Travel

Shoppers Drug Mart Rapid Antigen & Flights - Experiences??

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 25th, 2021 11:58 am
[OP]
Aug 16, 2021
5 posts
4 upvotes

Shoppers Drug Mart Rapid Antigen & Flights - Experiences??

Hi there,

Just curious, anyone have first hand experience doing the rapid antigen test at Shoppers to use to board an Air Canada flight to the US?

Did you just take a photo of the paper they give you? I understand results are not emailed to you, only hard copy.

Any experiences to share would be appreciated.
10 replies
Jun 8, 2019
87 posts
70 upvotes
Mississauga, Ontario
I'm flying out tomorrow to the US. Got our antigen test yesterday from Shoppers (hard copy). When we did online check-in today (24 hours prior to flight) we scanned the document from Shoppers and uploaded it to Air Canada's portal. They also advice to bring the paper with you to the airport, so we will take it with us.
Deal Addict
Jan 10, 2009
1557 posts
949 upvotes
Toronto
My wife used it a couple of weeks ago to fly to the UK on Air Canada. No issues. Wouldn't expect to the US to be any different since they're both Rapid Antigen tested countries.
Mar 4, 2003
440 posts
117 upvotes
Newmarket
Used it last week to fly to Dallas. No issues. Have never heard of it being a problem for anyone flying to US.
Deal Addict
Feb 27, 2011
2123 posts
696 upvotes
Don't tell Shoppers it's for travel, I heard some stores decline people if they say that.

tman74 wrote: I'm flying out tomorrow to the US. Got our antigen test yesterday from Shoppers (hard copy). When we did online check-in today (24 hours prior to flight) we scanned the document from Shoppers and uploaded it to Air Canada's portal. They also advice to bring the paper with you to the airport, so we will take it with us.
Same, no issues with Air Canada, except the check-in agent was very aggressive about saying I would not be allowed to board the plane unless I gave her a paper copy. (I was in the process of pulling the paper copy out of my backpack, was just trying to save her time..)

I had already uploaded the results online and they were approved before I got to the airport, so my guess is the agent was just having a bad morning.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2005
9257 posts
1634 upvotes
TO
Do you book these in person at SDM and just show up within 72 hours of your flight?
"You can't soar with the eagles if you're hanging with the turkeys - Gary Kent
Mar 4, 2003
440 posts
117 upvotes
Newmarket
TorontoEh wrote: Do you book these in person at SDM and just show up within 72 hours of your flight?
I think it depends on the pharmacy. I made an appointment, but I've heard other locations just say to come in any time. Call to confirm.
Aug 19, 2015
346 posts
262 upvotes
Ajax, ON
Here is a * up thing.
I flew out to Orlando Aug 16h . Did all the test for 4 of us. NOT A SINGLE PERSON ASKED ME TO SEE the test. W T F. Not pearson, not wesjet, not USA.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2005
9257 posts
1634 upvotes
TO
Vako636 wrote: Here is a * up thing.
I flew out to Orlando Aug 16h . Did all the test for 4 of us. NOT A SINGLE PERSON ASKED ME TO SEE the test. W T F. Not pearson, not wesjet, not USA.
Intesting, I wonder b/c you;d had to upload all this info in preboarding portion of Westjet or airlines ?
"You can't soar with the eagles if you're hanging with the turkeys - Gary Kent
Aug 19, 2015
346 posts
262 upvotes
Ajax, ON
TorontoEh wrote: Intesting, I wonder b/c you;d had to upload all this info in preboarding portion of Westjet or airlines ?
Nope. No uploading anywhere. You only upload on ArriveCAN when you come back
Jun 8, 2019
87 posts
70 upvotes
Mississauga, Ontario
I uploaded our test results to Air Canada’s site as part of online check in (24 hours prior to flight time). A few hours later we got an email from them confirming the test results were validated . We had to reprint our boarding passes because they added a code confirming the test results had been reviewed. No one at the airport asked for the results.