Hot Deals

[Shoppers Drug Mart] PS5 DualSense Controller $89.99 + 26,335 PC Optimum Points & free shipping

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 24th, 2021 9:31 am
[OP]
Sep 12, 2020
14 posts
43 upvotes

[Shoppers Drug Mart] PS5 DualSense Controller $89.99 + 26,335 PC Optimum Points & free shipping

Hello,

After big drops yesterday from Amazon and Best buy, I guess ppl need PS5 controllers like me. I see Shoppers has controllers for 89.99 but it gives you 26,333 point as bonus. Not sure if this is a great deal but I pulled the trigger and ordered one.
Last edited by TomRFD on Apr 23rd, 2021 10:12 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: updated title
31 replies
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2009
1635 posts
1373 upvotes
Ottawa
This is typical. More of a shopping discussion / regular deal that happens. The Optimum program itself is how many people get discounted consoles, accessories, games, and electronics.
Last edited by cloak on Apr 23rd, 2021 8:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
[OP]
Sep 12, 2020
14 posts
43 upvotes
Is there lower price that you can mention here? I will be more than happy to revise/delete the post if anyone has better offer for the controllers. I just see down votes and it really confused me. In kijiji scalpers are selling these for $90 so I am really confused.
Jan 4, 2019
483 posts
279 upvotes
hoomaneagle wrote: Is there lower price that you can mention here? I will be more than happy to revise/delete the post if anyone has better offer for the controllers. I just see down votes and it really confused me. In kijiji scalpers are selling these for $90 so I am really confused.
The downvotes are just because there isn't actually a reduced price at shoppers it's a points thing thag yes you can technically say reduced the price but it's just points. So the title and stuff needs to be updated explaining the points
[OP]
Sep 12, 2020
14 posts
43 upvotes
I see, that is true. Thanks for informing (I am pretty new here). Post is updated.
Deal Addict
Aug 20, 2007
1930 posts
707 upvotes
Kitchener
Both of my dual sense are experiencing drift. One is now being repaired/replaced as we speak. When I get that one back the other one is going in. Not pleased that after only 6 months of use both are experiencing problems. When I called Sony, they were like, do you have a copy of the receipt? I was like why, considering it’s impossible for these not to be under warranty since they only came on out Nov 12??
Feb 11, 2007
409 posts
164 upvotes
Try the Uber grocery app with $50 off $100, controller with filler item comes out to $75 after tax delivered from Walmart. And I got two jars of Nutella!
[OP]
Sep 12, 2020
14 posts
43 upvotes
peelhic wrote: Both of my dual sense are experiencing drift. One is now being repaired/replaced as we speak. When I get that one back the other one is going in. Not pleased that after only 6 months of use both are experiencing problems. When I called Sony, they were like, do you have a copy of the receipt? I was like why, considering it’s impossible for these not to be under warranty since they only came on out Nov 12??
That is bad.. I never had an issue with my Ps4 controllers.
[OP]
Sep 12, 2020
14 posts
43 upvotes
azntron wrote: Try the Uber grocery app with $50 off $100, controller with filler item comes out to $75 after tax delivered from Walmart. And I got two jars of Nutella!
What is Uber grocery app? In my Uber eat, I only have Rexall, Shell and PetroCanada. I don't see Walmart. Maybe it is for bigger metropolitan areas?
May 13, 2020
65 posts
28 upvotes
peelhic wrote: Both of my dual sense are experiencing drift. One is now being repaired/replaced as we speak. When I get that one back the other one is going in. Not pleased that after only 6 months of use both are experiencing problems. When I called Sony, they were like, do you have a copy of the receipt? I was like why, considering it’s impossible for these not to be under warranty since they only came on out Nov 12??
Dang, seems like you got the short end of the straw, both of mine are still completely fine after hundreds of hours and I've had my ps5 since launch day.
Deal Addict
Feb 20, 2009
1356 posts
537 upvotes
hoomaneagle wrote: That is bad.. I never had an issue with my Ps4 controllers.
Really? I went through 6 Ps4 controllers since it was released.
Jun 12, 2019
261 posts
379 upvotes
A little off topic , but I have drift on both my ps4 controllers .. is it possible to buy new one and send in old one under warranty ?
[OP]
Sep 12, 2020
14 posts
43 upvotes
Dealscavenger613 wrote: A little off topic , but I have drift on both my ps4 controllers .. is it possible to buy new one and send in old one under warranty ?
I am not actually sure but if they don't honor their warranty, then ppl have right to complain/play. But in any case, returning something instead of something else is not a good action imho.
Jan 28, 2013
649 posts
888 upvotes
Scarborough, ONT
hoomaneagle wrote: Is there lower price that you can mention here? I will be more than happy to revise/delete the post if anyone has better offer for the controllers. I just see down votes and it really confused me. In kijiji scalpers are selling these for $90 so I am really confused.
Now you got me confused... They were selling for 50/60 in March on Kijiji. I just checked, I am only seeing 70 in most cases. OP, where are you located??

There are a few BST posts selling the controllers too, way below market price.
Fido Mobile
Freedom Mobile
Koodo Home Phone
Fido Internet
Dec 24, 2017
941 posts
829 upvotes
I suspect Sony is going to release a new revision of this controller in a year or so...they did that with the PS3 and PS4 controllers
[OP]
Sep 12, 2020
14 posts
43 upvotes
umega890 wrote: Now you got me confused... They were selling for 50/60 in March on Kijiji. I just checked, I am only seeing 70 in most cases. OP, where are you located??

There are a few BST posts selling the controllers too, way below market price.
I am in KW area. No body is selling less than $90/$85 here. Even if they do (selling at $70), I prefer to get it from store so I have the receipts.
Jan 28, 2013
649 posts
888 upvotes
Scarborough, ONT
hoomaneagle wrote: I am in KW area. No body is selling less than $90/$85 here. Even if they do (selling at $70), I prefer to get it from store so I have the receipts.
Makes sense then I guess. In Toronto, lots are selling for 70, with receipts upon request.
Fido Mobile
Freedom Mobile
Koodo Home Phone
Fido Internet
[OP]
Sep 12, 2020
14 posts
43 upvotes
umega890 wrote: Makes sense then I guess. In Toronto, lots are selling for 70, with receipts upon request.
Sure, that makes sense. Just checked marketplace in Toronto and there are some ppl asking 65/70 which is good if you are in the same area.