Expired Hot Deals

[Shoppers Drug Mart] PlayStation 5 (PS5) Pre-Orders at Shoppers start at 6pm EST tonight!

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 27th, 2020 11:06 am
Aug 17, 2017
228 posts
210 upvotes
Question:

If you redeem points on the ps5, and pay some balance with a credit card, would the ps5 be eligible for the extended warranties that the credit cards provide.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 13, 2002
5957 posts
406 upvotes
Calgary
xCameron94x wrote: Question:

If you redeem points on the ps5, and pay some balance with a credit card, would the ps5 be eligible for the extended warranties that the credit cards provide.
no usually you need to pay the full price for the cc waranty to work
Deal Addict
Nov 19, 2009
1137 posts
418 upvotes
Laval
xCameron94x wrote: Question:

No, AFAIK you need to pay the full balance.
Do you have the PC Financial MC? Does it have an extended warranty?
Aug 17, 2017
228 posts
210 upvotes
Gary320 wrote: No, AFAIK you need to pay the full balance.
Do you have the PC Financial MC? Does it have an extended warranty?
I do have the PC financial card, and on the booklet it says it needs to be paid in full for the extended warranty to apply. Was just curious because if you buy it at shoppers and use optimum pints if there was some sort of loophole. I remember when I had my ps4 in year 2, the power supply in the system was faulty, the extended warranty I had on my previous card really help save that
Deal Addict
Nov 19, 2009
1137 posts
418 upvotes
Laval
xCameron94x wrote: I do have the PC financial card, and on the booklet it says it needs to be paid in full for the extended warranty to apply. Was just curious because if you buy it at shoppers and use optimum pints if there was some sort of loophole. I remember when I had my ps4 in year 2, the power supply in the system was faulty, the extended warranty I had on my previous card really help save that
How long is the extended warranty? I couldnt find the details. I also have the PC Financial WE MC
Aug 17, 2017
228 posts
210 upvotes
Gary320 wrote: How long is the extended warranty? I couldnt find the details. I also have the PC Financial WE MC
It basically doubles the warranty on whatever you purchase . So if sony offers a 1 year warranty, you would be covered for 2 if you use your card
Deal Addict
Oct 1, 2006
2157 posts
1766 upvotes
Montreal
Gary320 wrote: How long is the extended warranty? I couldnt find the details. I also have the PC Financial WE MC
Since you are in Quebec you will be covered by the consumer protection act (i.e. The Legal Warranty) in the case your PS5 break downs after e.g. 3 years. They need to fix it free of charge or give you the money back.
Deal Addict
Nov 19, 2009
1137 posts
418 upvotes
Laval
Germack wrote: Since you are in Quebec you will be covered by the consumer protection act (i.e. The Legal Warranty) in the case your PS5 break downs after e.g. 3 years. They need to fix it free of charge or give you the money back.
I knew we had a lot of good protection for consumers but I didn't even know about this. Is this for all electronics? Do you have a link?
Deal Addict
Oct 1, 2006
2157 posts
1766 upvotes
Montreal
Gary320 wrote: I knew we had a lot of good protection for consumers but I didn't even know about this. Is this for all electronics? Do you have a link?
This is for all products bought. My dehumidifier recently broke down after 3.5 years. I wrote an email to the company mentioning the legal warranty and they gave me my money back. Not many people know about this warranty.

https://educaloi.qc.ca/en/capsules/the- ... consumers/
Deal Addict
Nov 19, 2009
1137 posts
418 upvotes
Laval
Germack wrote: This is for all products bought. My dehumidifier recently broke down after 3.5 years. I wrote an email to the company mentioning the legal warranty and they gave me my money back. Not many people know about this warranty.

https://educaloi.qc.ca/en/capsules/the- ... consumers/
Thanks alot! That'll save me a bunch on any extended warranty for the PS5 and a new TV i just bought.
Aug 9, 2020
3 posts
georgep wrote: Yeah, that is when the 2nd email confirmation went out. I received mine on Oct 3rd as well. Just curious as to whether there were any people who didn't received the 2nd email.
The second email has a confirmation code ID in it. I'm assuming they'll be asking for them..
Oct 26, 2020
3 posts
1 upvote
In the email it says pickup from the 12th to the 19th, does that mean that you have that timeframe to pick it up or does it mean that it will arrive at the store sometime between the 12th and the 19th?
Deal Addict
Feb 14, 2006
1069 posts
146 upvotes
Toronto
Raps0313 wrote: The second email has a confirmation code ID in it. I'm assuming they'll be asking for them..
They will be asking for government id + second email (or third whenever they send that email)
Jul 11, 2004
901 posts
157 upvotes
For those that only received the "PlayStation®5 - You Did It" email and no other, I contacted Shopper's customer support a couple of days ago to confirm my pre-order and this is what they sent me.

Thank you for writing to us.
Please be assured your Playstation Pre-order is active.
You order can be picked up in the location in which the order was placed between November 12, 2020 to November 19, 2020.
To pick up you will be required to present Payment and a government issued ID with the name that was on the order form.

Please let us know if you have any further questions. We kindly ask that you do not delete or change the reference number in the subject line of this email.

Sincerely,
Amber

Shoppers Drug Mart Customer Care

Yes, it does look like standard boiler plate reply, but, according to it, my order is still active. So, there might be hope for those that didn't receive that second email after the "PlayStation®5 - You Did It" email.