Expired Hot Deals

Shoppers Drug Mart

Philips Sonicare Flexcare Platinum 50% off stack with $15 coupon + 2 FREE adult Cineplex movie passes HOT ($97.99 total)

Deal Guru
Oct 21, 2015
11860 posts
104956 upvotes
Ontario
FYI it's not a very good toothbrush compare to other sonicares. I had this before and it's not as powerful as Diamond CLean.

It's very similar to the Costco one. Just slightly different but still not worth $100.

However, if you can get extra points, 2 free movie ticks ( $20 value ) and the $20 coupon ( Shopper and Superstore had it for a while and expires until Jan 17th), it will be worth it.
Costco West: BC, AB, SK & MB
Costco East: ON, Québec , NB, NS & PEI
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 13, 2013
1009 posts
1753 upvotes
Kingston, ON
Thatdealguy wrote: FYI it's not a very good toothbrush compare to other sonicares. I had this before and it's not as powerful as Diamond CLean.

It's very similar to the Costco one. Just slightly different but still not worth $100.

However, if you can get extra points, 2 free movie ticks ( $20 value ) and the $20 coupon ( Shopper and Superstore had it for a while and expires until Jan 17th), it will be worth it.
well which sonicare models are better besides diamondclean?
Dec 22, 2015
32 posts
12 upvotes
Hamilton, ON
Hi Astrotrain,

Can you plz compare your experience between this model and Oral B 5000? I am not sure if I should switch over from Oral-b to Sonicare, the Philips brush heads are too expensive when compared to Oral-B brush heads.
Deal Addict
Sep 24, 2007
2090 posts
822 upvotes
jeg1990 wrote: Hi Astrotrain,

Can you plz compare your experience between this model and Oral B 5000? I am not sure if I should switch over from Oral-b to Sonicare, the Philips brush heads are too expensive when compared to Oral-B brush heads.
I only switched over becus this model was on sale from Amazon and offered more accessories than my 5000 kit.
It included 2 chargers than 1 but the main difference between this Platinum model and the 5000 I have is:

1) The platinum can work overseas without a power converter. I had to lug around a voltage converter when I used my 5000 last year in China. 110 volt to 240 volt for the Sonicare.
2) The brush heads for Sonicare is larger therefore seems a more thorough brush and my teeth feel more clean. Using the brush heads of the Oral Bs you need to be more precise and not lazy in covering all your teeth becus the head is small but then again you can cover each tooth on the 5000 better than the Sonicare.
3) the Battery on the Sonicare uses Lithium the OralBs use Nic, if you have been using Oral Bs for years you know the batt starts to wane after a year, the indicator becomes a joke, sometimes it shows 3 bars but you feel the head spinning much slower, sometimes only 2 bars and it feels more energetic. Braun refuses to change them to lithium so people have to replace their brushes every couple of years. The Sonicare I can get 1 week since I brush 3 times daily on deep clean. There is no memory effect on the batt, when it is low 1 bar the motors still spin like it was full charge. Not so with Oral B again. You should know this as well.

Only had it for 2 weeks so can't speak for durability on the Sonicare. I just hope so of these clone brush heads I got from Ali function properly like my clone Oral B ones, that was the same impediment I felt as well from switching from B to Sonicare.
Dec 22, 2015
32 posts
12 upvotes
Hamilton, ON
Thanks a lot for the detailed explanation,

I have been using the Oral-b only for a month, so-far I am very satisfied with the charge and also its cleaning function(considering that I switched from manual brush to Oral-b). Again thanks, for pointing out about the voltage issues( as I will be traveling frequently to Asian countries) and also the Lithium vs Nic battery.

I am making the switch to Sonicare and will reach out to Amazon to check their return policy, if not I might send it to Oral-B for a full refund. Face With Stuck-out Tongue And Tightly-closed Eyes
Feb 9, 2008
553 posts
117 upvotes
Thanks OP, got a few for me and fam. Redeemed points so no movie tickets.
Deal Addict
Sep 12, 2007
2855 posts
987 upvotes
Thanks OP, wife picked one up with points, really great deal and used a $20off coupon that you could tear off right by the toothbrush.

Picked up at Atwater market SDG
Nov 21, 2015
407 posts
226 upvotes
Port Coquitlam, BC
$92 after tax when using $20 off coupon. $20 value of the movie tickets and $7 value of the extra brush head means total price came out to $65. Worth it at that price. Didn't have a great points coupon but if you do that makes it a hotter deal.
Deal Addict
Mar 22, 2013
1033 posts
1606 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks OP, pretty great deal!

For what it's worth, looks like I got the last one at the SDM on Queen's Quay downtown Toronto.

