Expired Hot Deals

[Shoppers Drug Mart] PlayStation 5 (PS5) Pre-Orders at Shoppers start at 6pm EST tonight!

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 7th, 2020 6:22 pm
Mar 29, 2019
250 posts
287 upvotes
dxxalf wrote: CC warranties extend the manufacturer warranty. It doesn’t replace it. You still have to deal with the manufacturer for the initial first year of warranty (in the case of Sony or Nintendo). Not to mention you likely can’t use points to redeem because the extended warranties require you put the full value of the device on the card.

You’re missing the point anyway. The fact you can’t return or exchange a faulty unit within 15 (30?) days like at other retailers like Best Buy or Walmart is a huge risk which, now that I’ve experienced it, would never take again at SDM.
Is this YMMV? I’ve returned electronics. ?
[OP]
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2009
18022 posts
5354 upvotes
Toronto
droopytrash wrote: Order from Best Buy/Amazon and also buy shoppers with points. Return shoppers purchase to Best Buy/Amazon.
You realize serial number is tracked on large items like this?
Real Estate Agent, MAcc, CPA, CA
Jul 28, 2018
158 posts
133 upvotes
Can't wait for the website to crash and everyone posts that it's not loading for them. Then when it loads, everything is sold out.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2009
18022 posts
5354 upvotes
Toronto
johnmoon wrote: not this again... lock this already
not a hot deal, should be with the old thread under ongoing deal discussion
Clearly admins of the forums disagree with you given Tom already edited thread title.

What’s not a deal to some is to others (in this case getting a product at listing price!) - forum isn’t built to serve a specific person...

There are currently 300+ people viewing this thread...more than most threads at the moment. So that should give you some indication....
Real Estate Agent, MAcc, CPA, CA
Sep 1, 2014
393 posts
328 upvotes
Ontario
Is there an actual product page created yet? Or will it be posted live on the link in thread at 6?
Oct 27, 2012
449 posts
234 upvotes
Thankfully I already secured my preorder, but I'll grab some popcorn and monitor this thread for the ensuing @#$&show and entertainment! And no I won't be trying to get one from Shoppers.
Nov 26, 2013
217 posts
81 upvotes
Surrey, BC
With a name like Supertrash, should we trust you? J/k j/k Face With Tears Of Joy
Supertrash17 wrote: Thankfully I already secured my preorder, but I'll grab some popcorn and monitor this thread for the ensuing @#$&show and entertainment! And no I won't be trying to get one from Shoppers.
Deal Addict
Mar 22, 2004
1791 posts
1268 upvotes
2.5 hours of speculation and repetitive questions.
5 days of complaining they didn’t get one.

Thanks OP, I had received this email too.
Jul 31, 2020
707 posts
474 upvotes
dxxalf wrote: Just putting here the standard disclaimer for buying big ticket electronics at SDM: while the points and offers are all enticing, be aware they do not take returns or exchanges on electronics. I experienced this first hand when a Switch Lite I bought was faulty and they left me to deal with Nintendo after only 5 days of my purchase.

For an item like the PS5, I would hate to get a faulty unit and have to resort to RMA’ing to Sony and waiting weeks/months for them to fix it. Chances are low this will happen, but don’t be surprised if you’re one of the unlucky few.
I’ve dealt with Sony warranty before, it was actually a good experience.
Nov 26, 2013
217 posts
81 upvotes
Surrey, BC
I'm with you there! Would be a nice way to end an otherwise downer of a Friday :s
Dmbpjfan wrote: Would be nice if ppl who already got 1 or multiple let those of us who are trying to get one........:Nevermind who am I kidding, that would never happen
Feb 19, 2019
154 posts
55 upvotes
Kevcorm wrote: I’ve dealt with Sony warranty before, it was actually a good experience.
I've never had to deal with warranty on anything I bought in my life, and I own a lot of tech!
I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.
Sep 1, 2014
393 posts
328 upvotes
Ontario
Think post got buried at end of last page.

Will there be a product page for this that goes lvie at 6,or will the link posted direct when live?
Deal Addict
Jul 17, 2009
1196 posts
336 upvotes
the best thing about these sudden preorders, moreso the previous one was the botters didn't have as much time to set up ahead of time so people could actually get it,

Reminder for anyone who doesn't get one, don't get one off of kijiji later, there is 0 reason to rush out and get one.
Same thing with 3080 people, it is expected that October will have 9x the units shipped then what was available at launch, no reason to rush out immediately, your games can play just as well with whatever card you have in the meantime.

edit, im dumb, meant 3080 not 2080
Last edited by veryboredguy on Sep 18th, 2020 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Feb 18, 2020
34 posts
41 upvotes
Maybe I'm clueless but on November 12th are people really expecting a huge shortage of Playstation 5s? With the economy during covid it's hard to predict especially spending more than $500 on console.
Jul 31, 2020
707 posts
474 upvotes
AtifM10644 wrote: I've never had to deal with warranty on anything I bought in my life, and I own a lot of tech!
My original ps4 would just eject disks, sony was quick though.
Jul 31, 2020
707 posts
474 upvotes
NathanP29246 wrote: Maybe I'm clueless but on November 12th are people really expecting a huge shortage of Playstation 5s? With the economy during covid it's hard to predict especially spending more than $500 on console.
There will be at first, but later on im sure there will be some.
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2007
1495 posts
567 upvotes
NathanP29246 wrote: Maybe I'm clueless but on November 12th are people really expecting a huge shortage of Playstation 5s? With the economy during covid it's hard to predict especially spending more than $500 on console.
PS4 had plenty, there was tons of concern and as it turned out you could buy one with little issue in the first week. There is some speculation that there will be a PS5 shortage though, who knows!
Deal Addict
Feb 14, 2016
1696 posts
1121 upvotes
I wonder if shoppers will charge full amount up front, instead of putting a placeholder like bestbuy
Jul 24, 2018
274 posts
130 upvotes
Toronto
People really believe that they won't able to get it if can't pre-order lol. Sony's team works good here.

They will keep re-stock again and again to sell more. Amazon just said we will re stock PS5 on Monday. But some people rush each other. And I know they have a reason.