Expired Hot Deals

[Shoppers Drug Mart] PlayStation 5 (PS5) Pre-Orders at Shoppers start at 6pm EST tonight!

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 7th, 2020 6:22 pm
Deal Addict
Sep 6, 2008
3984 posts
1816 upvotes
BC
I'm not currently part of the Shoppers Reward program, is it worth it to start with this purchase?
My PS5 is ready for pick up so should I sign up for something and try to get the 20x points etc as a first timer?
Sep 17, 2020
7 posts
4 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Feegus wrote: I'm not currently part of the Shoppers Reward program, is it worth it to start with this purchase?
My PS5 is ready for pick up so should I sign up for something and try to get the 20x points etc as a first timer?
100%.
------------------------------------------
Powered by Onion Nugget™
Deal Addict
Jan 9, 2013
1460 posts
1160 upvotes
St Catharines
Feegus wrote: I'm not currently part of the Shoppers Reward program, is it worth it to start with this purchase?
Yes! That's worth at least a couple accessories Slightly Smiling Face
Deal Addict
Jan 9, 2013
1460 posts
1160 upvotes
St Catharines
Feegus wrote: Okay thanks! Once signed up is there anything I need to do other than make the purchase?
20x points is Nov 14th I think so I should wait until then I guess?
That's it! They give you the card at the store, they scan it when you pay, and then you go home and register so you can use the app, shop online, etc etc.
Deal Addict
Nov 24, 2015
1092 posts
816 upvotes
Durham Region
DPyro wrote: My SDM online order shipped. Used favorites trick to add to cart.
What is this truck? (For future reference)
Sep 24, 2018
120 posts
199 upvotes
I picked up mine today. The store had received 30 pre-orders. 2x digital picked up, about 300k points.
Deal Addict
Nov 19, 2009
1173 posts
467 upvotes
Laval
Gino4lyfe wrote: To those who set up their consoles already, Is anyone experiencing any problems, i hear a slight buzzing from the back/bottom of the console especially more noticeable when playing a game (trying Astro's Playroom) and not as noticeable on the home screen....Not sure if its supposed to sound that way or if its just my console, i did check on reddit for anyone else if they are experiencing the same and i few people are..I know this isnt a technical thread but just wanted to see if any locals are experiencing similar situation...would be much appreciated!
Nothing so far. My TV is a little high so maybe thats why?
Only noise I've heard so far is the fan when I open my PS5 with a disc inside. It'll go on for a few seconds and then I never hear it again. Though I have only played for maybe 2-3 hours.
Jul 16, 2018
52 posts
13 upvotes
If anyone in mississauga or Toronto does not pickup their PS5 pre-order, please let me know! I would love to grab one from shoppers.
Deal Addict
Jan 9, 2013
1460 posts
1160 upvotes
St Catharines
Gino4lyfe wrote: To those who set up their consoles already, Is anyone experiencing any problems, i hear a slight buzzing from the back/bottom of the console especially more noticeable when playing a game (trying Astro's Playroom) and not as noticeable on the home screen....Not sure if its supposed to sound that way or if its just my console, i did check on reddit for anyone else if they are experiencing the same and i few people are..I know this isnt a technical thread but just wanted to see if any locals are experiencing similar situation...would be much appreciated!
Mine seems to have the same noise. Can't hear it once the action starts. Still got 11.9 months of warranty, will worry about it later! Face With Tears Of Joy
Nov 4, 2020
37 posts
4 upvotes
Gary320 wrote: Nothing so far. My TV is a little high so maybe thats why?
Only noise I've heard so far is the fan when I open my PS5 with a disc inside. It'll go on for a few seconds and then I never hear it again. Though I have only played for maybe 2-3 hours.
I had the exact same noise as well! When my PS5 was scanning my disc for Miles Morales when I put it in, it was making a buzzing noise which is normal I’m pretty sure because it’s just scanning the disc. After the scanning my PS5 buzzing noise was gone. So it’s pretty much normal.
Deal Addict
Jun 13, 2010
3081 posts
3033 upvotes
GTA
Well I had a great weekend. Picked up my PS5 disc version on Friday morning with 20x personal offer. Had an Ecobee4 installed for free (from Greenbrain thread) on Friday afternoon. Picked up my PS5 digital version on Saturday with 20x offer. My brother is taking the PS5 disc console and I decided not to keep the PS5 digital. I sold the PS5 digital for $850 ($435 profit after points) today.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 13, 2002
5996 posts
418 upvotes
Calgary
OfficialMP16 wrote: I had the exact same noise as well! When my PS5 was scanning my disc for Miles Morales when I put it in, it was making a buzzing noise which is normal I’m pretty sure because it’s just scanning the disc. After the scanning my PS5 buzzing noise was gone. So it’s pretty much normal.
mine is similar but playing 4k blurays make no noise ... it seems to be at boot up or installing when it makes the most noise
Nov 24, 2010
1 posts
Toronto
Does anyone know when shoppers will have it back in stock? Any particular place I can check or keep an eye out?
Jul 26, 2014
17 posts
31 upvotes
Kitchener, ON
tew wrote: Well I had a great weekend. Picked up my PS5 disc version on Friday morning with 20x personal offer. Had an Ecobee4 installed for free (from Greenbrain thread) on Friday afternoon. Picked up my PS5 digital version on Saturday with 20x offer. My brother is taking the PS5 disc console and I decided not to keep the PS5 digital. I sold the PS5 digital for $850 ($435 profit after points) today.
That's some AAA desperation on the consumer's part LOL.
But great for you :)
Deal Addict
Nov 19, 2009
1173 posts
467 upvotes
Laval
Gillani90 wrote: Does anyone know when shoppers will have it back in stock? Any particular place I can check or keep an eye out?
Maybe on November 20th? Some people may not pick up their PS5, worth taking a look at a few Shoppers nearby to see if they put those on the shelf or not. I'd go early in the morning though.
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2007
1506 posts
823 upvotes
Gary320 wrote: Maybe on November 20th? Some people may not pick up their PS5, worth taking a look at a few Shoppers nearby to see if they put those on the shelf or not. I'd go early in the morning though.
Its possible... but my location said they were all picked up on the first day, other then mine that I waited till Saturday 20x points day
Deal Addict
Jun 13, 2010
3081 posts
3033 upvotes
GTA
primoo wrote: That's some AAA desperation on the consumer's part LOL.
But great for you :)
Yeah and mine was the lowest price, most ads are for $900+ for the PS5 digital.
Deal Addict
Jun 13, 2010
3081 posts
3033 upvotes
GTA
Gary320 wrote: Maybe on November 20th? Some people may not pick up their PS5, worth taking a look at a few Shoppers nearby to see if they put those on the shelf or not. I'd go early in the morning though.
torontokris wrote: Its possible... but my location said they were all picked up on the first day, other then mine that I waited till Saturday 20x points day
All of the SDM stores are going to get dozens of calls/drop ins on the 20th from people looking for the 2 or 3 PS5s that were not picked up in the entire country.
Deal Addict
Nov 24, 2015
1092 posts
816 upvotes
Durham Region
What is with people trying to scalp dualsense controllers for $120-140.
Every store I’ve been to has them on the shelves, no shortage of them
Deal Addict
Jun 13, 2010
3081 posts
3033 upvotes
GTA
networksend wrote: What is with people trying to scalp dualsense controllers for $120-140.
Every store I’ve been to has them on the shelves, no shortage of them
I saw a big display of them at the front in Costco today.