I didn't see any coupons in the store, but I had printed and walked with the $15 coupon. Had absolutely no problem getting it to work. Sometimes I think some RFDers go into stores feeling really entitled. Being friendly goes a long way.
Deal Fanatic
May 25, 2009
7346 posts
3864 upvotes
Toronto
Do these use the same brush heads as the $30 (well $10 after coupon) sonicare from Walmart? I know this platinum has more modes (speed of vibration?), but isn't one of the modes on this the same as what you get from the $10 one? So lets say you only use that mode on the platinum, since the brush head is the same, is there really any difference cleaning-wise between the two?

Also, what's better, vibrating (Sonicare) or rotating (OralB)? Each says their own is superior so...
Dec 19, 2006
812 posts
775 upvotes
Vancouver
chinook79 wrote: Not available in BC
It's in the BC flyer. The ad is on the bottom section of page 12. It's pretty tiny though, easy to miss. The ad just says 50% off Philips Sonicare Flexcare, not $99.99
Nov 21, 2015
407 posts
226 upvotes
Port Coquitlam, BC
fightbriz wrote: Do these use the same brush heads as the $30 (well $10 after coupon) sonicare from Walmart? I know this platinum has more modes (speed of vibration?), but isn't one of the modes on this the same as what you get from the $10 one? So lets say you only use that mode on the platinum, since the brush head is the same, is there really any difference cleaning-wise between the two?

Also, what's better, vibrating (Sonicare) or rotating (OralB)? Each says their own is superior so...
Cleaning wise, the Walmart brush should be the same. The difference between the two would be the design (this one is sleeker), the build quality, and most importantly the battery. Lithium ion vs nicad on the cheaper brush. They can both use the same brush heads.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 11, 2008
8639 posts
2288 upvotes
fightbriz wrote: Do these use the same brush heads as the $30 (well $10 after coupon) sonicare from Walmart? I know this platinum has more modes (speed of vibration?), but isn't one of the modes on this the same as what you get from the $10 one? So lets say you only use that mode on the platinum, since the brush head is the same, is there really any difference cleaning-wise between the two?

Walmart one show stats on 31000 strokes per minute while these higher end units show 62000 strokes per minute.

Personally, I'd just stick with my 10$ one. How much 'cleaner' will this help my teeth? That's what my dental cleanings are for!
Deal Fanatic
Apr 17, 2005
5255 posts
2076 upvotes
Kitchener
I have a 12000 point on $50 coupon valid only on Jan 9 and I'm very tempted to get in on this deal.

This toothbrush looks like it uses a 18650 cell with 2 rods soldered onto it. Which is way way way better than my Oral B 5000 which cannot stay alive away from the charger anymore. Especially if it's exposed to the cold.
This space is intentionally left blank.
Deal Addict
Oct 7, 2007
2745 posts
1632 upvotes
Edmonton
codtongues wrote: I received a spend $75 get 12500 points email so I loaded it to the card. I went to Shoppers for this deal and I got the 12500 points + $15 off coupon + 2 movie tickets. Thanks OP
NOw thats saving the RFD way!!!!
Jan 19, 2008
100 posts
117 upvotes
Toronto
Purchased! Got an additional 13,860 points with a digital coupon for 14X points when spending $25 or more.
Avid thrift-er
Jul 4, 2015
349 posts
185 upvotes
althanis wrote: Thanks OP, pretty great deal!

For what it's worth, looks like I got the last one at the SDM on Queen's Quay downtown Toronto.

I didn't see any coupons in the store, but I had printed and walked with the $15 coupon. Had absolutely no problem getting it to work. Sometimes I think some RFDers go into stores feeling really entitled. Being friendly goes a long way.
Why would you assume those people who had their printed coupon denied were entitled and unfriendly? It's well known some stores will not accept printed coupons due to risk of fraud, especially stores like SDM which are individually owned.
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
16759 posts
4429 upvotes
So what is d diff btw this $100 n the $10 deal?
2007 - Ipod Video (TD), Ipod Shuffle (GM)
2006 - Ipod Nano (TD)
2005 - Ipod Shuffle (TD)
Deal Fanatic
Jul 7, 2003
7360 posts
2362 upvotes
T dot 6
FYI: if you register the sonicare online you get an addition 6 months warranty on top of the 2 year www.sonicare.com/register
stubhub and clearly.ca suck, like really suck
Deal Fanatic
Nov 18, 2008
8850 posts
2216 upvotes
Mont-Royal
How does this compare to diamond clean?
"Every marathon you run, your heart scars and you will die faster. If you think running a marathon is fitness, then you know NOTHING ABOUT HEALTH & FITNESS."
- Training 101

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)