothbrush section.

Was going to bring that up as well, although that is reg. price, when it is on sale, which is usually a few times a year, it will be another $30 or so off, so ~$70-75 each. Of course, you have to buy it in a pack of 2, which not everyone wants, but it works out better for us, plus I don't have any particular interest in the movie tickets.
Nov 24, 2016
109 posts
47 upvotes
Toronto
Back from my shoppers (lakeshore and leslie) there were no tearpad coupons, but there was only one of these on the shelves. Came up to 98.04 total for me though.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 13, 2013
1009 posts
1753 upvotes
Kingston, ON
toguy wrote: Was going to bring that up as well, although that is reg. price, when it is on sale, which is usually a few times a year, it will be another $30 or so off, so ~$70-75 each. Of course, you have to buy it in a pack of 2, which not everyone wants, but it works out better for us, plus I don't have any particular interest in the movie tickets.
I just clicked the "view more details" tab on that Costco link to reveal these are model HX6962/73. Meanwhile, the one you're getting at Shoppers Drug Mart is model HX9172/15. Series 9000 > series 6000. The exact one I got today at Kingston Shopper's D Mart was this one below which you can check reviews on Amazon:

https://www.amazon.ca/Philips-Sonicare- ... B01406JTJW
Last edited by Guest44573738 on Jan 7th, 2017 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mar 23, 2008
180 posts
83 upvotes
Halifax
It was onsale in NS and got two. Thanks again. This is definitely a better model than the one at costco - or at least has more features.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 13, 2013
1009 posts
1753 upvotes
Kingston, ON
puremega wrote: It was onsale in NS and got two. Thanks again. This is definitely a better model than the one at costco - or at least has more features.
Yepp, I just clicked the "view more details" tab on that Costco link to reveal these are model HX6962/73. Meanwhile, the one you're getting at Shoppers Drug Mart is model HX9172/15. Series 9000 > series 6000.

The ones at Shopper's are far better even though they are both "Flexcare" models.
Deal Expert
Jun 23, 2005
24224 posts
194053 upvotes
GTA
ips1177 wrote: these ones in your Costco link are Sonicare Flexcare PREMIUM (aka Plus)....the ones I found at Shoppers are Sonicare Flexcare PLATINUM. Mine have better reviews.

If you look, they have a different appearance and features. Different model numbers too.
Funny you should bring that up, because as someone that has had the FlexCare Plus, Platinum as well as the DiamondClean series in the household, I will still get the FlexCare Plus, because the latter 2 both failed me, as they are flawed in design IMO. You will notice that the Plus, while it does not look as sleek as the other 2, has buttons that are completely sealed where they attach to the body. This means that there is far less risk of water/toothpaste residue getting inside the unit and stopping the buttons/motor from working (or working properly), which is what happened to the units we had. This is definitely a case of where a higher model number/spending more money does not equate to getting a "better" model.

Not to mention, Costco does have hassle-free returns if something does go wrong.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 13, 2013
1009 posts
1753 upvotes
Kingston, ON
toguy wrote: Funny you should bring that up, because as someone that has had the FlexCare Plus, Platinum as well as the DiamondClean series in the household, I will still get the FlexCare Plus, because the latter 2 both failed me, as they are flawed in design IMO. You will notice that the Plus, while it does not look as sleek as the other 2, has buttons that are completely sealed where they attach to the body. This means that there is far less risk of water/toothpaste residue getting inside the unit and stopping the buttons/motor from working (or working properly), which is what happened to the units we had. This is definitely a case of where a higher model number/spending more money does not equate to getting a "better" model.

Not to mention, Costco does have hassle-free returns if something does go wrong.
...oh yeah well you're not gunna get to go to the movies with me for FREE. I'll use my new Flexcare PLATINUM to brush the popcorn away.
Deal Addict
Jul 12, 2004
4133 posts
499 upvotes
Toronto
Just got back from my shoppers.
Cashier denied the coupon on the first time, said they can't combine rebate coupon when item is on sale.
I said that's not true, it's the same as manufacture reimbursement coupons you guys have lying around from time to time.

Asked to check with manager and eventually they did it for me. Although the experience wasn't pleasant, the whole time he seemed grumpy about it.
Must be the weather.

EDIT: side question, what's the best brush head for these models?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 13, 2013
1009 posts
1753 upvotes
Kingston, ON
SuckaB wrote: Just got back from my shoppers.
Cashier denied the coupon on the first time, said they can't combine rebate coupon when item is on sale.
I said that's not true, it's the same as manufacture reimbursement coupons you guys have lying around from time to time.

Asked to check with manager and eventually they did it for me. Although the experience wasn't pleasant, the whole time he seemed grumpy about it.
Must be the weather.

EDIT: side question, what's the best brush head for these models?
good question, I'd also like to know which brush heads are best for this model...
Deal Addict
Sep 24, 2007
2089 posts
820 upvotes
I have the platinum version from Amazon deal I posted last week for $99, think this be the better deal. The guy might have a point, the buttons I hope would have some insulation inside that makes it water resistant. My Oral B 5000 has a covered button as well but the platinum has a metal button that from the outside is not insulated. I wipe down my brushes every time but heard reports on Amazon that there have been spontaneous failures with this model maybe becus of the unprotected buttons? Not sure.

Good solid brush so far, batt lasts me a week betwn charges.

BTW, their brushes are super expensive, used Ali and picked up a few clones. The diamondhead brushes should work on this model, https://www.aliexpress.com/wholesale?ca ... rush+heads
Deal Fanatic
Nov 11, 2008
8549 posts
2206 upvotes
I believe the costco version is an older model, and the shoppers model is a "Refreshed" model. Features are almost identical.
Deal Addict
Jun 18, 2004
1206 posts
399 upvotes
I received a spend $75 get 12500 points email so I loaded it to the card. I went to Shoppers for this deal and I got the 12500 points + $15 off coupon + 2 movie tickets. Thanks OP

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)