Expired Hot Deals

[Shoppers Drug Mart] QC Lenovo Ideapad 3 4500U/8GB/512SSD - 525$

  • Last Updated:
  • May 17th, 2021 2:39 pm
[OP]
Member
User avatar
Dec 4, 2013
284 posts
235 upvotes
Longueuil

[Shoppers Drug Mart] QC Lenovo Ideapad 3 4500U/8GB/512SSD - 525$

Saturday and sunday Shoppers Drug Mart is having 25% off on pretty much all laptop they have in stock.

I was able to get this Ideapad 3 for 525$ - 200$ in points so I think its a pretty sweet deal.

The girl at SDM was really kind and scanned all the laptop and Chromebook she had (they are all hidden in a locked room) and she showed me all the laptop so I could choose the one I want. Based on the specifications, the Ideapad was the best deal.

It seems that they do not offer the 25% off online so only in store.

There was the Asus M509 with a Ryzen 7 3700U at the same price but I prefered to go for the 4th generation Ryzen 5.

Update : Seems to be QC only
Last edited by Th3MaTr1x001 on May 8th, 2021 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thread Summary
Looking for more budget options? Check out RFD Reviews' list of the best laptops under $500!
65 replies
Jr. Member
Apr 22, 2020
193 posts
242 upvotes
Alberta
Wow this is an insane deal with the bonus redemption. Is this all locations?
[OP]
Member
User avatar
Dec 4, 2013
284 posts
235 upvotes
Longueuil
Asduio wrote: So you ended up.525-200 =300 ?
The total including taxes (QC) : 604.53$ - 200$ in points so I paid 404.53$
[OP]
Member
User avatar
Dec 4, 2013
284 posts
235 upvotes
Longueuil
Lemonsquash wrote: Wow this is an insane deal with the bonus redemption. Is this all locations?
Its in my Pharmaprix flyer…so I guess yes.
Images
  • 7B89A4F3-9292-4980-9DDD-164B52E0ECBC.jpeg
Member
User avatar
Feb 1, 2017
385 posts
551 upvotes
Hmm this seems hugely YMMV considering you have to just walk into the store and hope they have this laptop. Also yeah, your $200 in points is unexplained.
Also aren't a lot of QC deals exclusive.
Member
Nov 30, 2019
292 posts
304 upvotes
This must be region specific
I am in BC and the local flyer does not advertise this

I called a few stores and they all said they are not running this promo here :(

Very hot if you can get though. Excellent find OP
Member
User avatar
Feb 17, 2013
232 posts
84 upvotes
Newmarket, ON
Does yours has 512 SSD? the Asus R7 says 512 SSD but it's HDD. Thanks
[OP]
Member
User avatar
Dec 4, 2013
284 posts
235 upvotes
Longueuil
robbyp17 wrote: Does yours has 512 SSD? the Asus R7 says 512 SSD but it's HDD. Thanks
CrystalDiskInfo say its a 512GB NVME ssd.
Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2007
2086 posts
1116 upvotes
Ottawa
vcadieux wrote: Its in my Pharmaprix flyer…so I guess yes.
Nothing in the Ontario flyer...
Member
User avatar
Oct 30, 2017
319 posts
339 upvotes
London, ON
Here is ON is redeem 200,000 points and get $300 off...
I had my eyes on the IdeaPad 3, 15", R5, 8GB, 512 SSD for $699.99 which will be $490.98 and 200K points...did not pull the trigger yet and might wait on a better deal
But for 25% off and redeem 200K points this is a much hotter deal
Please do not hesitate to ask me any questions you might have.
[OP]
Member
User avatar
Dec 4, 2013
284 posts
235 upvotes
Longueuil
775681 wrote: Here is ON is redeem 200,000 points and get $300 off...
I had my eyes on the IdeaPad 3, 15", R5, 8GB, 512 SSD for $699.99 which will be $490.98 and 200K points...did not pull the trigger yet and might wait on a better deal
But for 25% off and redeem 200K points this is a much hotter deal
Yeah here (QC) we also have that 200 000pts for 300$ off but I only had 166 000pts unfortunately so I could only redeem 200$.

So yeah if you have 200 000pts and can find this laptop at 25% off, that would be a very hot deal!
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jan 24, 2007
2963 posts
521 upvotes
North York
robbyp17 wrote: Does yours has 512 SSD? the Asus R7 says 512 SSD but it's HDD. Thanks
I bought this m509DA a couple of months back - it is R7 3700U and it has 512 SSD and 8GB RAM (4 soldered + 4 in slot) upgradable to 16 GB RAM = addition 1 TB HDD. I paid $699 but got back 20x the pts. Quite happy with the laptop. Haven't upgraded as yet.
Member
Apr 30, 2017
497 posts
863 upvotes
Saint-Hubert, Quebec
ryokoseigo wrote: Hmm this seems hugely YMMV considering you have to just walk into the store and hope they have this laptop. Also yeah, your $200 in points is unexplained.
Also aren't a lot of QC deals exclusive.
Do you live under a rock? Redemption events from SDM are all over RFD all the time man.
Newbie
Jul 12, 2010
60 posts
15 upvotes
Montreal
Wasn't really planning on getting a laptop but now I am considering it... Anyone know which Mtl locations usually have a good stock of laptops/electronics? Since a day of the sale has already passed maybe my local locations might be sold out?
Deal Addict
Sep 9, 2010
4864 posts
3519 upvotes
Burnaby
vcadieux wrote: The total including taxes (QC) : 604.53$ - 200$ in points so I paid 404.53$
That's a great price, roughly equivalent to paying (out of pocket) $350 for it before taxes.

Incompetent workers (and criminals) cover each other's "lower back"
Keywords: doxxers, moles, security breaches, cs*s,
Member
Dec 7, 2012
478 posts
943 upvotes
vcadieux wrote: Yeah here (QC) we also have that 200 000pts for 300$ off but I only had 166 000pts unfortunately so I could only redeem 200$.

So yeah if you have 200 000pts and can find this laptop at 25% off, that would be a very hot deal!
To late now but next time buy some items to get the missing points you needed first then make your big purchase. If 200,000 points used stacked and you would’ve got $300 off, then it would have made sense to buy bonus item Vitamins or whatever to get the missing 34,000 in points first so you could get the extra $100 dollars off.
Deal Addict
Mar 20, 2016
1116 posts
969 upvotes
Montreal
4500U in 2021?

Edit: looks like it is a Ryzen, not an intel. No complaints.
Last edited by sneakerfan on May 9th, 2021 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top